Aflac

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – There was no interview. 5 of us were basically given a sales pitch about why we should become Account Executives (basically salesmen). We were not asked any questions. We were invited back for a second day, which I declined.

Interview Question – I was not asked a single question. Maybe "How are you, today?"   View Answer

Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

Interview Details – Two step interview process. First step being a group information session with several other people where a Manager goes over the basic information and function of Aflac. A follow up, 1 on 1 interview with a Manager is then scheduled for a future date. The interview process is very easy and they will accept pretty much anyone that comes in.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The most difficult question was simply to tell them about yourself and how your personality and previous work experience will help you with this job and to succeed at Aflac.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 100% commission compensation

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Interview Details – They first were very secretive by not revealing any information until the group presentation. It was then I discovered, to my ultimate demise in the end, that it is a 100% commission-based salary. This is not for the feint of heart. They will basically hire anybody willing to do it.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • What would you say to making over 500 cold calls a week? As long as you can set 8 appointments per week, we guarantee that 5 will actually happen, and you will land one new account from the 8 appointments set. But that can only happen from 500 phone calls or other means of contact.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, they just instructed you to go out and pay for your insurance licence tests, book, and exams and come back for the training when you got licensed.

Glen Burnie, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in December 2009.

Interview Details – First, they call you saying that your resume looks impressive and their superior asked for an interview. Then they set up an "interview" appointment. When you get there you are asked to fill up a form, and then they ask you to sit in a room with people in it. You think that they were also called in for an interview and that one by one will be called. Guess what wrong thinking, the hiring personnel comes in and instead gives you a seminar on their company. After the seminar, he/she asks you to go for training and then the interview. Well, I wasted my time on that day.

Interview Question – Are you looking for a job or a career?   Answer Question

Aurora, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in June 2009.

Interview Details – got email unsolicited from one of the "managers". they found a resume i posted on a job board. they gave no details other than the job title. called and scheduled interview and arrived on time to find 5 other candidates in the conference room with me. manager gave an hour presentation and collected our resumes and said he would call us that afternoon with a time for 1:1 interview if he was interested in us.
he called me and i went back (30 min trip 1 way) the next day. turns out they make you pay for class, test and license for state insurance sales license.

Interview Question – do you think you can come up with the money for the tests and training?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I will not pay to go to work, if they want me bad enough, they will pay for my training..
job is 100% commission, no sell-no pay.

Account Executive

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call about my resume posted online and set up a time for the interview. I found out that it was a presentation of what the company is first and then the next step was a 1:1 interview. When I was told that the job was commission based I was not happy because they did not say this on the phone when I tried to get more information about them, they were very secretive about what to say over the phone.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I declined because of the commission based pay

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees and interview candidates.