Aflac Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.7

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, but this was no interview. This was essentially a sales pitch. There were 6 other applicants in the room and we were shown a PowerPoint presentation about Aflac. I filled out a form, but I was never asked any questions directly.

Interview Questions

• On the form I answered basic questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "Are you comfortable in a sales position?".   Answer Question

It wasn't what I expected it to be. From what I understood if I took the job I would be working on commission. It's not something I was interested in.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Tarrytown, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted a general profile on Aflac's website to be contacted if any jobs in my related field became available. I was contacted by a recruiting manager, by email, to attend an information session. When I got there, I was placed in a conference room, given some company literature to go over, and had to fill out a brief application. Handed that in with my resume. There were a few other applicants and student interns. The session was given by a regional sales coordinator. Nice guy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself / background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a group informational meeting about the Company and all the policies offered. We were asked to introduce ourselves and tell a little bit about our background. I was called a week later for a one on one interview with the Regional Manager and offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There is an initial interview. At that interview they give you literature as to what the company is about and if it's a good fit for you. Then at the second interview you go over the position and education. It's all paid for by them but you don't start being paid until you start to make sales. This is a 100% commission job. If you have financial support it seems like a good company to work for until your sales pick up. I am responsible for my financial situation so I couldn't take the job and was told the door is always open if / when I'm ready.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They tell you a little about the company. They ask you about your previous work experience. They give details on what would be required to obtain your insurance license and provide options to obtain quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Tucson, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

This was NOT an interview. This was an hour-long presentation from the manager of the branch telling us his life story, and what Aflac does. If that sounds good to you, they will contact you the next day. I feel that I was Bait-and-switched, thinking that this would be a one-on-one interview where I would get to answer/ask questions related to the position. Instead, it was a presentation by an Aflac agent bragging about his accomplishments. No thanks!

Interview Questions

• Again, no questions where asked. This was a waste of my time. Do you want to sell insurance to small businesses?   Answer Question

strictly commission based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Bridgeport, WV) in September 2014.

Interview

It was real quick and easy. The first interview was completely educational. He told me all about the company, how they work, what they do, how they pay, and gave me some literature. Then he took my resume and application and sent me on my way. The second interview I was there for a total of 7 minutes. He answered all my questions and then made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really even asked any questions, but I will say this. You have to pass your state licensing exam in order to work there. It's a tough exam and you'll have to put down about $210 to pay for the study materials, test fees, and license, but then you are licensed in the state and can pretty much work for any insurance company so it's worth it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was a breeze, if you're willing to work, it pays very well.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Well rounded training and courses had to be took in order to set sail as an insurance sales agent. Started off with phone interview, and then was processed into a 1-on-1 interview with assistance to the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions

• The courses and exam had to be the most challenging part of becoming an agent.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online and after 3 in person presentations on the company I was hired. You have to get a temp insurance license then they have you do their sales school plus a few online coarses.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with door to door sales and 100% commission?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted as a group. It really was not even an interview. It was more of a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a hesitant client to buy your insurance?   Answer Question

I did not want to go the route of sales.