Aflac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Intern Interview

Strategy Intern
Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Interview Details – The first round was with the HR manager who asked straight forward questions such as Why Aflac, Why this role? What in my previous work experience prepared me for the role? The next round was with a strategy manager who asked questions based on strategy and the kinds of strategies that companies follow. Then I was given a market sizing question

Interview Question – There was a video case interview which had more numbers but was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Entry-level Developer Interview

Entry-level Developer
Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – I did an internship with Aflac over the summer. They did a phone interview and asked me why I wanted to work for them and a little about my skills. Once I was hired, it became clear to the other interns and I that Aflac was not so much a place for young talent as it was for those middle-to-late aged in the area. The city of Columbus has very little to offer for young, fun-loving people and the pace of work is very slow. They don't have many young employees. However, I'm sure for employees there in other departments or those with families looking to settle down in a quaint, cheaper area may definitely find the job a great fit.

Interview Question – What was an example of a situation where you faced a hardship and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me what they were offering and I accepted.....stupidly

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter I worked with was a joy. She responded promptly to email inquiries and had minimal turnaround between each step of the process. She had a clear vision of what Aflac was and expressed her joy regarding working with the company at each step. I didn't accept the opportunity but it was not for any of her efforts. Give Aflac your consideration, they'll treat you right and you won't regret the experience.

Interview Question – N/A. All questions were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Second Vice President Sales Interview

Second Vice President Sales
Columbus, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews in one day. Met with at least seven people involved in sales dept. Some of the interviews were simple conversations about general topics in an apparent attempt to see if I'd fit into the culture, others were more structured and in-depth that focused on past work experiences, strategy, goals, strengths, etc.

Interview Question – Don't recall the most difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – received offer letter with salary and relocation allowance; bonuses are reevaluated each year

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aflac in April 2009.

Interview Details – There will be a skilled test, two interviews, background check, and medical exam

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you did not make the right decision?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Columbus, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

Interview Details – received a call sayong they saw my resume online and remembered me from job fair.Got set up to take pre employment testing

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Specialist IV Interview

Customer Service Specialist IV
Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aflac in January 2008.

Interview Details – Apply online, wait 3 months get a call for interview, interview at the office. You're promised that after 1 year in the call center you can move out (10 years later I am still stuck in the same position). Asked a lot of "in your current position, tell me how you would handle a stressful situation, how have you helped a difficult customer, how did you diffuse an angry situation." Also took a typing test.

Interview Question – All hypothetical questions so you can make something up. It all relates to the fact that you will be dealing with angry, upset, whiny callers everyday so just have some made up scenarios ready on how you calmed someone down, diffused a situation, and if/when you had to get management/supervisor involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you a letter with your salary offer. There is really no room for negotiation unless you have a college degree, then they may give you a little more. NOT MUCH more though.

Content Developer Interview

Content Developer
Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Aflac in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview initially, which went through fairly typical questions, such as "Why are you interested in working for Aflac?" and "Tell us about a time when you encountered a conflict and how you handled it." Then a few more specific to instructional design. I was contacted shortly thereafter for a face to face interview, during which time I was given a tour of the facilities and told of the plans for the interior design and focus of the training. Upon meeting the CLO, I was given the overview of the plans for the future, given opportunity to ask questions and driven back to the main facility. At no time during this entire process was I asked a single interview question. There was no further contact from this company or its representatives until I saw an advertisement for a similar position SIX weeks later. I inquired as to the final outcome and was told the position had been filled from the inside just this last Friday. (I was told there were three positions open during the interview). Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise - If they are that unprofessional in their interview process, it is doubtful I would have enjoyed working there. This is the only Fortune 500 company I have ever interviewed with that has not called to let you know a selection was made.

Interview Question – We don't really have any questions for you, is there anything more you'd like to ask us? (at panel interview)   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Specialist II Interview

Customer Service Specialist II
Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Phone call to set up an interview. Did initial interview with a department manager who asked the typical behavioral or situational type questions. Did a second interview with department supervisor; same type of questions.

Interview Question – All the "describe a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Applications Developer Digital Marketing Interview

Applications Developer Digital Marketing
Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aflac in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was as expected. They did a thorough job of assessing skills, experience and how well of a 'fit' you might be. Aflac HR personnel were very professional and quick to respond. A+.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with web application development in a matrix environment?   View Answer
  • How would you feel about living in Columbus, GA?   View Answer

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!