Aflac

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Benefits Consultant

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of the interview process. The first round is basically a presentation of their company. It's conducted in a group setting. The only thing that they asked us to do was to answer a few questions on paper. And then they will see if you are going to called in for a second interview. I did, and the interview was really easy. They were really just trying to persuade you to take the internship.

Interview Question – How much do you want to make   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seems like everyone got an offer

New York, NY

I interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Interview Details – Basically, the guy just tried to pressure me to come in for an interview where "he would explain more." However, after reading reviews on here I wanted to make sure it wasn't PURELY COMMISSIONED BASED. I had to ask this guy several times via email if it was purely commissioned based, and it is. The guy then told me I could make a 6 digit salary "easily." The guy was very sleazy.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Aflac seems like a horrible place to work. Also, my girlfriend's friend was forced into trying to sell Aflac to all her friends and family.

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly straightforward. I was contacted by Aflac online via Monster and asked for an interview, the office seemed friendly and welcoming enough and the manager with whom I interviewed with was also quite friendly. Questions were fairly basic, they asked about where I was hoping to go in life and whether I was comfortable with the kind of work they wanted me to do (insurance sales, essentially). I have been invited back for a second interview but have yet to be given an offer.

Interview Question – None of the questions were exceptionally difficult, just be prepared to tell them your "5 year plan".   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – Introductory interview was in a group setting. Regional Manager was very professional and sold me on the opportunity.

Interview Question – Can you work on commission only?   View Answer

Findlay, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Interview Details – I met the district manager at a job recruitment fair and was called the next day to schedule an interview. The initial interview was more of them telling what the job was about in a group. A few days later I got a call for a one on one interview.

Interview Question – They didn't ask many questions. It was more of a laid back discussion.   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – It seemed more like the job was being sold to me, rather than me trying to sell my self. Later on in the interview I learned why. Compensation is 100% sales commission and they don't have any sort of compensation for expenses.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was interested in a second interview. I think that was the only question I received.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After discussing the situation with family and friends, I decided I would be happier in a different field of work.

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – Someone emailed me based on my resume from careerbuilder or monster and said they were very interested in me based on my 'qualifications'. They asked me to wear a suit and made it sound like an important interview. When I got there I found out it was just a presentation of their company and the position just had a fancy name for sales rep.
I declined request for a 1-1 interview

Interview Question – There were no questions to me   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter emailed and then called to set up the interview. She was pleasant and sent an email with detailed directions, etc. I arrived 15 mins early and discovered it was actually a group session. There were 5-7 other candidates there and the manager who spoke for about 1 hour 15 minutes was actually very nice and he did not seem pushy. It does sound like a great company, but I am not sure if it is for me as it is a commission based job with no base salary from my understanding. However, I could see someone who is very good in sales doing very well for themselves at a place like AFLAC. The manager said he will be in touch with all of us next week and took printed copies of everyone's resume. We had to fill out a 1-page demographic form and turn it in as well. Overall nice experience and more of a chance for candidates to interview the company instead of vice versa.

Interview Question – Have you ever seen yourself in sales?   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Selling point is the market penetration - room to grow

Interview Question – lack of contacts   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – There's really not much to say. The interview was much more like a sales pitch. There is no salary, but 100% commission instead. I felt like the interview would take anyone, just so that he could get a bonus. I had put my resume on Monster.com, and was contacted by email, so they're clearly actively recruiting.

Interview Question – No real curve balls, it was more of a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not interested

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!