Affymetrix Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Affymetrix in February 2013.

Internal position. Heard the person in the position had left, so I directly emailed the manager my resume and indicated I had been waiting for the position to open since I started working for the company (in a get my foot in the door position). They said they would look externally as well. I interviewed with 5 people from upper management, product marketing, to VP of sales. In total the process took 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a non-commisioned positions, how do you feel having your position stability based on obtaining your sales number?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate. They offered and i accepted their terms because I felt they were beyond reasonable

Marketing Automation and Campaigns Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Affymetrix.

I applied online and was then contacted by the HR person and had a short interview with her. Then I was called in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people, two of whom had a say in the decision making process. The interview continued for about an hour.

It took them 6 months to respond that they made a decision. During that time I checked multiple times with their recruiter. This was not expected as they had said they were looking to hire asap.

Interview Questions
    • Various questions about Eloqua & Salesforce but nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in February 2010.

Had phone interview and two on-site interviews

Interview Questions
    • Add a lot of experiment detail questions even calculation   View Answer

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Affymetrix.

Dropped resume and cover letter at job fair. Phone interview occurred 5 months later, followed by a 1:1 interview with Human Resource recruiter. Call-back a few days later resulted in 1:1 with Director of research group, then "360" interviews with coworkers and VP level management. Hired as temp; pushed for permanent status after 3mos and was accepted based on track record over temp employment period.

Interview Questions
    • Had to explain undergrad research project and diagram examples.   View Answer
    Be an advocate for yourself. Active negotiation of salary, hours, and responsibilities are possible. Passive acceptance of initial offer will result in lower pay if you are not assertive.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Affymetrix in March 2008.

Initial contact by company recruiter. Phone-screen interview. 1st-round interview. 2nd-round interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in October 2011.

After twelve in person interviews taking over eight unpaid hours, they decided that I should have two more phone interviews. Then rather than getting offered a permanent position suddenly the opportunity turned into a contracting position (the biggest red flag ever) . After providing even further references while they worked out the paperwork. I worked two weeks, well over sixteen hours a day, to be told they weren't ready to commit to me? In retrospect, I saw problems from the start, I should of passed.

Interview Questions
    Confusing ...permanent consulting.....pass this place up.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in May 2010.

Summer Intern Program
    Phone Interview with HR and Hiring Manger
    On-site Interview with Hiring manager and seniors (2) of the department

Nothing

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affymetrix in March 2010.

Thorough phone interview.

1:1 onsite interview.

Affy Recruiter HR position negotiations.

Obsessively thorough background check. Big brother or just public information you choose how u feel about privacy?

Interview Questions
    • How do you train adults who are very resistant to change?   View Answer
    • Our platform is failing on every level; how will you fix this.   View Answer
    salary increase, but should have asked for
    -Sr title
    -stock options vesting
    -severance package

Worked for Affymetrix? Contribute to the Community!