Aflac

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Question – Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews that were mainly formalities. The first one was a group presentation and the second interview was one on one. if you had your NY license then they won't turn you down.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Staff were too busy calling everyone they could find from agencies and the like to recruit them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation due to commission only.

Elmwood Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview, will basically hire anyone but, do not be scared as all of them will drop in about three months

Interview Question – Your future goals and how Aflac will help you achieve them   Answer Question

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – It was like a group "interview" that included about 8 people. We watched a presentation and were told to leave our number if we wanted to receive a call back. There were no questions asked directly of any of us. I don't really understand how they could gain anything after that type of interview.

Interview Question – There were no direct questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel as though they had a true account of the type of employee I would be and that they were acting frivolously.

South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in January 2013.

Interview Details – First interview went well - more of a comfortable discussion and talking about getting a good fit of person to the job. Second interview was more detailed but still focused on that. Was warned that it's a sales job and 100% commission, but also reassured that they'd help get me started. (I believe that they fully intended to do this but they did not, and I left after a few months due to having no income because it took so long to get established with clients.)

Interview Question – What did I expect from the job?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to a group meeting with 10 other people. It was very professional, the Regional Manager made a presentation of Aflac and then explained the expectations of their agents. Each one of us introduced ourselves, stating what you were actually doing and what we were expecting from a career with Aflac. He gave us information of the company and at the end asked to say how interested we were in working with them from 1 to 10. I was called for a second interview and it went really well. I was explained that I needes to be licensed. That is the difficult part as I had to study a lot, but I took the state exam in two weeks and passed it. I am ready to start my career.

Interview Question – I cannot recall of any difficult question. It went really well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's commission based, its up to you.

Insurance Agent

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very informative and the interviewer explained the job process thoroughly.

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in July 2009.

Interview Details – It was easy and fun. We chatted about my experience and she gave a brief rundown on the job and pay. It was about a half hour. I've been through a few other interviews where the interviewer was either clueless or on a power trip. Interviews shouldn't be like that.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. She did ask how I felt about an all commission job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was straight forward.

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – easy to get hired. just get licensed

Interview Question – none all very simple   Answer Question

Spring, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview. More of a "get to know you" feel than a professional interview.

Negotiation Details – Commission only earnings, so there really is not much negotiation that has to take place.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!