Aflac Interview Questions in Columbus, GA

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

The first round was with the HR manager who asked straight forward questions such as Why Aflac, Why this role? What in my previous work experience prepared me for the role? The next round was with a strategy manager who asked questions based on strategy and the kinds of strategies that companies follow. Then I was given a market sizing question

Interview Questions
    • There was a video case interview which had more numbers but was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Entry-level Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

I did an internship with Aflac over the summer. They did a phone interview and asked me why I wanted to work for them and a little about my skills. Once I was hired, it became clear to the other interns and I that Aflac was not so much a place for young talent as it was for those middle-to-late aged in the area. The city of Columbus has very little to offer for young, fun-loving people and the pace of work is very slow. They don't have many young employees. However, I'm sure for employees there in other departments or those with families looking to settle down in a quaint, cheaper area may definitely find the job a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • What was an example of a situation where you faced a hardship and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    They told me what they were offering and I accepted.....stupidly

Second Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

Multiple interviews in one day. Met with at least seven people involved in sales dept. Some of the interviews were simple conversations about general topics in an apparent attempt to see if I'd fit into the culture, others were more structured and in-depth that focused on past work experiences, strategy, goals, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions
    received offer letter with salary and relocation allowance; bonuses are reevaluated each year

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

The recruiter I worked with was a joy. She responded promptly to email inquiries and had minimal turnaround between each step of the process. She had a clear vision of what Aflac was and expressed her joy regarding working with the company at each step. I didn't accept the opportunity but it was not for any of her efforts. Give Aflac your consideration, they'll treat you right and you won't regret the experience.

Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aflac in August 2012.

There was a phone interview initially, which went through fairly typical questions, such as "Why are you interested in working for Aflac?" and "Tell us about a time when you encountered a conflict and how you handled it." Then a few more specific to instructional design. I was contacted shortly thereafter for a face to face interview, during which time I was given a tour of the facilities and told of the plans for the interior design and focus of the training. Upon meeting the CLO, I was given the overview of the plans for the future, given opportunity to ask questions and driven back to the main facility. At no time during this entire process was I asked a single interview question. There was no further contact from this company or its representatives until I saw an advertisement for a similar position SIX weeks later. I inquired as to the final outcome and was told the position had been filled from the inside just this last Friday. (I was told there were three positions open during the interview). Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise - If they are that unprofessional in their interview process, it is doubtful I would have enjoyed working there. This is the only Fortune 500 company I have ever interviewed with that has not called to let you know a selection was made.

Interview Questions
    • We don't really have any questions for you, is there anything more you'd like to ask us? (at panel interview)   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aflac.

Phone call to set up an interview. Did initial interview with a department manager who asked the typical behavioral or situational type questions. Did a second interview with department supervisor; same type of questions.

Applications Developer Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac in March 2011.

The hiring and interview process was as expected. They did a thorough job of assessing skills, experience and how well of a 'fit' you might be. Aflac HR personnel were very professional and quick to respond. A+.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with web application development in a matrix environment?   View Answer
    • How would you feel about living in Columbus, GA?   View Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

received a call sayong they saw my resume online and remembered me from job fair.Got set up to take pre employment testing

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aflac in April 2009.

There will be a skilled test, two interviews, background check, and medical exam

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you did not make the right decision?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac in February 2009.

The first step was a phone interview with company HR. It was a standard behavioral interview. I was asked about my skill sets, incidents where I encountered 'unethical' dilemmas, salary history, and willingness to relocate.
    The next step was an online math/logic thinking test that lasted about 75 minutes.
    Then the hiring manager called me for a phone interview. She went into details about what the job would entail and what her expectations of the new hire were.
    The final round was on-site intervew. It was at Aflac's Paul Amos campus. It was a sprawling, newish building located at north Columbus near an industrial park area. There was an on-site day-care center. Employees there seemed happy. People were dressed rather casually. I was led into the Executive Wing of the main building. My first round was with a VP and one of her reports. This VP was the counterpart of the hiring manager. She seemed rather approachable and took an unstructured approach. We 'chatted' about my past job experience and she told me that the person who was in the position made some mistakes and was moved to another department of the company. Aflac is yet to have mass layoffs. My next round was with one girl and one guy that would've been my counterparts. Then came the hiring manager herself. I somehow sensed that the two of us did not click. She had a list of questions that were apparently obtained from HR and were all behavioral types of questions. For example: name one incident where you disagreed with someone and how you resolved the conflict. That lasted about 30 minutes. Finally came two junior members within the team. The first question they asked me was: do you consider yourself a people person? They also told me that this job could be stressful. Deadlines come often and sometimes there is very little lead time.
    Although I felt overall the interviews went well, my interest in the company waned significantly on my drive from Atlanta, where I live, to Columbus, where the company HQ is. Initially I thought I could commute between the two towns or live in Columbus during the week and come home to my husband during weekends. It was during that 2-hr drive that I realized that a) the commute would kill me in no time; and b) there was no way that I could live in Columbus. I made no attempt to hide my desire to stay in Atlanta. After all, I telecommuted almost 100% for my last job. The hiring manager made it clear that she would need the person to be located in Columbus. A week later I got an email from their HR saying that although my resume was 'impressive', the hiring manager picked someone that was a better 'fit.' Although I never asked, I suspect my reluctance to relocate must've played a role in her decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you disagreed with someone and tell me how you resolved the conflict.   Answer Question
    • What kind of errors did you make in your last job and how did them impact your performance and your relationship with your manager?   Answer Question