Aflac AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Norwalk, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

1st interview process is group. you meet with the regional sales coordinator. They give you knowledge of what Aflac is all about . I found it to be all cards on the table. are you for us ? Are we for you ?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I spoke with the district coordinator for nearly two hours which was just talking about life as an athlete and a teacher and how it translates to this position. As a sales associate we want to educate our customers about lifestyle changes and tradeoffs which lower risks over time. We talked about the products Aflac offers and objections we may see in the field. Of course he asked me about past experience. I had experience for a year in the health field so this was an easy transition. The next day I met with the regiona coordinator for th final interview which I could have been much better. I sort of frozen up after hearing him speak which is unlike me. Basically the questions were about self discipline and work ethic. He hammered home strongly the compensation inlvolved. You can geat pod within two days of signing someone up for a plan. Twe percent of what you sale allows you to turn it into stock up front or 3.5 percent if you wait longer. Their are a lot of contests and such also which allow you to travel.

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Recruiter i mean the Regional sales director gave a twenty minute spiel as to what aflac is and does.he then proceeded to make a multitude of false promises and showed the math how somebody can make 70k in the first year.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Boynton Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a group interview to see how you interact with others and to get a brief introduction, the history and what Aflac has to offer to customers and their agents

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Advice I give to others, know your value and what you can bring to the company and have a goal.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The initial interview: There should have been disclosures about real dollar costs like office and supplies cost sharing as well as footing the cost of your travel to training, including lodging if you don't want to partner up with someone you don't know. The follow up: I was asked to prepare questions for a follow up call, but in retrospect it seemed an in-genuine gesture to be able to say one was allowed to ask questions. Well, if one is unaware of the breadth and depth of the onboarding, then how relevant would are those questions? Answer, they aren't. The reality: If you can't tolerate months without an income or with a very minimal income, since there is no financial support from AFLAC during months of training, all while paying out the cost of business, this is not the opportunity for you. I couldn't so I left before starting school. The outcome: Bitter acceptance from the recruiter. I'm happy with my decision to leave. I did pass my state exam and get my license.

Negotiation

Since you are a 1099 independent contractor responsible for footing all of your own business expenses including travel and supplies for training, negotiations don't really exist.

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Interview

Came across the Aflac table my University's career fair. Gave them my resume and they called me the next day. The interview was easy, but not the best experience I've had. The first fifteen minutes were standard asking me about things on my resume and my plans for the future. After that my interviewer spent the next hour and a half doing a sales pitch of the position with a powerpoint presentation. Not the best first impression for an interview considering 90% of the stuff he talked about I already knew from doing prior research. Like most I'm not ignorant enough to go into an interview without researching at the very least the most basic facts about the company. Overall nice guy but the interview was a bit one sided.

Interview Questions

• "If I had lunch with your two best friends what would they say your best and worst qualities are?"   Answer Question

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Don't fool yourself, they will hire anyone who can pass the insurance exam and is willing to work for no base/commission . They interview about 30 people a week in our office and have hired over 150 since Jan (but most don't stay). It's a great sales pitch they give you. But you may want to look at the average salaries posted on here. If you can live on 1000-2000 a month, go for it. BTW the insurance exam is not easy. They tell you at the interview that you can study and pass in 2 weeks. Most people take 3-4 weeks. New agents feed the machine. You can't look at the CIT's salaries to represent what you will make because they are given business by the DSC for compensation for training new sales agents. If they contacted you, and you want to check them out, make sure to research to see if there is a office closer to your home because you will need to go to meetings or training 5 days a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unless you know a lot of business owners this job is fruitless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Online resume submission. Was called 3 days after submitting resume and told to come in for an "interview" with the Regional Sales Rep. I knew going in that this was simply a recruiting cattle call but I wanted to see if I could cut through the "rah-rah" Aflac shite and see if the opportunity could actually pan out. All of my questions were answered and I was given more information to digest at home. That information was little more than a few glossy generic recruitment pages in an Aflac folder. I was called back 2 days later and asked if I wanted to schedule a second interview and I said I'd get back to them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions as the "interview" was little more than a pulse check. Aflac does not "hire" sales people you join them as independent contractors to sell their limited product line.   Answer Question

I'm looking for a job that starts with a base salary that eventually gets replaced by commission.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Irvine, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

They will not tell you much, and when you shoe up it will be in a mass interview that is skitted and formatted.

Interview Questions

• They are just looking for bodies willing to go out and prospect on your won without being paid anything. You will even have to buy your cards here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, only commission and no help generating clients

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Informal--big sales job with few truthful facts

Negotiation

none