Aflac Aflac Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Malvern, AR) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is 3 interviews. The first interview they get to know about your job history and experience. The second interview you watch a video about the company history and afterwards ask why you are interested in the company and why you think you would be a good agent. The third interview they ask your expectations and goals. If they like your response, they offer you the job and schedule insurance classes. They also get all of your paperwork taken care of.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good insurance agent?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Little Rock, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Several Interviews to go through. Video led presentation one on one is very persuasive. If you make it through the first on you will be asked back to ask them questions. They laid out some of the costs YOU will have to cover upfront and did not cover your costs in the future. I was blown away from the interview process and presentation but not by the way sales techniques. From the time you sign your contract to the time you pass your licensing exam and the state inputs your license online you are in limbo and you learn nothing about the company or the way things work until after you get company appointment which is about 7-10 after the state inputs your license on the state website.

Company is great, policies are great.

Ask about TURNOVER directly and get a real answer. Ask about how many agents in your local area. Ask what your area will cover. How many people they recruit in your area weekly?

Aflac Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I have yet to attend but they have been consistently contacting me for a while. I have decided to schedule an interview with the company and see what it is all about. I will update after.

Interview Questions

• Why dod you take so long to reply   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

They often do a Group presentation for the opportunity. Occasionally you will get a one on one interview but typically its a cattle call. They try to have as many people come in as possible.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Expectations is to get insurance licenses within 8 - 10 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Simple, straightforward. Basic questions. They just want to know if you'd be willing to do the work and if you're self-motivated. Don't bother if you think this is a salary job or if you are not a hard worker.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Interview went well. Quick fast and everyone was nice. Then you get a log on to practice for the the stat test. You will get reimbursed for the cost of the test once you pass. It is best to test for area at a time.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me by phone and email after finding my resume on a job board. She invited me to an "orientation" that next Saturday morning. It was basically a 45 minutes talk about why we (a group of about 8 of us) should work for Aflac and how we could get started and set up the interview process. Aflac seems like a very good company to work for, if you are able to take on a straight commission job to start out. The person presenting the orientation was very professional and I didn't feel pressured or like I was getting sold. I stayed after to ask questions and I will be going back on Monday for a follow-up interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I have ever experienced. You meet as an entire group for an "informative" session, which is a great idea in theory. Only they don't mention the upfront costs of becoming an agent that Aflac does not cover (Insurance license, monthly rent of your office space, business cards...$600+). Everyone is invited to a one on one interview after the group meeting, but here is whenever the unprofessional occurred. I arrived 30 minutes early to my interview and I ended up waiting 35 minutes past my scheduled interview time. The tone of the conversation was very one sided and she wasn't able to answer a few of my questions (other than "you'll know what I mean if you work I here, etc). Aside from swearing 5/6/7 times during an interview she was down right rude when I stated that I did not think the position was right me. The overall nature of the interview made me seriously consider reporting it to corporate because of a few other "choice words" she used at the end of the interview. I expected more from a very respectable company like Aflac.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Very few questions actually regarding yourself and it was a lot of explaining the position. They seemed like they wanted to hire almost anyone who gave it a chance.   Answer Question

Aflac Agent Interview

Interview

Extremely simple two part interview process. They will hire anyone, no LITERALLY ANYONE. If you wee not recruited by a specific manager then the individual meeting is important to decide what sort of team you will be placed on

Aflac Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

They hire anyone who claims that they enjoy sales or have the desire to be in sales. You just sit and talk to them, they tell you when training is and they will act very enthusiastic about you working there. You are hired on with the understanding that you will not be paid for training and you are only paid commission.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really because you are only paid on commission