Aflac Benefits Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aflac in March 2015.

You to a conference room to watch a 5 minute video on the company and then begin a group interview with about seven other candidates. And that lasts about an hour. After this is done, they ask you to go to the front desk and schedule a one on one interview for as soon as the next day

Interview Questions

I am not passionate about selling insurance and I realized that. It is strictly commission based and requires alot of driving

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac in February 2015.

I got an e-mail requesting for a job interview after I had posted my resume on Monster. At the interview, I was asked to fill out a personality questionnaire. Then went into a room to watch a video talking about the company. The video was pretty much a collection of people saying how much money they've earned with the company. Because there was no other job candidates there (was supposed to be a group interview), the coordinator decided to interview me on the spot. The questions were very basic and easy. They said that the position was commission based and that the position I was interviewing for was pretty much a sales representative.

What I figured out while watching the short video was that I would not technically be an AFLAC employee because I would be working under an independent agent, therefore, I would not be getting any benefits (There was a tiny disclaimer in the video). It seemed like they would hire anyone who wants a job.

I got a call back for a second interview but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for AFLAC? What is your greatest weakness? Why did/are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac in January 2015.

In the first meeting, the Manager and Regional Manager give a presentation about the position, which is strictly commission. If candidate is interested and qualifies, a follow up one-on-one interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • I do not know because I did to attend a follow up one-on--one interview   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Benefit consultant is just another form of "sales associate". The 1st interview was a group interview. No personal questions. The guy just explains the success stories of those who took up this 100% commission sales job and supposedly were making six figures. Second interview depends on your choice. I refused it since i wasnt interested in this position

Interview Questions
    • No specific personal question - a group interview. Most questions were rhetorical "do you want to make 6 figures?" "do you want to succeed in life"   Answer Question

I'm not interested in 100% commission sales job

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. The first part of the interview was a group informational session where you learn about the company and find out more information about the position. The 2nd part of the interview is for those who want to learn more information and have any questions answered. After you accept the offer, you have to take and pass the state exams to get your license, at which point you have the 3rd interview/contract signing.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work on 100% Commission?   View Answer

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac in October 2014.

Interview #1: group interview, pretty easy. Very enthusiastic and a great pitch. The main flaw you find out about is the commission based salary. They do a great job of selling the company and I am/was very tempted to do the second interview (that is the option to take and look more into the company, where more about you rather than the company is discovered).

Benefit Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

self introduction on what I look forward to as an employee
    pretty simple interview where in the stayed in touch with you and promptly let me know what exactly they want

none

Benefits Consultant Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

There were two rounds of the interview process. The first round is basically a presentation of their company. It's conducted in a group setting. The only thing that they asked us to do was to answer a few questions on paper. And then they will see if you are going to called in for a second interview. I did, and the interview was really easy. They were really just trying to persuade you to take the internship.

Interview Questions

Seems like everyone got an offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Basically, the guy just tried to pressure me to come in for an interview where "he would explain more." However, after reading reviews on here I wanted to make sure it wasn't PURELY COMMISSIONED BASED. I had to ask this guy several times via email if it was purely commissioned based, and it is. The guy then told me I could make a 6 digit salary "easily." The guy was very sleazy.

Interview Questions

Aflac seems like a horrible place to work. Also, my girlfriend's friend was forced into trying to sell Aflac to all her friends and family.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Introductory interview was in a group setting. Regional Manager was very professional and sold me on the opportunity.