Aflac

Updated Oct 22, 2014

1.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Questions
  • I will attend the interview tomorrow. Not sure and looking at all you guys wrote before. Hope it will be fine.It seems that this company is really great. It's far away from my home so I have to take bus to go, which make me not want to go.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2014.

Interview was a group interview due to time constraints. Initial meeting just to talk about company and asked about our interest level. If they were interested would invite us back for a second interview. I did get invited back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can we count on you to be able to put gas in your car?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

First group interview and then 1 to 1 interview. In the first part they expalined the commissions system and the company culture. Then we were supposed to leave the resume if interested in any of the positions.

Didn't meet my expectations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

I was contacted by Aflac by email after I posted my resume on Monster.com. They requested an initial interview and I obliged them. I arrived, checked myself in and recieved some paperwork to fill out. The paperwork was part behavioural questionare which is normal for a financial sales interview. What was unexpected was that the interview wasn't going to be 1 on 1. 3 other candidates and I were corralled into a conference room and made to watch about 10 minutes of Aflac television ads. After the last ad finished, the boss man entered the room and proceeded to eject from his mouth 2 hours of aflac promotional speach in a record time of 1 hour. The candidates for the position were not given a chance to ask questions of their own at the first interview but were instead offered the chance to ask for a second interview which would be 1 on 1. I chose not to proceed in this process so I can't comment on how the rest of it went.

Interview Questions
    • It was very difficult to sit though the hour and a half of promotional material without being given the chance at asking a question of your own.   Answer Question

The position wasn't something I was looking for in the first place, I showed up at the interview to learn more about it.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

This process was pretty simple, you walk in and greet a manager, the manager ask a few questions, once you say your interested, your hired. This process is pretty none stressful, be yourself and your surely to get the job. They just want to get the feel for your personality, you will get the job even if you bomb at the interview. They are trying to build a team that going to go out and increase management revenue as well as your small fee.

Account Representative Interview

They found my name through a list of candidates they received from monster or indeed. Cold caller reached out to me to schedule an interview. Once I went, I was informed it was a 100% commission based job selling insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

They reached out after finding my resume on Monster. It was a group interview with six people and they told us they were only hiring for two positions. It is a commission only position with Aflac selling their insurance, I saw enough reviews here to be wary and they were selling Aflac hard.

Once the presenter/ Interviewer left the room one of the other potential applicants remarked 'Wow this is like a more stable Multi-Level Marketing company.' That sums it up and I do believe you can make money but it looks very unstable. Plus anytime someone does a group interview and starts with they are only hiring two people they are trying way too hard to get the people to compete. Pass for me maybe other people can see the value.

Interview Questions
    • They asked people why you were there and if they were willing to hunt for a living. The presenter was very slick and well rehearsed.   Answer Question

I wasn't ready to work for a multi-level marketing company.

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac.

Interviewing was pretty seamless. I first interviewed with the VP and then with my Coordinator in Training. They walked me throught the process of how they would onboard me to Aflac. I basically had to ask for a "day in the life", since I had never been in an outside sales positon before.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why I should be hired, as I never had any outside sales experience.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in September 2012.

I was contacted by phone shortly after updating my Careerbuilder account. The individual that I spoke to on the phone seemed to know frighteningly little about the position and kept urging me to come in for an interview. "I'm sorry, sir, you'll have to take that up with your interviewer." She was unable to answer any of my questions about the position, so I had no choice but to drive sixty miles round trip for the interview.

At first, everything seemed fairly legitimate, but I was surprised to learn that What I thought was a desk job was, in fact, door to door sales at businesses. When I voiced my concern with my interviewer about how the first thing I saw when entering that very building we were in was a large-as-life sign that said "no soliciting" in the lobby, he insisted that it meant nothing. (I have worked as a front-desk receptionist before, and have had to call security on people who ignore those signs, I knew he was full of it.)

My interviewer went on to explain to me that I would be working as part of a "team" under him, and that as such he would claim a percentage of any sales I made. In turn, I could hire other salespeople under me and claim a percentage of their sales. It was at this point that I had to point out that he had just described a multi-level marketing system and that I wasn't comfortable with that, and he became increasingly defensive and agitated. I walked out of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about previous employment. He also wanted to know about my hobbies for some reason.   Answer Question

Multi-level marketing schemes are for suckers. I am not a sucker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in July 2012.

Wasn't exactly an interview, it was more like a sales pitch to a group for Aflac. Couldn't ask any questions and the speaker was the fastest talker I've ever heard! Annoying.