Aflac

1.9

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac.

Aflac is constantly recruiting due to huge turnover. They will reach out to you, but love if you come knocking on their door. Typically a group then a 1-1 interview. You have a pulse, clean cut, and money for school and license then you are hired.

Interview Questions
  • N/A..very typical interview with strengths, weaknesses, and why you should be hired   View Answer
Pay for school, get your license, show up ASAP and we will start training on the phones

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I felt I was being sold the job rather than being interviewed. The process was rather strange. I was given a sort of presentation then asked if I felt I could sell the product. I was never asked for references or anything. The whole thing was a red flag for me.

Interview Questions

100% commission based work and you have to pay initial expenses! This is not really a job offer in my book.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

The hiring and interview process is the easiest I've ever been through. You are contacted within a few days of applying by either a CIT or a DSC and they sit you down for a 30-45 minute interview. The interview is about 10 minutes of them asking you questions about yourself and getting to know your personality better. The rest of the interview is the interviewer explaining the job details.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as the interview is very straight forward   Answer Question

Agent Interview

they asked me if i have a car and i said no and that's it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Respond to an ad or through word of mouth you can meet any Aflac agent an request an interview. Recruiting and hireing is a goal of the company. First interview and second is about getting company info after that your told how to get the state license for health and life in new York state. If you worked for any Medicaid or Medicare plan in new York this should be easy. The process is the same.

Interview Questions
    • Can you see yourself working for yourself not by yourself.   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

First interview is a group interview. Very little time talking about yourself. The manager will talk about the company for about 20 minutes. Explains how commission works and what not.

Interview Questions
    • None. Just asked a little about yourself such as why you are there.   Answer Question

All commission based job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Had an initial group interview that was more like an information session for potential candidates. Filled out a quick questionaire with basic information about why you were suited for the job. Called back for second interview 1-1 with similar basic questions about motivation.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what motivated me in about ten different wordings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in June 2012.

Being an intern with AFLAC, I knew the opportunities were something of personal interest. I had networked very well during my internship and became professionally connected with established managers and agents. Although my personality was well understood by the time of interview, the professional and understanding management body took the time to further understand my goals and how I would fit into a team setting.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were very minimal due to the fact that each agent is essentially creating their own portfolio of business from the ground up. What you put in is what you get out. Although it may deter many individuals, it enticed my personal endeavors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

They will speak to anyone that shows up. They promise a model that was in the "good old days", and that is only relevant if you are welcomed into the inner circle. The market is saturated. You are reimbursed for nothing, and by the time you realize you will lose money year 1 you are 500-1000 in the hole. Can you make money here? Yes, IF-- you are given a piece of the book of dead business; you have a vast circle of influence; and if you can survive on little or nothing for 3-5 years.

Interview Questions
    None. Black and white as a 100% commissioned 1099 contracted individual (who they attempt to treat like a paid employee.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in July 2011.

Initial Interview consisted of a group interview with approximately 20 other candidates. Second interview was a one on one interview. I had to wait to be phoned back to know if I would be offered a job. My overall experience was very positive. The management was very professional and seemed willing to help new hires be successful. It appeared that the company was being very selective in who they hired looking for quality in the person they hired.

Interview Questions
    • What are any apprehensions that I might in doing this job?   Answer Question