Aflac

Updated Oct 30, 2014

1.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Benefit Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

self introduction on what I look forward to as an employee
pretty simple interview where in the stayed in touch with you and promptly let me know what exactly they want

none

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in September 2008.

It was a joke. If you can breathe you can get this job. All they required was sales experience, any sales experience (fast food counts). They describe the company as one that allows you to easily make 6 figures a year. In reality, it is next to impossible as the market I interviewed in has already flooded the market. First day on the job I was handed a list of 500 business names and numbers and told to just try and get an appointment. 85% of the people I called had already been contacted.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating. It is a fixed, commission only position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

A recruiter emailed and then called to set up the interview. She was pleasant and sent an email with detailed directions, etc. I arrived 15 mins early and discovered it was actually a group session. There were 5-7 other candidates there and the manager who spoke for about 1 hour 15 minutes was actually very nice and he did not seem pushy. It does sound like a great company, but I am not sure if it is for me as it is a commission based job with no base salary from my understanding. However, I could see someone who is very good in sales doing very well for themselves at a place like AFLAC. The manager said he will be in touch with all of us next week and took printed copies of everyone's resume. We had to fill out a 1-page demographic form and turn it in as well. Overall nice experience and more of a chance for candidates to interview the company instead of vice versa.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

The interview was fairly straightforward. I was contacted by Aflac online via Monster and asked for an interview, the office seemed friendly and welcoming enough and the manager with whom I interviewed with was also quite friendly. Questions were fairly basic, they asked about where I was hoping to go in life and whether I was comfortable with the kind of work they wanted me to do (insurance sales, essentially). I have been invited back for a second interview but have yet to be given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were exceptionally difficult, just be prepared to tell them your "5 year plan".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

I met the district manager at a job recruitment fair and was called the next day to schedule an interview. The initial interview was more of them telling what the job was about in a group. A few days later I got a call for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask many questions. It was more of a laid back discussion.   Answer Question

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for a interview for the benefit consulting position. The group interview was mainly a pitch for the job enticing people with average starting commission of $75,000 a year with a 6 figure salary in stones throw reach. The next day i was e-mailed with an offer the position. There was no real interview. They really do not know much about me, and the too good to be true factor was definitely ringing in my head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in July 2013.

Applied online, group interview with one other person basically giving us an overview of the company and a little bit about the position. If interested, had to schedule one on one interview. Went to one on one, basically talking about the position and a little bit about the training schedule.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no interview process. Simple introductory questions like "why are you leaving your current job?"   Answer Question

Looking for something better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in July 2013.

They first bring you in for your interview (even contact you and pretend like they are a recruiter when really it's a random person looking on Monster.com for resumes). It's a typical interview , normal questions. The job you are actually applying for doesn't pay you (which they fail to mention).

They have you back a 2nd or 3rd time for more "interviews" when realistically they hire ANYONE who is willing to pay the upfront cost to get licensed ($400). They basically make you feel like you are special that they are hiring you, but then you show up to work on your first day and look around and realize you're not special. You're stupid for saying yes.

The "interview" process is BS and a waste of time. RUN FAST AND FAR FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Interview Questions
    • They really don't ask anything difficult. Ask them about their pay structure and they will give you some BS about how it's great to work on a pay-for-performance model. i.e THEY DONT WANT TO PAY YOU FOR YOUR WORK!!!   View Answer
    I wish I had ran away instead of wasting 2 years here and being brain washed into working for basically free.

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac in October 2014.

Interview #1: group interview, pretty easy. Very enthusiastic and a great pitch. The main flaw you find out about is the commission based salary. They do a great job of selling the company and I am/was very tempted to do the second interview (that is the option to take and look more into the company, where more about you rather than the company is discovered).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Basically, the guy just tried to pressure me to come in for an interview where "he would explain more." However, after reading reviews on here I wanted to make sure it wasn't PURELY COMMISSIONED BASED. I had to ask this guy several times via email if it was purely commissioned based, and it is. The guy then told me I could make a 6 digit salary "easily." The guy was very sleazy.

Interview Questions

Aflac seems like a horrible place to work. Also, my girlfriend's friend was forced into trying to sell Aflac to all her friends and family.