Aflac Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

1.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I was hired after the first interview. Then, I was to go through training to take the licensing exams for selling health insurance and life insurance. I was told that we were to practice a training protocol and to look up business owners to call to set up appointments to meet with them in person and discuss what AFLAC could provide for their employees.

I was not in a position where I had any negotiating power. The field was new to my career experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

Applied through my university and was contacted to set up an info session and interview the following week. The district sales coordinator was very professional and personable, and provided a broad summary of the industry and position. It was hard at times to keep up with all of the information given I had no prior knowledge of the insurance industry. In addition, like most people, all I knew about Aflac was the duck in the commercials.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from the average candidate for this position?   Answer Question

It's a great opportunity and Aflac is a great product, however I felt it was better for me to take an entry-level position in a finance role rather than start out in insurance where you make 100% commission. Could be a possibility in the future though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

There was no interview. 5 of us were basically given a sales pitch about why we should become Account Executives (basically salesmen). We were not asked any questions. We were invited back for a second day, which I declined.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked a single question. Maybe "How are you, today?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

Two step interview process. First step being a group information session with several other people where a Manager goes over the basic information and function of Aflac. A follow up, 1 on 1 interview with a Manager is then scheduled for a future date. The interview process is very easy and they will accept pretty much anyone that comes in.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The most difficult question was simply to tell them about yourself and how your personality and previous work experience will help you with this job and to succeed at Aflac.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 100% commission compensation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

They first were very secretive by not revealing any information until the group presentation. It was then I discovered, to my ultimate demise in the end, that it is a 100% commission-based salary. This is not for the feint of heart. They will basically hire anybody willing to do it.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you say to making over 500 cold calls a week? As long as you can set 8 appointments per week, we guarantee that 5 will actually happen, and you will land one new account from the 8 appointments set. But that can only happen from 500 phone calls or other means of contact.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations, they just instructed you to go out and pay for your insurance licence tests, book, and exams and come back for the training when you got licensed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glen Burnie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in December 2009.

First, they call you saying that your resume looks impressive and their superior asked for an interview. Then they set up an "interview" appointment. When you get there you are asked to fill up a form, and then they ask you to sit in a room with people in it. You think that they were also called in for an interview and that one by one will be called. Guess what wrong thinking, the hiring personnel comes in and instead gives you a seminar on their company. After the seminar, he/she asks you to go for training and then the interview. Well, I wasted my time on that day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in June 2009.

got email unsolicited from one of the "managers". they found a resume i posted on a job board. they gave no details other than the job title. called and scheduled interview and arrived on time to find 5 other candidates in the conference room with me. manager gave an hour presentation and collected our resumes and said he would call us that afternoon with a time for 1:1 interview if he was interested in us.
    he called me and i went back (30 min trip 1 way) the next day. turns out they make you pay for class, test and license for state insurance sales license.

Interview Questions
    • do you think you can come up with the money for the tests and training?   View Answer

I will not pay to go to work, if they want me bad enough, they will pay for my training..
    job is 100% commission, no sell-no pay.

Account Executive Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2012.

I received a call about my resume posted online and set up a time for the interview. I found out that it was a presentation of what the company is first and then the next step was a 1:1 interview. When I was told that the job was commission based I was not happy because they did not say this on the phone when I tried to get more information about them, they were very secretive about what to say over the phone.

Interview Questions

I declined because of the commission based pay

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!