Aflac

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Toms River, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in September 2008.

Interview Details – It was a joke. If you can breathe you can get this job. All they required was sales experience, any sales experience (fast food counts). They describe the company as one that allows you to easily make 6 figures a year. In reality, it is next to impossible as the market I interviewed in has already flooded the market. First day on the job I was handed a list of 500 business names and numbers and told to just try and get an appointment. 85% of the people I called had already been contacted.

Interview Question – Do you have any sales experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. It is a fixed, commission only position.

Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter emailed and then called to set up the interview. She was pleasant and sent an email with detailed directions, etc. I arrived 15 mins early and discovered it was actually a group session. There were 5-7 other candidates there and the manager who spoke for about 1 hour 15 minutes was actually very nice and he did not seem pushy. It does sound like a great company, but I am not sure if it is for me as it is a commission based job with no base salary from my understanding. However, I could see someone who is very good in sales doing very well for themselves at a place like AFLAC. The manager said he will be in touch with all of us next week and took printed copies of everyone's resume. We had to fill out a 1-page demographic form and turn it in as well. Overall nice experience and more of a chance for candidates to interview the company instead of vice versa.

Interview Question – Have you ever seen yourself in sales?   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly straightforward. I was contacted by Aflac online via Monster and asked for an interview, the office seemed friendly and welcoming enough and the manager with whom I interviewed with was also quite friendly. Questions were fairly basic, they asked about where I was hoping to go in life and whether I was comfortable with the kind of work they wanted me to do (insurance sales, essentially). I have been invited back for a second interview but have yet to be given an offer.

Interview Question – None of the questions were exceptionally difficult, just be prepared to tell them your "5 year plan".   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Findlay, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Interview Details – I met the district manager at a job recruitment fair and was called the next day to schedule an interview. The initial interview was more of them telling what the job was about in a group. A few days later I got a call for a one on one interview.

Interview Question – They didn't ask many questions. It was more of a laid back discussion.   Answer Question

Benefit Consultant Interview

Benefit Consultant
Elmwood Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for a interview for the benefit consulting position. The group interview was mainly a pitch for the job enticing people with average starting commission of $75,000 a year with a 6 figure salary in stones throw reach. The next day i was e-mailed with an offer the position. There was no real interview. They really do not know much about me, and the too good to be true factor was definitely ringing in my head.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? (The only question asked)   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, group interview with one other person basically giving us an overview of the company and a little bit about the position. If interested, had to schedule one on one interview. Went to one on one, basically talking about the position and a little bit about the training schedule.

Interview Question – There really was no interview process. Simple introductory questions like "why are you leaving your current job?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Looking for something better

New York, NY

I interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Interview Details – Basically, the guy just tried to pressure me to come in for an interview where "he would explain more." However, after reading reviews on here I wanted to make sure it wasn't PURELY COMMISSIONED BASED. I had to ask this guy several times via email if it was purely commissioned based, and it is. The guy then told me I could make a 6 digit salary "easily." The guy was very sleazy.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Aflac seems like a horrible place to work. Also, my girlfriend's friend was forced into trying to sell Aflac to all her friends and family.

Benefits Consultant

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of the interview process. The first round is basically a presentation of their company. It's conducted in a group setting. The only thing that they asked us to do was to answer a few questions on paper. And then they will see if you are going to called in for a second interview. I did, and the interview was really easy. They were really just trying to persuade you to take the internship.

Interview Question – How much do you want to make   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seems like everyone got an offer

Benefits Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – It seemed more like the job was being sold to me, rather than me trying to sell my self. Later on in the interview I learned why. Compensation is 100% sales commission and they don't have any sort of compensation for expenses.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was interested in a second interview. I think that was the only question I received.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After discussing the situation with family and friends, I decided I would be happier in a different field of work.

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – There's really not much to say. The interview was much more like a sales pitch. There is no salary, but 100% commission instead. I felt like the interview would take anyone, just so that he could get a bonus. I had put my resume on Monster.com, and was contacted by email, so they're clearly actively recruiting.

Interview Question – No real curve balls, it was more of a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not interested

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!