Aflac

Updated Dec 14, 2014

1.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Benefits Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

The first interview wasn't really an interview - there were 10 of us prospective agents in a conference room listening to a presentation by a manager. And there had been a similar group before us. We got to ask questions at the end, and I think everybody had the option to go in for a second, real one-on-one interview. It was a pleasant interview, but the lack of challenging questions and being accepted right then and there makes me think everyone who wanted to come on board probably could. Nothing wrong with that, except it makes me concerned about saturation. It takes a little over $200 to pay for the pre-licensing course, the background check and the exam. It may be a great opportunity for somebody with great sales skills, but it's 100% comission-based.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was really challenging. Perhaps the question about how my previous non-sales background prepared me for this type of job.   Answer Question
Agents are not employees of the company, they are independent agents. It's 100% commission. There really isn't any room for negotiation. You do get some bonuses if you hit certain performance targets.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Benefit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac in November 2014.

I applied for a benefit coordinator that was not clearly a sales position ( I have 20 years of analyst background, a security clearance and speak three languages fluently). I was very excited when I was contacted by a recruiter and an interview was set. One day before the interview, I did some checking on line for the position and I saw that so many people complained about being mislead into going to the interview just to find out that they are interviewing for a sales position, so I called the recruiter to make sure that this was not a sales position as I have been getting calls and emails from a list of insurance companies to sell. She was hesitant first, she asked me " well, what position did you applied for?"
    I answered "Benefit Coordinator" she said " yes that's a sales position", I said "no the job duties clearly indicated that this is not a sales position". she said" well, that job has been filled already". I couldn't believe it. Then she said, "well we like people with no sales experience so we can train them our way".
    Well, that may be OK, but misleading desperate applicant's its NOT. I believe the position I applied for never even existed, its just a way of luring applicant's in. All they had to do was be honest. I'm very disappointed in AFLAC.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

The posted job was benefits coordinator. After reading reviews here I asked if it was a purely commission based sales job. Yep. When I told them I was not interested because it's 100% commission I got a response like "I'm shocked with your background that you'd pass up something like this". Like their job is so great. That reaction alone made me glad I didn't meet with them. Also the email interview confirmation said that they appreciate promptness please don't arrive any earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start time. Implies that they're shuffling a lot of people in and out. Shady.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rowlett, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rowlett, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Was contacted via recruiter. Interview conducted with 2 other candidates. Must like cold calling or "prospecting," a lot of social networking. Mostly a lot off off site footwork. Franchise setup. You pay for your own license to sell insurance (TX-just under $300 total.) No territories so there would probably be a good deal of competition. Could be workable if one is a natural at sales and lands in just the right market. Was told that after a year or two that cold calls would be less and could benefit from accruing percentage of previous policies upon renewal plus over time having training your own prospectors to continue forward. 1099.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions.   View Answer

I don't like sales.

Benefit Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in June 2011.

Recieved an email by the recruiter stating that my resume was found online and was interested in setting up an interview to further get to know me and my skills. Went in for the interview and there was 10 other candidates waiting with me. The lady called all of us into a conference room and started talking about Aflac and how it a a great opportunity to work with them. At the end of the discussion resumes were collected. I was contacted to come in for an interview but declined