Aflac Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

1.8

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

The interview was easy but need to pass the exam to work. The first interview is about to just introduce the company and current things. If you are interested, they will give you a second interview at the office. The first interview was held in a great building and nice place. But the second one is a small office.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Submitted my resume on careerbuilder and got a call from Aflac for a Two step interview process. The Group information session is with a regional coordinator and then set ups a one one interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

This was easily the most laid back interview I have ever had. I didn't realize it was an interview. We just visited about my previous work, what I am looking for and how I could succeed. Questions I had about the company were answered completely with no reservations. After about an hour visit we both decided that this would be something worth pursuing.
    The hardest part was taking the state licensing exam and then waiting for the background check to get licensed. This was the State, Aflac was easy.

no negotiation - 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hope Mills, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hope Mills, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in November 2014.

Group interview w/ 3 others. A basic powerpoint presentation that gives you an overview of the company and how you can be successful working for them.Overall, a very relaxed interview. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful. Training is provided if you decide to take a position as an insurance agent at Aflac but you must pay for it out of pocket. (NC Insurance License exam). Aflac is one of the best insurance companies out their and a very rewarding career if you chose to pursue it. I was made an offer but declined, another job came up that I decided to go with.

Interview Questions
    • The normal "tell me about yourself?"
      Why do you want to work for us?
      What experience do you have?
      Are you willing to relocate?

Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

It was informative but I'm still not to confident in the opportunity. I was left with uncertainty of my salary. I do not want to join and not make any money

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

Alfac has a very lengthy interview process. You come in for a preliminary interview that is supposed to be with the hiring manager. However, they did not tell me until I arrived that it was just an informational session to learn about the company and what you as a sales agent is expected to do. It was a group of 8 attending the session. After the informational, I was invited back for a second in person interview. I liked what I heard until I found out before being offered the job I would have to pay for the class/session to be able to sell insurance in the state of NC. This is up front money that you have to pay and Alfac however, does not reimburse these funds. If you are a good agent then you'll make your money back.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the top reasons for wanting to join the Alfac? If hired, what would be your strengths to the company.   Answer Question

I did not like how much I would have to spend in order to get licensed to sell insurance and that I would not be reimbursed by Alfac.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Questions
    • Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   View Answer
    no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

I was contacted via email about an upcoming interview based on my resume they found on Monsters. I got prepared and showed up for what I thought was a straight up interview, instead it was a pitch to pay money for liscencing.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions since the time was filled with the company pitching their success ideas.   Answer Question

I had to comu up with about $300 that day and the rest would be taken out of my other pay check were promised to be big.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Paducah, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Paducah, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

I had two different interviews. The first one was more about them finding out if you are going to be a good fit for the job. The second interview was them telling you about the company. They explain the different types of insurance you will be selling and they set you up for the test to get certified. You have to pay for the test out of your pocket. Aflac made me feel right at home and any anxiety that I had immediately left.

Interview Questions
    • why I thought I would be good at selling insurance.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

Group interview, will basically hire anyone but, do not be scared as all of them will drop in about three months

Interview Questions
    • Your future goals and how Aflac will help you achieve them   Answer Question