Aflac

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in August 2011.

Interview Details – First, let me start off by saying that each region is running very differently. I applied online and was called back promptly within a week. I was invited to an information session the same week, which is not a private interview. Because it's different than a lot of jobs they provide an info session first to see if it's something you are interested in. If your district invites you to a session just go if you're interested don't bother the receptionist with a bunch of questions. I was then invited to a 1:1 interview, as were a lot of other candidates. Mine was scheduled for the following day. My interview was not a behavioral style. It was more about figuring out if I could catch on quickly and if I had good conversation skills. I didn't have sales experience so it was more about the interviewer figuring out if he thought I could handle sales. There is a lot of training, and it takes a while to make money. It isn't for everyone, but it is a good opportunity for the right person.

Interview Question – It was really more of a conversation, it seemed each interview was very unique from what I gathered asking around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't anything to negotiate. It was a commission only position, and corporate office sets the rates. I found it to be reasonable, but if you don't it's a walk away situation.

Insurance Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to a group meeting with 10 other people. It was very professional, the Regional Manager made a presentation of Aflac and then explained the expectations of their agents. Each one of us introduced ourselves, stating what you were actually doing and what we were expecting from a career with Aflac. He gave us information of the company and at the end asked to say how interested we were in working with them from 1 to 10. I was called for a second interview and it went really well. I was explained that I needes to be licensed. That is the difficult part as I had to study a lot, but I took the state exam in two weeks and passed it. I am ready to start my career.

Interview Question – I cannot recall of any difficult question. It went really well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's commission based, its up to you.

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in March 2011.

Interview Details – They give you a call for a phone interview.
Then there is a group meeting with other applicants at their office.
An interview with an Aflac HR intern.
Interview with the Regional Manager of the specific office.

Questions are geared towards hearing about your leadership, group, and people skills/ experiences.
They go through your resume and life experiences.

Interview Question – Why Aflac?

This was one of my first internship interviews and did not research the company very much.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was an unpaid internship.
I came in with an open mind about insurance sales, but took up an offer on a paid internship.

Insurance Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter found my posting on CareerBuilder.com and scheduled an phone interview. The next interview discussed my career goals, why I think I would be a good fit with the company, and what 'drives' me. The third and final interview consisted of how the company pays commissions, and sketching out the general career progression and addresses concerns. The office felt very supportive, but would recommend having a spouse that earns consistent income why your career launches.

Interview Question – How do you define success in a career?   Answer Question

Kennewick, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple office setting where I sat down and filled out an application about 15 minutes before actual interview time with just the front office clerk. I finished and handed that application to the clerk, about 2 minutes later the interviewer exited the office and got my application and reviewed it shortly before she greeted me and we walked back to the office. It was a very simple 1:1 interview asking questions such as: what I knew about Aflac other than the duck, how much of a salary I would need to be satisfied, and made sure I understood that the position was completely commission based-yet did not want to go into much more details about working for commission until the second interview. The interview ended and was told I would receive a call back Monday to schedule the second interview but never received the call.

Interview Question – Do you know any of our products?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in December 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a university career fair. The interview was really informal, overall, and they were really helpful in answering questions that I had. Ultimately, I did not get the job, so I might not be in the best position to offer advice. However, I would just recommend to be as prepared as possible (research company, practice answers to generic questions, etc).

Interview Questions

Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2011.

Interview Details – There were questions about my job history, motivation, career direction, what I wanted I do the company. I was also asked to come up with questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about us?   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in June 2009.

Interview Details – First you go to a presentation where they try to sell you and why you should sell Aflac and how much money you can make at it. Then a District cordinator will give you a second interview to try and determine if they think that you will make a good sales person and again try to sell you on why you should sell Aflac. If they want to work with you they will start by getting you setup with a training sechedule (non-paid), get you to start studing to get your insurance licence, and start marketing to setup appointments with business owners (which is extremly harder than they tell you).

Negotiation Details – N/A

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in November 2009.

Interview Details – I went to two interviews, and at the second, the manager offered me the job. Just be outgoing, and sell them on yourself. They want to see that you're self-motivated and can do work without constant supervision. Don't be too aggressive in selling yourself, but gain their interest.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Aflac?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, commission only.

Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Question – Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!