Aflac

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – They found my name through a list of candidates they received from monster or indeed. Cold caller reached out to me to schedule an interview. Once I went, I was informed it was a 100% commission based job selling insurance.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Interview Details – They reached out after finding my resume on Monster. It was a group interview with six people and they told us they were only hiring for two positions. It is a commission only position with Aflac selling their insurance, I saw enough reviews here to be wary and they were selling Aflac hard.

Once the presenter/ Interviewer left the room one of the other potential applicants remarked 'Wow this is like a more stable Multi-Level Marketing company.' That sums it up and I do believe you can make money but it looks very unstable. Plus anytime someone does a group interview and starts with they are only hiring two people they are trying way too hard to get the people to compete. Pass for me maybe other people can see the value.

Interview Question – They asked people why you were there and if they were willing to hunt for a living. The presenter was very slick and well rehearsed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't ready to work for a multi-level marketing company.

Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aflac in April 2009.

Interview Details – There will be a skilled test, two interviews, background check, and medical exam

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you did not make the right decision?   Answer Question

Salem, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone shortly after updating my Careerbuilder account. The individual that I spoke to on the phone seemed to know frighteningly little about the position and kept urging me to come in for an interview. "I'm sorry, sir, you'll have to take that up with your interviewer." She was unable to answer any of my questions about the position, so I had no choice but to drive sixty miles round trip for the interview.

At first, everything seemed fairly legitimate, but I was surprised to learn that What I thought was a desk job was, in fact, door to door sales at businesses. When I voiced my concern with my interviewer about how the first thing I saw when entering that very building we were in was a large-as-life sign that said "no soliciting" in the lobby, he insisted that it meant nothing. (I have worked as a front-desk receptionist before, and have had to call security on people who ignore those signs, I knew he was full of it.)

My interviewer went on to explain to me that I would be working as part of a "team" under him, and that as such he would claim a percentage of any sales I made. In turn, I could hire other salespeople under me and claim a percentage of their sales. It was at this point that I had to point out that he had just described a multi-level marketing system and that I wasn't comfortable with that, and he became increasingly defensive and agitated. I walked out of the interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions about previous employment. He also wanted to know about my hobbies for some reason.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Multi-level marketing schemes are for suckers. I am not a sucker.

Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Interviewing was pretty seamless. I first interviewed with the VP and then with my Coordinator in Training. They walked me throught the process of how they would onboard me to Aflac. I basically had to ask for a "day in the life", since I had never been in an outside sales positon before.

Interview Question – They asked why I should be hired, as I never had any outside sales experience.   View Answer

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in July 2012.

Interview Details – Wasn't exactly an interview, it was more like a sales pitch to a group for Aflac. Couldn't ask any questions and the speaker was the fastest talker I've ever heard! Annoying.

Interview Question – That's the weird part, I wasn't asked a thing!   View Answers (3)

Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, very informative interview. Everything was explained perfectly- from pay structure to products offered. Interviewer briefly looked over my resume and qualifications, asked me what my long-term goals were. Gave a strong sense of support and leadership. It was actually quite a long interview, about an hour and a half, but very positive.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Aflac's products.   Answer Question

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!