Aflac Benefits Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

1.4

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Benefit Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

self introduction on what I look forward to as an employee
pretty simple interview where in the stayed in touch with you and promptly let me know what exactly they want

none

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Benefits Consultant Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

There were two rounds of the interview process. The first round is basically a presentation of their company. It's conducted in a group setting. The only thing that they asked us to do was to answer a few questions on paper. And then they will see if you are going to called in for a second interview. I did, and the interview was really easy. They were really just trying to persuade you to take the internship.

Interview Questions

Seems like everyone got an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Basically, the guy just tried to pressure me to come in for an interview where "he would explain more." However, after reading reviews on here I wanted to make sure it wasn't PURELY COMMISSIONED BASED. I had to ask this guy several times via email if it was purely commissioned based, and it is. The guy then told me I could make a 6 digit salary "easily." The guy was very sleazy.

Interview Questions

Aflac seems like a horrible place to work. Also, my girlfriend's friend was forced into trying to sell Aflac to all her friends and family.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Introductory interview was in a group setting. Regional Manager was very professional and sold me on the opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

I met the district manager at a job recruitment fair and was called the next day to schedule an interview. The initial interview was more of them telling what the job was about in a group. A few days later I got a call for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask many questions. It was more of a laid back discussion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

The interview was fairly straightforward. I was contacted by Aflac online via Monster and asked for an interview, the office seemed friendly and welcoming enough and the manager with whom I interviewed with was also quite friendly. Questions were fairly basic, they asked about where I was hoping to go in life and whether I was comfortable with the kind of work they wanted me to do (insurance sales, essentially). I have been invited back for a second interview but have yet to be given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were exceptionally difficult, just be prepared to tell them your "5 year plan".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

interviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

The interview process was hardly what you consider an interview. There was no one on one interaction and it was in a group setting. In fact, one of the few people that were waiting to be "interviewed" left and decided from the start that this was not what he wanted. The interview was more of an informational meeting where one of the workers discussed what the company does and what we would potentially do.

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac.

It seemed more like the job was being sold to me, rather than me trying to sell my self. Later on in the interview I learned why. Compensation is 100% sales commission and they don't have any sort of compensation for expenses.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in a second interview. I think that was the only question I received.   View Answer

After discussing the situation with family and friends, I decided I would be happier in a different field of work.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Someone emailed me based on my resume from careerbuilder or monster and said they were very interested in me based on my 'qualifications'. They asked me to wear a suit and made it sound like an important interview. When I got there I found out it was just a presentation of their company and the position just had a fancy name for sales rep.
    I declined request for a 1-1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

A recruiter emailed and then called to set up the interview. She was pleasant and sent an email with detailed directions, etc. I arrived 15 mins early and discovered it was actually a group session. There were 5-7 other candidates there and the manager who spoke for about 1 hour 15 minutes was actually very nice and he did not seem pushy. It does sound like a great company, but I am not sure if it is for me as it is a commission based job with no base salary from my understanding. However, I could see someone who is very good in sales doing very well for themselves at a place like AFLAC. The manager said he will be in touch with all of us next week and took printed copies of everyone's resume. We had to fill out a 1-page demographic form and turn it in as well. Overall nice experience and more of a chance for candidates to interview the company instead of vice versa.