Aflac Insurance Agent Interview Questions

1.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennewick, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

Very simple office setting where I sat down and filled out an application about 15 minutes before actual interview time with just the front office clerk. I finished and handed that application to the clerk, about 2 minutes later the interviewer exited the office and got my application and reviewed it shortly before she greeted me and we walked back to the office. It was a very simple 1:1 interview asking questions such as: what I knew about Aflac other than the duck, how much of a salary I would need to be satisfied, and made sure I understood that the position was completely commission based-yet did not want to go into much more details about working for commission until the second interview. The interview ended and was told I would receive a call back Monday to schedule the second interview but never received the call.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

The recruiter found my posting on CareerBuilder.com and scheduled an phone interview. The next interview discussed my career goals, why I think I would be a good fit with the company, and what 'drives' me. The third and final interview consisted of how the company pays commissions, and sketching out the general career progression and addresses concerns. The office felt very supportive, but would recommend having a spouse that earns consistent income why your career launches.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in December 2010.

I got the interview through a university career fair. The interview was really informal, overall, and they were really helpful in answering questions that I had. Ultimately, I did not get the job, so I might not be in the best position to offer advice. However, I would just recommend to be as prepared as possible (research company, practice answers to generic questions, etc).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2011.

There were questions about my job history, motivation, career direction, what I wanted I do the company. I was also asked to come up with questions.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in August 2011.

First, let me start off by saying that each region is running very differently. I applied online and was called back promptly within a week. I was invited to an information session the same week, which is not a private interview. Because it's different than a lot of jobs they provide an info session first to see if it's something you are interested in. If your district invites you to a session just go if you're interested don't bother the receptionist with a bunch of questions. I was then invited to a 1:1 interview, as were a lot of other candidates. Mine was scheduled for the following day. My interview was not a behavioral style. It was more about figuring out if I could catch on quickly and if I had good conversation skills. I didn't have sales experience so it was more about the interviewer figuring out if he thought I could handle sales. There is a lot of training, and it takes a while to make money. It isn't for everyone, but it is a good opportunity for the right person.

Interview Questions
    • It was really more of a conversation, it seemed each interview was very unique from what I gathered asking around.   Answer Question
    There wasn't anything to negotiate. It was a commission only position, and corporate office sets the rates. I found it to be reasonable, but if you don't it's a walk away situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in March 2011.

They give you a call for a phone interview.
    Then there is a group meeting with other applicants at their office.
    An interview with an Aflac HR intern.
    Interview with the Regional Manager of the specific office.

Questions are geared towards hearing about your leadership, group, and people skills/ experiences.
    They go through your resume and life experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Why Aflac?

This was one of my first internship interviews and did not research the company very much.
        Answer Question

It was an unpaid internship.
    I came in with an open mind about insurance sales, but took up an offer on a paid internship.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

I was invited to a group meeting with 10 other people. It was very professional, the Regional Manager made a presentation of Aflac and then explained the expectations of their agents. Each one of us introduced ourselves, stating what you were actually doing and what we were expecting from a career with Aflac. He gave us information of the company and at the end asked to say how interested we were in working with them from 1 to 10. I was called for a second interview and it went really well. I was explained that I needes to be licensed. That is the difficult part as I had to study a lot, but I took the state exam in two weeks and passed it. I am ready to start my career.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall of any difficult question. It went really well.   Answer Question
    It's commission based, its up to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in January 2013.

First interview went well - more of a comfortable discussion and talking about getting a good fit of person to the job. Second interview was more detailed but still focused on that. Was warned that it's a sales job and 100% commission, but also reassured that they'd help get me started. (I believe that they fully intended to do this but they did not, and I left after a few months due to having no income because it took so long to get established with clients.)

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

Interview was very informative and the interviewer explained the job process thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Questions
    • Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   View Answer
    no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!