Aflac Benefits Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

1.5

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I got an e-mail from Aflac District Recruiter claiming they found my resume online and would like to schedule a meeting to learn more about the position.
The sales manager kept me waiting for more than 20 mins. During the conversation, he gave a overview of the company and the position. Since the position is commission based, I said this does not quite fit my expectation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly. Interviewer was very honest and open. The style of interview was very conversational. He explained he learned more just simply by observing the questions I asked.Interview lasted approximately one hour. He was very thorough in explaining their mentorship program and training. He made it seem like it is not only a profitable opportunity but a job you can be proud of. Straight commission.

Interview Questions

• How my work history benefited them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Red Bank, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac (Red Bank, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Not really a process. Somehow, I get an e-mail from a so called "District Recruiter" claiming they saw my resume and would like to schedule a meeting to learn more about the benefits consultant position.

To my surprise, it was a panel/group interview and we met in a tiny room with sales manager. First we watched a short film about testimonials from Aflac employees. After all that, it was a sales pitch on how great it is work for Aflac and success stories which seemed overstated and exaggerated in my book. Once the sales manager said it was commission based position, I got up, apologized for interrupting and subsequently walked out and said I was no longer interested in the job because sales was not my strengths.

Anonymous Employee in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Wexford, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

My first interview was great and I am looking forward to the second one next week. The atmosphere when I walked in the door was extremely positive and encouraging. They were clear that the job was a commission based job but it felt like something I could do well with their encouragement and training. I can't wait to see what comes of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• The 3 parts to this job include meeting and initiating the relationship with a company, then coming back and establishing a plan with the team, and lastly working with the company and its individuals to set up the most appropriate packages for them. Which of these steps do you feel you would Excell at? Which would be the most challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Red Bank, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Red Bank, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial Interview was very professionally handled and the handler was direct, polite and straightforward. I have been an executive in the past and i was very impressed with the handler of the group but I was very appreciative of the way it was handled.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. The manager provided a overview of the company, the position and responsibilities of the position. The next step after the first interview was a one on one interview. When I received the email, I declined. While I appreciate the opportunity to interview with Aflac, sales is not my strong suit and I did not feel that I was the right person for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an e-mail requesting for a job interview after I had posted my resume on Monster. At the interview, I was asked to fill out a personality questionnaire. Then went into a room to watch a video talking about the company. The video was pretty much a collection of people saying how much money they've earned with the company. Because there was no other job candidates there (was supposed to be a group interview), the coordinator decided to interview me on the spot. The questions were very basic and easy. They said that the position was commission based and that the position I was interviewing for was pretty much a sales representative.

What I figured out while watching the short video was that I would not technically be an AFLAC employee because I would be working under an independent agent, therefore, I would not be getting any benefits (There was a tiny disclaimer in the video). It seemed like they would hire anyone who wants a job.

I got a call back for a second interview but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AFLAC? What is your greatest weakness? Why did/are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

In the first meeting, the Manager and Regional Manager give a presentation about the position, which is strictly commission. If candidate is interested and qualifies, a follow up one-on-one interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• I do not know because I did to attend a follow up one-on--one interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Columbia, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

You to a conference room to watch a 5 minute video on the company and then begin a group interview with about seven other candidates. And that lasts about an hour. After this is done, they ask you to go to the front desk and schedule a one on one interview for as soon as the next day

Interview Questions

I am not passionate about selling insurance and I realized that. It is strictly commission based and requires alot of driving

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. The first part of the interview was a group informational session where you learn about the company and find out more information about the position. The 2nd part of the interview is for those who want to learn more information and have any questions answered. After you accept the offer, you have to take and pass the state exams to get your license, at which point you have the 3rd interview/contract signing.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work on 100% Commission?   1 Answer