Affymax Finance Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Finance Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Affymax in December 2008.

Interviews consisted of a half day of meetings with selected functional representatives. The interviews were back to back from 8 am through 1 pm, with lunch provided during the 2nd to last interview.

Very friendly, warm first impression - the team was courteous and respectful. Most folks I met had an easy going, laid back manner. I spent quite a bit of prep time before the interviews, and I felt that I was well prepared to discuss the opportunity. However, they had only allotted approx. 20 minutes per interview, so I never felt like I had a chance to fully answer questions.

Overall, I came away with the impression that the interviews went well, the HR representative even at one point jokingly asking me if I could start that day! However, unfortunately that day of interviews was the last contact I ever had with them. I received no further responses from the company whatsoever. No emails, no phone calls, no explanation of where they were in the process. I tried to contact them a few times over the following weeks for an update on where things stood and received no response whatsoever. Eventually I had to assume I did not get the position but I thought it was rude to not respond. If you are interviewing at this company, I would strongly recommend clarifying what the exact next steps are and the timeframe they have in mind before you leave the interview.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to supervise an employee, would you want to sit close to them in order to more easily see what they were doing, or would prefer to have them sit far from you so that they have more autonomy?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Affymax

Worked for Affymax? Contribute to the Community!