Aflac Independent Agent Interview Questions

1.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

I applied online and received a call shortly after to go to an interview. When I went to the interview I discovered it was a group interview. The district manager gave a presentation on the company and then gave us a paper to tell him how much we were interested in the company. I later received another call asking me to come in for another 1 to 1 interview. When I went in, the DR asked me if I had any questions and explained that it's commission only and I had to get licensed first I was pretty much hired on the spot. I had to pay a fee for my online course to obtain my health insurance license and when I passed the test I returned and signed my contract.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Independent Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

I was contacted via email response to my resume posting. I was offered the opportunity to go to an interview. Little did I know that it was a group interview with the Regional Coordinator telling a group of about 15 people how much money can be made. At the end I filled out an information sheet which had a few questions at the end; such as why am I interested in insurance, etc. I obviously said the right thing which I believe was that I was looking for unlimited income potential. Then I was called back for a second interview-- nothing tough or complicated, just wanted to make sure you were ready for commission only and also a go-getter. Then they pay for you to get Health licensed. Also later you get the Life license.

100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Basic run of the mill interview. Gave background of company and the positions available. Gave decent details on job potential along with financial opportunities. Didn't offer much more unless you wanted to schedule a second interview to discuss the opening in more detail.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you see yourself succeeding in a commission sales business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Simple, not planned out. Will hire anyone....

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation for an independent agent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

The hiring process took 4 meetings with the initial meeting being a group meeting. You are required to pass the state Health Insurance exam prior to being hired. The cost of the exams are all on the individual being hired. Most people have no idea what it takes to start a business but are excited about the opportunity which for me I have seen a lot of agents waste a lot of their own money.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe there was a difficult or unexpected question. They want to know if you are willing to put the effort in to get the results you want.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

I attended a job fair where I met with two recruiters, they gave me some information and flyers about the company, after I left the job fair I did my own research through glass door and other sources and decided to call for an interview, the recruiter was not available for another week. When I finally met with the recruiter I was given a presentation that would be given to a business owner, I didn't really understand the concepts too well since I had never been a business owner or had that mind set, I was given the opportunity to get the online training ( for licensing) when I asked was told I would be working with a trainer to get me up to speed quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions were just those that a business owner could answer such as, would I help my employees with a payroll deduction at no cost to my business, of course I would.. But I didn't see how that fit into my job. Insurance was brand new and Greek to me   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate, straight up one hundred percent commission, I just wanted to be sure I was up and running quickly

Independent Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in April 2011.

Because of the nature of the business there wasn't a formal interview like you see at most places. The interview is more of them explaining what they do, and you choose whether to join or not. Since you are working as a 1099, 100% commission agent that covers all expenses out of your own pocket, they will take anyone interested.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions. Aflac will take anyone who is willing to join.   Answer Question
    N/A - contract employee who works on 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in January 2009.

It was a simple process the interviewer was just getting to know my personality and If I would excel in a sales role. Was able to meet a few of the other employees and had an offer very quickly. That being said as an all commission job they will hire just about anyone who gets to the interview stage.

Independent Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

Received a call from the secretary of the RSC about my resume they had seen on Careerbuilders. Came in for an interview. It was supposed to be a group of three people but I was the only one there. So my interview was with the RSC. After stating that I had no sales experience I was given examples of situations where I could apply my skills as a presenter. I didn't get a weird vibe from the interviewer. It was actually informative. It wasn't until later that I realized that I really didn't receive a lot of information about who I'd be contacting and exactly how I would get paid. I was told that because it was a numbers game that I'd get paid for the calls that I made and commission for the calls that enrolled. I later found out that there is no base salary nor benefits. I was initially excited after researching the Aflac website but had to realize that the website is for the Aflac corporation and not independent sales agents. Independent sales agents are not employees of Aflac. I was invited to attend one of their Monday morning meetings to meet other associates. I've decided to ask more questions then. However, I can't afford to go three months without a salary nor benefits.