Aflac Insurance Agent Interview Questions

1.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Questions
  • Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   View Answer
no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

Two interviews that were mainly formalities. The first one was a group presentation and the second interview was one on one. if you had your NY license then they won't turn you down.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Staff were too busy calling everyone they could find from agencies and the like to recruit them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation due to commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elmwood Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

Group interview, will basically hire anyone but, do not be scared as all of them will drop in about three months

Interview Questions
    • Your future goals and how Aflac will help you achieve them   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

It was like a group "interview" that included about 8 people. We watched a presentation and were told to leave our number if we wanted to receive a call back. There were no questions asked directly of any of us. I don't really understand how they could gain anything after that type of interview.

Interview Questions

I didn't feel as though they had a true account of the type of employee I would be and that they were acting frivolously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in January 2013.

First interview went well - more of a comfortable discussion and talking about getting a good fit of person to the job. Second interview was more detailed but still focused on that. Was warned that it's a sales job and 100% commission, but also reassured that they'd help get me started. (I believe that they fully intended to do this but they did not, and I left after a few months due to having no income because it took so long to get established with clients.)

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

I was invited to a group meeting with 10 other people. It was very professional, the Regional Manager made a presentation of Aflac and then explained the expectations of their agents. Each one of us introduced ourselves, stating what you were actually doing and what we were expecting from a career with Aflac. He gave us information of the company and at the end asked to say how interested we were in working with them from 1 to 10. I was called for a second interview and it went really well. I was explained that I needes to be licensed. That is the difficult part as I had to study a lot, but I took the state exam in two weeks and passed it. I am ready to start my career.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall of any difficult question. It went really well.   Answer Question
    It's commission based, its up to you.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

Interview was very informative and the interviewer explained the job process thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in July 2009.

It was easy and fun. We chatted about my experience and she gave a brief rundown on the job and pay. It was about a half hour. I've been through a few other interviews where the interviewer was either clueless or on a power trip. Interviews shouldn't be like that.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one. She did ask how I felt about an all commission job.   View Answer
    It was straight forward.

Insurance Agent Interview

easy to get hired. just get licensed

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Very relaxed interview. More of a "get to know you" feel than a professional interview.

Commission only earnings, so there really is not much negotiation that has to take place.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!