Aflac Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They contacted me, although they never asked me anything from my Resume. Very easy, three people in the room plus the interviewer. They just explained us how it works and how do you get payed. Just comissions.

Interview Questions

• Did you like the explanation?, Why do you think this is a good job for you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within 24 hours, set up an in person interview
    Interview was 1-on-1, about 30 minutes
    They spend a lot of time trying to sell you on the job
    At the end they told me to think it over and call back if I'm interested, and then they'd let me know if they were extending an offer, which felt a bit backwards.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was referred by an old friend, came in for a board room meeting which was followed about a week later by a one on one meeting with the Regional Sales Coordinator. He was thorough but brief and to the point, and seemed genuinely excited to have me on the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with not knowing what your pay will be each month?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac in January 2015.

Interview

I was approached for the position by one of there internal recruiters. They offered a live interview. During the initial phone call and after through a few emails. I was a bit surprised at just how little the recruiter knew of the position. It came down to doing the interview or not getting the information. If this was going to be the start I was not interested in going forward.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was hired after the first interview. Then, I was to go through training to take the licensing exams for selling health insurance and life insurance. I was told that we were to practice a training protocol and to look up business owners to call to set up appointments to meet with them in person and discuss what AFLAC could provide for their employees.

Negotiation

I was not in a position where I had any negotiating power. The field was new to my career experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Applied through my university and was contacted to set up an info session and interview the following week. The district sales coordinator was very professional and personable, and provided a broad summary of the industry and position. It was hard at times to keep up with all of the information given I had no prior knowledge of the insurance industry. In addition, like most people, all I knew about Aflac was the duck in the commercials.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the average candidate for this position?   Answer Question

It's a great opportunity and Aflac is a great product, however I felt it was better for me to take an entry-level position in a finance role rather than start out in insurance where you make 100% commission. Could be a possibility in the future though.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Columbia, MD).

Interview

There was no interview. 5 of us were basically given a sales pitch about why we should become Account Executives (basically salesmen). We were not asked any questions. We were invited back for a second day, which I declined.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked a single question. Maybe "How are you, today?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Columbia, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Two step interview process. First step being a group information session with several other people where a Manager goes over the basic information and function of Aflac. A follow up, 1 on 1 interview with a Manager is then scheduled for a future date. The interview process is very easy and they will accept pretty much anyone that comes in.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The most difficult question was simply to tell them about yourself and how your personality and previous work experience will help you with this job and to succeed at Aflac.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. 100% commission compensation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

They first were very secretive by not revealing any information until the group presentation. It was then I discovered, to my ultimate demise in the end, that it is a 100% commission-based salary. This is not for the feint of heart. They will basically hire anybody willing to do it.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you say to making over 500 cold calls a week? As long as you can set 8 appointments per week, we guarantee that 5 will actually happen, and you will land one new account from the 8 appointments set. But that can only happen from 500 phone calls or other means of contact.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, they just instructed you to go out and pay for your insurance licence tests, book, and exams and come back for the training when you got licensed.

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Glen Burnie, MD) in December 2009.

Interview

First, they call you saying that your resume looks impressive and their superior asked for an interview. Then they set up an "interview" appointment. When you get there you are asked to fill up a form, and then they ask you to sit in a room with people in it. You think that they were also called in for an interview and that one by one will be called. Guess what wrong thinking, the hiring personnel comes in and instead gives you a seminar on their company. After the seminar, he/she asks you to go for training and then the interview. Well, I wasted my time on that day.