Aflac District Sales Coordinator Interview Questions

2.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sea Girt, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sea Girt, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aflac in September 2013.

This was a disappointment on every level.

Six days ago I received a phone call from the Sea Girt(NJ) office of Aflac Insurance. The caller identified herself as Jackie Weigman and said she was calling because her manager had found my resume online and that he wanted to set up a time for an interview with me because he believed I'd be a good fit for a role with the organization. I asked what the role was and after a pause she told me that she hadn't thought to ask and that they were hiring for two; a Benefits Consultant and a District Coordinator.

I told her that, respectfully, I had no interest in a front-line insurance roll and asked for more detail about the District Coordinator position & what in my resume they believed was cause to believe I'd be a good match. She deferred to her superior, Mike Butterfield, and that he had been the one to make the match. She reiterated that this was an informational meeting and asked if I'd be available on Tuesday. I was not and we set the meeting for Wednesday.

In my research I found a website for "Maggio Region" at the number they called me from. This appears to be the name of the independent insurance agency conducting the hiring. There is no Mike or Michael Butterfield listed on the site. I could find no one by that name in the local region on LinkedIn either. I did find a LinkedIn account for Jackie Weigman associated with Aflac but the account has no picture and only two connections.

When she called yesterday to confirm the appointment I was told that Mike had just taken over the office and that he lived in southern New Jersey, a point he would later reinforce. I further asked about dress code, who I would be meeting and if it would be a panel interview. I was told business-casual, Mike Butterfield and that yes there would be other people to meet.

The interview was scheduled for 1:00pm and since it was only about half an hour's drive I kept it despite the red flags. On arrival at their second story office I was warmly greeted, asked for a copy of my resume and shown to a room where two other interviewees were already seated. My stomach plummeted when I saw the twelve uncomfortable chairs arranged in rows and nothing else in the room. Within a few minutes a gentleman arrived, identified himself as Mike and got started with a canned performance. Since he didn't take the time to introduce himself, shake hands or ask anyone's name I assumed he was still charged up from a hurried ride to the office. I stopped him two minutes in to force an introduction and give him a chance to reset. He didn't take the opportunity to shake anyone else's hand or ask their names.

By now you should see where I'm going with this story. There was no District Coordinator job. This was exactly what I had said I wasn't interested in. Frankly, this was everything that was wrong with the interview process. This was a pitch, and a rude one. Mike Buttrefield seems like a nice guy but this was ham-handed and was outdated in 2005 let alone 2013. There was a host of other points that were at least disingenuous and at worst misleading but I'll spare you the details.

The most disturbing part is that insurance is a business of relationships and the entire process was conducted in a was that insured I would feel repelled by a relationship with them. Sad, unprofessional and outdated.

Interview Questions
  • There were no questions. They weren't interested in finding a good candidate, anyone would do.   Answer Question

I couldn't in good conscience work with people like this.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

District Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

If you have a great energetic personality your in after passing the insurance exam

Interview Questions
    • I can not recall one. I was prepared for more than I was asked   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in February 2009.

Attend an initial Group Information Session that outlines the company, top to bottom, the job and what it entails, the compensation and training that will be offered. If selected, will be called back for a second interview. If we feel you are a good fit and can be successful with Aflac, we will offer you a position and explain what steps need to be followed.

Interview Questions
    • What one situation or hardship have you experienced in your life that you feel you were able to overcome.   Answer Question
    Associate position is 100% commission based; so negotiating is out of the question.