Aflac Interview Questions in Columbus, GA

Updated Apr 4, 2015

3.2

Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

The first round was with the HR manager who asked straight forward questions such as Why Aflac, Why this role? What in my previous work experience prepared me for the role? The next round was with a strategy manager who asked questions based on strategy and the kinds of strategies that companies follow. Then I was given a market sizing question

Interview Questions

• There was a video case interview which had more numbers but was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Entry-level Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA).

Interview

I did an internship with Aflac over the summer. They did a phone interview and asked me why I wanted to work for them and a little about my skills. Once I was hired, it became clear to the other interns and I that Aflac was not so much a place for young talent as it was for those middle-to-late aged in the area. The city of Columbus has very little to offer for young, fun-loving people and the pace of work is very slow. They don't have many young employees. However, I'm sure for employees there in other departments or those with families looking to settle down in a quaint, cheaper area may definitely find the job a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a situation where you faced a hardship and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what they were offering and I accepted.....stupidly

Second Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Multiple interviews in one day. Met with at least seven people involved in sales dept. Some of the interviews were simple conversations about general topics in an apparent attempt to see if I'd fit into the culture, others were more structured and in-depth that focused on past work experiences, strategy, goals, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

received offer letter with salary and relocation allowance; bonuses are reevaluated each year

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was a joy. She responded promptly to email inquiries and had minimal turnaround between each step of the process. She had a clear vision of what Aflac was and expressed her joy regarding working with the company at each step. I didn't accept the opportunity but it was not for any of her efforts. Give Aflac your consideration, they'll treat you right and you won't regret the experience.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with HR recruiter over the phone and set up an appointment for a computer and bilingual skills assessment. Once I passed assessment, I was scheduled for an interview with HR manager, once I passed that interview, I was scheduled to interview with department manager. I was asked to read insurance material in Spanish to see if I understood and could translate the material. I was accepted and than scheduled for the next training session.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview initially, which went through fairly typical questions, such as "Why are you interested in working for Aflac?" and "Tell us about a time when you encountered a conflict and how you handled it." Then a few more specific to instructional design. I was contacted shortly thereafter for a face to face interview, during which time I was given a tour of the facilities and told of the plans for the interior design and focus of the training. Upon meeting the CLO, I was given the overview of the plans for the future, given opportunity to ask questions and driven back to the main facility. At no time during this entire process was I asked a single interview question. There was no further contact from this company or its representatives until I saw an advertisement for a similar position SIX weeks later. I inquired as to the final outcome and was told the position had been filled from the inside just this last Friday. (I was told there were three positions open during the interview). Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise - If they are that unprofessional in their interview process, it is doubtful I would have enjoyed working there. This is the only Fortune 500 company I have ever interviewed with that has not called to let you know a selection was made.

Interview Questions

• We don't really have any questions for you, is there anything more you'd like to ask us? (at panel interview)   2 Answers

Customer Service Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Phone call to set up an interview. Did initial interview with a department manager who asked the typical behavioral or situational type questions. Did a second interview with department supervisor; same type of questions.

Applications Developer Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was as expected. They did a thorough job of assessing skills, experience and how well of a 'fit' you might be. Aflac HR personnel were very professional and quick to respond. A+.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with web application development in a matrix environment?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel about living in Columbus, GA?   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

received a call sayong they saw my resume online and remembered me from job fair.Got set up to take pre employment testing

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

There will be a skilled test, two interviews, background check, and medical exam

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not make the right decision?   Answer Question