Aflac

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process took 4 meetings with the initial meeting being a group meeting. You are required to pass the state Health Insurance exam prior to being hired. The cost of the exams are all on the individual being hired. Most people have no idea what it takes to start a business but are excited about the opportunity which for me I have seen a lot of agents waste a lot of their own money.

Interview Question – I don't believe there was a difficult or unexpected question. They want to know if you are willing to put the effort in to get the results you want.   Answer Question

Independent Agent

I applied online and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email response to my resume posting. I was offered the opportunity to go to an interview. Little did I know that it was a group interview with the Regional Coordinator telling a group of about 15 people how much money can be made. At the end I filled out an information sheet which had a few questions at the end; such as why am I interested in insurance, etc. I obviously said the right thing which I believe was that I was looking for unlimited income potential. Then I was called back for a second interview-- nothing tough or complicated, just wanted to make sure you were ready for commission only and also a go-getter. Then they pay for you to get Health licensed. Also later you get the Life license.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 100% commission.

Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Interview Details – Basic run of the mill interview. Gave background of company and the positions available. Gave decent details on job potential along with financial opportunities. Didn't offer much more unless you wanted to schedule a second interview to discuss the opening in more detail.

Interview Question – Why do you see yourself succeeding in a commission sales business.   Answer Question

Huntington, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Interview Details – Simple, not planned out. Will hire anyone....

Interview Question – What do you know about Aflac and Insurance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for an independent agent.

Very Easy Interview

Independent Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in April 2011.

Interview Details – Because of the nature of the business there wasn't a formal interview like you see at most places. The interview is more of them explaining what they do, and you choose whether to join or not. Since you are working as a 1099, 100% commission agent that covers all expenses out of your own pocket, they will take anyone interested.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions. Aflac will take anyone who is willing to join.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A - contract employee who works on 100% commission

Independent Agent

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call from the secretary of the RSC about my resume they had seen on Careerbuilders. Came in for an interview. It was supposed to be a group of three people but I was the only one there. So my interview was with the RSC. After stating that I had no sales experience I was given examples of situations where I could apply my skills as a presenter. I didn't get a weird vibe from the interviewer. It was actually informative. It wasn't until later that I realized that I really didn't receive a lot of information about who I'd be contacting and exactly how I would get paid. I was told that because it was a numbers game that I'd get paid for the calls that I made and commission for the calls that enrolled. I later found out that there is no base salary nor benefits. I was initially excited after researching the Aflac website but had to realize that the website is for the Aflac corporation and not independent sales agents. Independent sales agents are not employees of Aflac. I was invited to attend one of their Monday morning meetings to meet other associates. I've decided to ask more questions then. However, I can't afford to go three months without a salary nor benefits.

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was a simple process the interviewer was just getting to know my personality and If I would excel in a sales role. Was able to meet a few of the other employees and had an offer very quickly. That being said as an all commission job they will hire just about anyone who gets to the interview stage.

Interview Question – What would make you a good salesperson?   Answer Question

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!