Aflac Aflac Field Sales Interview Questions

2.0

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

The recruiter reminded me of Ben Affleck's character in Boiler Room. He was slick to the point where I felt like I was being hustled. That was enough for me.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions. It was just a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Aflac Field Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Phone interview consisted of background information with past experience type of questions. interviewer was very polite and made me feel comfortable. Told me all i wanted to know about the company so i knew what iw as getting into. After, i was set up for a deeper informational interview the next week to actually discuss my job and continue the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in August 2011.

Aflac found my resume on Monster and contacted me by e-mail three times over a period of months. I resisted their blandishments the first two times. The third time I accepted an invitation to attend what turned out to be a group interview. The room was packed. The sales coordinator's presentation lasted about 35 or 40 minutes. He put Aflac in the best light possible without sugar-coating things, I thought. The job is with the field sales force and requires lots of cold-calling. Those comfortable with that and who wanted to continue the process were invited to make individual appointments. I did. Two days later I spent about 50 minutes with the same coordinator. He attempted to assess my suitability as a "1099" field force agent. Like a good salesman, when I raised questions (objections) he did his level best to overcome them. I thought he listened well. He was looking for evidence that I could sell. I have some experience in sales but none on straight commission. He said the benchmark for a good first year as an agent was $80,000. He said the sales materials were free and that business cards were $20 for 1,000. Gasoline would be my only major expense, he said. No mention was made about a laptop/notebook to me. Tomorrow I meet with another senior sales coordinator. I think Aflac will make me an offer if that goes reasonably well. I am both excited and terrified at the prospect.

Interview Questions
    • What's your level of interest in the Aflac agent job?   View Answer

Aflac Field Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac.

First interview is done in a group setting, the more you participate, the more likely you are to be called for a second interview. If you already have your insurance license, you'll get a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Brush up on your terminology. you will be asked about residuals, and cost of insurance to employers   Answer Question

Aflac Field Sales Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in September 2011.

Met regional manager in breakfast shop for a one on one interview. It was explained to me what and how Aflac sells supplemental insurance and the income potential. The regional mgr who had been in his position for 13 years had 12 on his team and only 5 agents making any money. The suggested approach to selling was to seek small business with less than 6 -8 emp. or to sell to HR dept. for group sales.

No benefits or base salary or expenses or license sponsorship / reimbursement or not even business cards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in July 2012.

It was ok. Would be better to know that they covered the cost of the licensing. Because most people dont have 400 dollars to spend to get a job, it makes it difficult to take the position. Invest in your people and they will invest in you.

Aflac Field Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

The first-time interview was basically a info session and lasted for an hour. We were told at the end that if we are interested, we can attend a free training next week, and then the assistant will contact us for a 2nd interview, which is supposedly one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlet, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlet, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in October 2011.

Aflac contacted me by phone twice and email once so I finally decided to attend their "informational" meeting. The Regional manager was very convincing, which is probably why he's in his position. I like the idea of residual income and being able to make your own schedule. But, what they do not tell you is the out of pocket expense. The manager explained the average of what a representative can earn and I was a bit skeptical. I decided to go on my 2nd interview to ask questions about how much the investment actually is other than my license. There has to be some type of fee for your business cards, marketing materials, there's no benefits, no expense report.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in June 2011.

received call, went to an interview with 5 other people of varying backgrounds. one guy didnt even know why he was there, very sketchy. basically you can have the job if you pass the health insurance licensing tests. no salary just commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in June 2011.

A presentation was given to those of us in attendance. The main part of the presentation was the Aflac representative giving his story on how he came to Aflac. I did not pursue the opportunity further. You are an independent contractor and this may be a great opportunity for someone who can go without earning much money over a few years, but I have a family to raise and expenses that do not allow me to take this risk.