Affymetrix

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Automation and Campaigns Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview Details – I applied online and was then contacted by the HR person and had a short interview with her. Then I was called in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people, two of whom had a say in the decision making process. The interview continued for about an hour.

It took them 6 months to respond that they made a decision. During that time I checked multiple times with their recruiter. This was not expected as they had said they were looking to hire asap.

Interview Question – Various questions about Eloqua & Salesforce but nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in February 2010.

Interview Details – Had phone interview and two on-site interviews

Interview Question – Add a lot of experiment detail questions even calculation   View Answer

Research Associate II Interview

Research Associate II
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview Details – Dropped resume and cover letter at job fair. Phone interview occurred 5 months later, followed by a 1:1 interview with Human Resource recruiter. Call-back a few days later resulted in 1:1 with Director of research group, then "360" interviews with coworkers and VP level management. Hired as temp; pushed for permanent status after 3mos and was accepted based on track record over temp employment period.

Interview Question – Had to explain undergrad research project and diagram examples.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be an advocate for yourself. Active negotiation of salary, hours, and responsibilities are possible. Passive acceptance of initial offer will result in lower pay if you are not assertive.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Affymetrix in March 2008.

Interview Details – Initial contact by company recruiter. Phone-screen interview. 1st-round interview. 2nd-round interview.

Interview Question – Two-people interview.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in October 2011.

Interview Details – After twelve in person interviews taking over eight unpaid hours, they decided that I should have two more phone interviews. Then rather than getting offered a permanent position suddenly the opportunity turned into a contracting position (the biggest red flag ever) . After providing even further references while they worked out the paperwork. I worked two weeks, well over sixteen hours a day, to be told they weren't ready to commit to me? In retrospect, I saw problems from the start, I should of passed.

Interview Question – Why are you interviewing with so many people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Confusing ...permanent consulting.....pass this place up.

Summer Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in May 2010.

Interview Details – Summer Intern Program
Phone Interview with HR and Hiring Manger
On-site Interview with Hiring manager and seniors (2) of the department

Interview Question – About Education Qualification and Academic Projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Field Service Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in March 2010.

Interview Details – Thorough phone interview.

1:1 onsite interview.

Affy Recruiter HR position negotiations.

Obsessively thorough background check. Big brother or just public information you choose how u feel about privacy?

Interview Questions

• How do you train adults who are very resistant to change?   View Answer
  • Our platform is failing on every level; how will you fix this.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary increase, but should have asked for
-Sr title
-stock options vesting
-severance package

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Affymetrix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Affymetrix interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Affymetrix employees and interview candidates.