Aflac Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac (Riverside, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Submit resume 2. Follow up with resume with Aflac 3. Set up interview 4. Go to interview They ask you to arrive on time approximately 10 -15 minutes before scheduled interview. The receptionist that scheduled the interview was very nice. The entire process was smooth and the interview was easy. I was offered the job that day. Unfortunately, I didn't except the offer due to it being just commission pay.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

The interview was easy but need to pass the exam to work. The first interview is about to just introduce the company and current things. If you are interested, they will give you a second interview at the office. The first interview was held in a great building and nice place. But the second one is a small office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac (Midland, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview went really well, they informed me about the company and what they had to offer. They also mentioned the flexible schedule potential , as well as the sense of independence. Afterwards I had to take a 2 week course that prepared me for the life and health licensing exam and submit to a background check and fingerprint scan.

Interview Questions

• Would you see yourself working full time?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Submitted my resume on careerbuilder and got a call from Aflac for a Two step interview process. The Group information session is with a regional coordinator and then set ups a one one interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

This was easily the most laid back interview I have ever had. I didn't realize it was an interview. We just visited about my previous work, what I am looking for and how I could succeed. Questions I had about the company were answered completely with no reservations. After about an hour visit we both decided that this would be something worth pursuing. The hardest part was taking the state licensing exam and then waiting for the background check to get licensed. This was the State, Aflac was easy.

Negotiation

no negotiation - 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hope Mills, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Hope Mills, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview w/ 3 others. A basic powerpoint presentation that gives you an overview of the company and how you can be successful working for them.Overall, a very relaxed interview. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful. Training is provided if you decide to take a position as an insurance agent at Aflac but you must pay for it out of pocket. (NC Insurance License exam). Aflac is one of the best insurance companies out their and a very rewarding career if you chose to pursue it. I was made an offer but declined, another job came up that I decided to go with.

Interview Questions

• The normal "tell me about yourself?" Why do you want to work for us? What experience do you have? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

It was informative but I'm still not to confident in the opportunity. I was left with uncertainty of my salary. I do not want to join and not make any money

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Durham, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Alfac has a very lengthy interview process. You come in for a preliminary interview that is supposed to be with the hiring manager. However, they did not tell me until I arrived that it was just an informational session to learn about the company and what you as a sales agent is expected to do. It was a group of 8 attending the session. After the informational, I was invited back for a second in person interview. I liked what I heard until I found out before being offered the job I would have to pay for the class/session to be able to sell insurance in the state of NC. This is up front money that you have to pay and Alfac however, does not reimburse these funds. If you are a good agent then you'll make your money back.

Interview Questions

• What would be the top reasons for wanting to join the Alfac? If hired, what would be your strengths to the company.   Answer Question

I did not like how much I would have to spend in order to get licensed to sell insurance and that I would not be reimbursed by Alfac.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Sherman Oaks, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Questions

• Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Paducah, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac (West Paducah, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two different interviews. The first one was more about them finding out if you are going to be a good fit for the job. The second interview was them telling you about the company. They explain the different types of insurance you will be selling and they set you up for the test to get certified. You have to pay for the test out of your pocket. Aflac made me feel right at home and any anxiety that I had immediately left.

Interview Questions

• why I thought I would be good at selling insurance.   1 Answer