Aflac Coordinator In Training Interview Questions

1.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Very easy interview. Aflac will hire almost anyone for a sales position but only the best candidates for the job will make it past the first year. You are required to get licensed in Accident and Health. They will follow-up with you while you are studying for the test. There are about 2-3 months of daily trainings in the morning to get new agents up to speed.

Interview Questions
  • There are none. If you can write your name you will get the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in September 2011.

I first got a call late in the afternoon about coming in for an interview the very next day. Decided to attend and arrived and was shown to an upstairs conference room where a few others and I gathered for a presentation from one of the district managers. Very smooth talking presentation about why everyone in the room should go sales even though myself and another were there for management positions. After a breakdown on how Aflac did things and some sweet talk about why commissioned pay was so much better than a salary, I decided to go ahead and see what the personal interview was like. Came back the next day for their manager trainee position and was basically given more sweet talk about how the position worked and why I was such a great fit for it. I was never really asked any questions about why I wanted the position other than a simple why do you think you could succeed in this job. I was offered a position under the district manager halfway through the interview but said I wanted to think about it for a bit.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you could succeed in this job?   View Answer

I declined because after spending time thinking about the interview, I realized that the guy really only wanted me for his 5% overhead bonus that all Aflac people get when they hire someone on. Also, I didn't want to take the risk of having to wait a few months for a paycheck when I would be spending a lot of time driving around helping the manager get more money for my work.

While I was waiting for my interview, one of the sales reps in the office made a cold call to a business but was met with an employee benefits person who wanted nothing to do with them. I also have been told by other people I know who have interacted with Aflac that they are constantly bombarding people with calls about either becoming a part of the machine or switching the company insurance over, not a good reputation I feel.

Coordinator-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in August 2011.

You contact an Aflac Representative, They notify the Regional Sales Coordinator. The Regional Sales Coordinator contacts you and schedules interview. Based on the outcome of the first Interview you are elected for a second interview. At that time you get information on studying for your insurance license and set up for the classes, if you do not already hold a health/life insurance license. Once hired you are assigned to a District Sales Coordinator's team where you are directly trained.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do to guarantee success as an owner of your own business?   View Answer
    You sign a contract with Aflac, pay the 'franchise fee'. Attend licensing classes (you also pay for). Take insurance license test, which you also pay for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aston, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aston, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in April 2011.

Keep in mind, I've been in the Financial Services Industry for 10 years. Was contacted by phone from Ciro Abril (DSC) -Direct Sales Coordinator in Aston, PA about a 'Management' Position with Aflac. We spoke over the phone twice, both times I asked if there was a Base Salary...both times I was told yes. When interviewed, it was explained that there is a BASE of clients, not a salary. Really, is that what BASE means??? I'd expect this kind of 'misunderstanding' from a used car salesman, not someone who has been in the business for any length of time.

1) Obvously there is no salary, I was told there is a BASE of clients in the interview.
    2) Lack of trust.
    3) They will interview and hire anyone that breathes so they can earn the override.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!