Aflac

Updated Nov 16, 2014

1.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

This was easily the most laid back interview I have ever had. I didn't realize it was an interview. We just visited about my previous work, what I am looking for and how I could succeed. Questions I had about the company were answered completely with no reservations. After about an hour visit we both decided that this would be something worth pursuing.
The hardest part was taking the state licensing exam and then waiting for the background check to get licensed. This was the State, Aflac was easy.

no negotiation - 100% commission

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

It was informative but I'm still not to confident in the opportunity. I was left with uncertainty of my salary. I do not want to join and not make any money

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

Alfac has a very lengthy interview process. You come in for a preliminary interview that is supposed to be with the hiring manager. However, they did not tell me until I arrived that it was just an informational session to learn about the company and what you as a sales agent is expected to do. It was a group of 8 attending the session. After the informational, I was invited back for a second in person interview. I liked what I heard until I found out before being offered the job I would have to pay for the class/session to be able to sell insurance in the state of NC. This is up front money that you have to pay and Alfac however, does not reimburse these funds. If you are a good agent then you'll make your money back.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the top reasons for wanting to join the Alfac? If hired, what would be your strengths to the company.   Answer Question

I did not like how much I would have to spend in order to get licensed to sell insurance and that I would not be reimbursed by Alfac.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Questions
    • Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   View Answer
    no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

I was contacted via email about an upcoming interview based on my resume they found on Monsters. I got prepared and showed up for what I thought was a straight up interview, instead it was a pitch to pay money for liscencing.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions since the time was filled with the company pitching their success ideas.   Answer Question

I had to comu up with about $300 that day and the rest would be taken out of my other pay check were promised to be big.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

Group interview, will basically hire anyone but, do not be scared as all of them will drop in about three months

Interview Questions
    • Your future goals and how Aflac will help you achieve them   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac.

It was like a group "interview" that included about 8 people. We watched a presentation and were told to leave our number if we wanted to receive a call back. There were no questions asked directly of any of us. I don't really understand how they could gain anything after that type of interview.

Interview Questions

I didn't feel as though they had a true account of the type of employee I would be and that they were acting frivolously.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

Interview was very informative and the interviewer explained the job process thoroughly.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

I was invited to a group meeting with 10 other people. It was very professional, the Regional Manager made a presentation of Aflac and then explained the expectations of their agents. Each one of us introduced ourselves, stating what you were actually doing and what we were expecting from a career with Aflac. He gave us information of the company and at the end asked to say how interested we were in working with them from 1 to 10. I was called for a second interview and it went really well. I was explained that I needes to be licensed. That is the difficult part as I had to study a lot, but I took the state exam in two weeks and passed it. I am ready to start my career.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall of any difficult question. It went really well.   Answer Question
    It's commission based, its up to you.

Insurance Agent Interview

easy to get hired. just get licensed