Aflac

Updated Nov 20, 2014

1.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Independent Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

First interview was with one of the top sales associates and a manager. It was more of an overview of the company and what they do. It was very interesting to learn about the company and hear all the things they do. Lots of talk about how great the company is and how great it is to work with them. Second interview was with the manager over the area in the office. It was mostly just questions to see if they like you. If they like you they call with an offer to sign on as an agent.

Interview Questions
  • It is all very straight forward nothing difficult about their interview process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in March 2012.

I never went though a interview, because of my experience I was able to just show up to training and sign my contract. They were surprised that I already had my insurance Lic, because 90% of there new "hires" are unlicensed or newly licensed. Most everyone else goes through a multi stage interview process, however they will hire anyone who can fog a mirror. The overall turnover rate is insanely high, there is a reason.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in October 2014.

Pretty much as a ploy to pull the hood over your eyes they will make it seems like you can make an exorbitant amount of money fairly easily. What they don't tell you is that your "support" team pretty much throws you out in to the street and says "good luck out there kid." There is money to be made, but constant cold calling is damaging to the soul.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions asked, it's more of a motivational speech to convince you to join this terrible organization   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

I applied online and received a call shortly after to go to an interview. When I went to the interview I discovered it was a group interview. The district manager gave a presentation on the company and then gave us a paper to tell him how much we were interested in the company. I later received another call asking me to come in for another 1 to 1 interview. When I went in, the DR asked me if I had any questions and explained that it's commission only and I had to get licensed first I was pretty much hired on the spot. I had to pay a fee for my online course to obtain my health insurance license and when I passed the test I returned and signed my contract.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

I attended a job fair where I met with two recruiters, they gave me some information and flyers about the company, after I left the job fair I did my own research through glass door and other sources and decided to call for an interview, the recruiter was not available for another week. When I finally met with the recruiter I was given a presentation that would be given to a business owner, I didn't really understand the concepts too well since I had never been a business owner or had that mind set, I was given the opportunity to get the online training ( for licensing) when I asked was told I would be working with a trainer to get me up to speed quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions were just those that a business owner could answer such as, would I help my employees with a payroll deduction at no cost to my business, of course I would.. But I didn't see how that fit into my job. Insurance was brand new and Greek to me   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate, straight up one hundred percent commission, I just wanted to be sure I was up and running quickly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

The hiring process took 4 meetings with the initial meeting being a group meeting. You are required to pass the state Health Insurance exam prior to being hired. The cost of the exams are all on the individual being hired. Most people have no idea what it takes to start a business but are excited about the opportunity which for me I have seen a lot of agents waste a lot of their own money.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe there was a difficult or unexpected question. They want to know if you are willing to put the effort in to get the results you want.   Answer Question

Independent Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

I was contacted via email response to my resume posting. I was offered the opportunity to go to an interview. Little did I know that it was a group interview with the Regional Coordinator telling a group of about 15 people how much money can be made. At the end I filled out an information sheet which had a few questions at the end; such as why am I interested in insurance, etc. I obviously said the right thing which I believe was that I was looking for unlimited income potential. Then I was called back for a second interview-- nothing tough or complicated, just wanted to make sure you were ready for commission only and also a go-getter. Then they pay for you to get Health licensed. Also later you get the Life license.

100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Basic run of the mill interview. Gave background of company and the positions available. Gave decent details on job potential along with financial opportunities. Didn't offer much more unless you wanted to schedule a second interview to discuss the opening in more detail.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you see yourself succeeding in a commission sales business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Simple, not planned out. Will hire anyone....

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation for an independent agent.

Independent Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in April 2011.

Because of the nature of the business there wasn't a formal interview like you see at most places. The interview is more of them explaining what they do, and you choose whether to join or not. Since you are working as a 1099, 100% commission agent that covers all expenses out of your own pocket, they will take anyone interested.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions. Aflac will take anyone who is willing to join.   Answer Question
    N/A - contract employee who works on 100% commission