Aflac

1.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

The initial interview: There should have been disclosures about real dollar costs like office and supplies cost sharing as well as footing the cost of your travel to training, including lodging if you don't want to partner up with someone you don't know.

The follow up: I was asked to prepare questions for a follow up call, but in retrospect it seemed an in-genuine gesture to be able to say one was allowed to ask questions. Well, if one is unaware of the breadth and depth of the onboarding, then how relevant would are those questions? Answer, they aren't.

The reality: If you can't tolerate months without an income or with a very minimal income, since there is no financial support from AFLAC during months of training, all while paying out the cost of business, this is not the opportunity for you. I couldn't so I left before starting school.

The outcome: Bitter acceptance from the recruiter. I'm happy with my decision to leave. I did pass my state exam and get my license.

Since you are a 1099 independent contractor responsible for footing all of your own business expenses including travel and supplies for training, negotiations don't really exist.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Came across the Aflac table my University's career fair. Gave them my resume and they called me the next day.
    The interview was easy, but not the best experience I've had. The first fifteen minutes were standard asking me about things on my resume and my plans for the future. After that my interviewer spent the next hour and a half doing a sales pitch of the position with a powerpoint presentation. Not the best first impression for an interview considering 90% of the stuff he talked about I already knew from doing prior research. Like most I'm not ignorant enough to go into an interview without researching at the very least the most basic facts about the company.
    Overall nice guy but the interview was a bit one sided.

Interview Questions
    • "If I had lunch with your two best friends what would they say your best and worst qualities are?"   Answer Question

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

Don't fool yourself, they will hire anyone who can pass the insurance exam and is willing to work for no base/commission . They interview about 30 people a week in our office and have hired over 150 since Jan (but most don't stay). It's a great sales pitch they give you. But you may want to look at the average salaries posted on here. If you can live on 1000-2000 a month, go for it. BTW the insurance exam is not easy. They tell you at the interview that you can study and pass in 2 weeks. Most people take 3-4 weeks. New agents feed the machine. You can't look at the CIT's salaries to represent what you will make because they are given business by the DSC for compensation for training new sales agents.
     If they contacted you, and you want to check them out, make sure to research to see if there is a office closer to your home because you will need to go to meetings or training 5 days a week.

Interview Questions
    Unless you know a lot of business owners this job is fruitless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

Online resume submission. Was called 3 days after submitting resume and told to come in for an "interview" with the Regional Sales Rep. I knew going in that this was simply a recruiting cattle call but I wanted to see if I could cut through the "rah-rah" Aflac shite and see if the opportunity could actually pan out. All of my questions were answered and I was given more information to digest at home. That information was little more than a few glossy generic recruitment pages in an Aflac folder. I was called back 2 days later and asked if I wanted to schedule a second interview and I said I'd get back to them.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions as the "interview" was little more than a pulse check. Aflac does not "hire" sales people you join them as independent contractors to sell their limited product line.   Answer Question

I'm looking for a job that starts with a base salary that eventually gets replaced by commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Informal--big sales job with few truthful facts

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in January 2014.

They will not tell you much, and when you shoe up it will be in a mass interview that is skitted and formatted.

Interview Questions
    • They are just looking for bodies willing to go out and prospect on your won without being paid anything. You will even have to buy your cards here.   View Answer
    No negotiating, only commission and no help generating clients

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

The interview process was simple. Just completed a simple application once on site including a SWOT analysis (which was different). The interview was not intimidating and the opportunity sounds promising. The typical stuff was asked, "Tell me about your background, Why would you be a good candidate for this position, Tell me about your sales experience..."

Interview Questions
    • Oh mentioned that already, It wasn't really difficult, but completing a SWOT analysis was a different spin during an interview for me. Of course I haven't interview in 7 years, so maybe things have changed.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, it's commission only. So we'll see how well things go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac in October 2010.

I was what you call "nominated" into aflac.They called me for interview, sold me a dream but I knew that it would take a lot of work so I went through the interview process which is pretty straightforward. to me it really isn't like getting a job it's like being licensed to work for yourself. I think the most challenging part about starting this type of career is that you need to get license within your state.

Interview Questions
    • in my experience it wasn't really a question session but it is more the person selling the company to you and why you want to work with them or for aflac.   Answer Question
    unless there is an office that's willing to pay you by the hour and let you do commision enrollments, you start off with all commission.