Aflac Aflac Field Sales Interview Questions

2.0

Aflac Field Sales Interview

Interview

They called me for an interview based upon me posting my resume somewhere, I'm pretty sure I didn't send it to them. The interviewer did most of the talking, spoke a lot about how much flexibility the position has and how it has unlimited money making potential.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to tough, it was sort of like, if you want the job you can have it, but its a big risk because its all commission based.   Answer Question

I already have a good job thats not commission based.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Aflac Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

First interview is done in a group setting, the more you participate, the more likely you are to be called for a second interview. If you already have your insurance license, you'll get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on your terminology. you will be asked about residuals, and cost of insurance to employers   Answer Question

Aflac Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

The first-time interview was basically a info session and lasted for an hour. We were told at the end that if we are interested, we can attend a free training next week, and then the assistant will contact us for a 2nd interview, which is supposedly one-on-one.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac (Rochester, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

It was ok. Would be better to know that they covered the cost of the licensing. Because most people dont have 400 dollars to spend to get a job, it makes it difficult to take the position. Invest in your people and they will invest in you.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hazlet, NJ

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Hazlet, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Aflac contacted me by phone twice and email once so I finally decided to attend their "informational" meeting. The Regional manager was very convincing, which is probably why he's in his position. I like the idea of residual income and being able to make your own schedule. But, what they do not tell you is the out of pocket expense. The manager explained the average of what a representative can earn and I was a bit skeptical. I decided to go on my 2nd interview to ask questions about how much the investment actually is other than my license. There has to be some type of fee for your business cards, marketing materials, there's no benefits, no expense report.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Waltham, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Aflac found my resume on Monster and contacted me by e-mail three times over a period of months. I resisted their blandishments the first two times. The third time I accepted an invitation to attend what turned out to be a group interview. The room was packed. The sales coordinator's presentation lasted about 35 or 40 minutes. He put Aflac in the best light possible without sugar-coating things, I thought. The job is with the field sales force and requires lots of cold-calling. Those comfortable with that and who wanted to continue the process were invited to make individual appointments. I did. Two days later I spent about 50 minutes with the same coordinator. He attempted to assess my suitability as a "1099" field force agent. Like a good salesman, when I raised questions (objections) he did his level best to overcome them. I thought he listened well. He was looking for evidence that I could sell. I have some experience in sales but none on straight commission. He said the benchmark for a good first year as an agent was $80,000. He said the sales materials were free and that business cards were $20 for 1,000. Gasoline would be my only major expense, he said. No mention was made about a laptop/notebook to me. Tomorrow I meet with another senior sales coordinator. I think Aflac will make me an offer if that goes reasonably well. I am both excited and terrified at the prospect.

Interview Questions

• What's your level of interest in the Aflac agent job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac (Bronx, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

received call, went to an interview with 5 other people of varying backgrounds. one guy didnt even know why he was there, very sketchy. basically you can have the job if you pass the health insurance licensing tests. no salary just commission

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac (Elmsford, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

A presentation was given to those of us in attendance. The main part of the presentation was the Aflac representative giving his story on how he came to Aflac. I did not pursue the opportunity further. You are an independent contractor and this may be a great opportunity for someone who can go without earning much money over a few years, but I have a family to raise and expenses that do not allow me to take this risk.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

The recruiter reminded me of Ben Affleck's character in Boiler Room. He was slick to the point where I felt like I was being hustled. That was enough for me.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. It was just a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Aflac Field Sales Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in September 2011.

Interview

Met regional manager in breakfast shop for a one on one interview. It was explained to me what and how Aflac sells supplemental insurance and the income potential. The regional mgr who had been in his position for 13 years had 12 on his team and only 5 agents making any money. The suggested approach to selling was to seek small business with less than 6 -8 emp. or to sell to HR dept. for group sales.

No benefits or base salary or expenses or license sponsorship / reimbursement or not even business cards.