Affymetrix

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview Details – I had two round phone interview and one onsite interview, and I'm still waiting for reply . The managers are very friendly. I hope to join this company as it has very good reputation.

Interview Question – They will have Intelligence Test during onsite interview which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Specialist Interview

Clinical Specialist
Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Affymetrix in February 2013.

Interview Details – Internal position. Heard the person in the position had left, so I directly emailed the manager my resume and indicated I had been waiting for the position to open since I started working for the company (in a get my foot in the door position). They said they would look externally as well. I interviewed with 5 people from upper management, product marketing, to VP of sales. In total the process took 4 months.

Interview Question – Coming from a non-commisioned positions, how do you feel having your position stability based on obtaining your sales number?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. They offered and i accepted their terms because I felt they were beyond reasonable

Marketing Automation and Campaigns Interview

Marketing Automation and Campaigns
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview Details – I applied online and was then contacted by the HR person and had a short interview with her. Then I was called in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people, two of whom had a say in the decision making process. The interview continued for about an hour.

It took them 6 months to respond that they made a decision. During that time I checked multiple times with their recruiter. This was not expected as they had said they were looking to hire asap.

Interview Question – Various questions about Eloqua & Salesforce but nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in February 2010.

Interview Details – Had phone interview and two on-site interviews

Interview Question – Add a lot of experiment detail questions even calculation   View Answer

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Regional Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview Details – The interview process was long. You could interview with 7-12 people during the whole process. They asked very specific questions about your experience so be prepare to answer them. It took them a while to get return a response. It is very difficult to negotiate but it is worth a shot.

Interview Question – What would your first 60 days look like?   Answer Question

Research Associate II Interview

Research Associate II
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview Details – Dropped resume and cover letter at job fair. Phone interview occurred 5 months later, followed by a 1:1 interview with Human Resource recruiter. Call-back a few days later resulted in 1:1 with Director of research group, then "360" interviews with coworkers and VP level management. Hired as temp; pushed for permanent status after 3mos and was accepted based on track record over temp employment period.

Interview Question – Had to explain undergrad research project and diagram examples.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be an advocate for yourself. Active negotiation of salary, hours, and responsibilities are possible. Passive acceptance of initial offer will result in lower pay if you are not assertive.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Affymetrix in March 2008.

Interview Details – Initial contact by company recruiter. Phone-screen interview. 1st-round interview. 2nd-round interview.

Interview Question – Two-people interview.   Answer Question

Research Associate I Interview

Research Associate I
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Affymetrix in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was first a Phone interview and mostly consisted of my previous work and then a presentation at the facility of my previous work. It took 2 months for their decision.

Interview Question – Describe a comflict that you dealt with at your workplace ?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in October 2011.

Interview Details – After twelve in person interviews taking over eight unpaid hours, they decided that I should have two more phone interviews. Then rather than getting offered a permanent position suddenly the opportunity turned into a contracting position (the biggest red flag ever) . After providing even further references while they worked out the paperwork. I worked two weeks, well over sixteen hours a day, to be told they weren't ready to commit to me? In retrospect, I saw problems from the start, I should of passed.

Interview Question – Why are you interviewing with so many people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Confusing ...permanent consulting.....pass this place up.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in May 2010.

Interview Details – Summer Intern Program
Phone Interview with HR and Hiring Manger
On-site Interview with Hiring manager and seniors (2) of the department

Interview Question – About Education Qualification and Academic Projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Worked for Affymetrix? Contribute to the Community!