Aflac Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aflac (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Round 1 was a group "interview" where the group was a set of candidates and the interviewer was a District Training Manager. The Aflac manager talked about his career and what motivated him into joining Aflac, interjecting questions along the way. His demeanor was like a stereotype of a greed-based, no-people-skills sales guy. At the end, people left their resumes and noted "Y" or "N" whether they wanted to continue, then left. People were invited back or not for round two. I declined to accept my invite for round two even though I had checked "Y."

Interview Questions

• The Aflac Manager would try to engage the table randomly with the partial sentence wanting someone at the table to complete his thought with the correct words.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Resume was found after posting it online. Received a group email asking me to specify a time. I was invited out to a group interview in Lawrenceville. We were all sitting in a classroom and we all had chances to talk about ourselves. There weren't many opportunities available to outshine anyone. The job didn't seem that competitive. Average Americans that know a lot of people are more appealing

Interview Questions

• Standard questions included: Why do you need this job, how can you be productive at this job, what do you have to offer, how many people do you know...   Answer Question

Because it is not a company I see myself being a part of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Lynchburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

The local office found my resume online and said they were interested in an initial first step interview. The interview was really a group presentation about the company, market, and possible next steps. We were then asked to fill out an short form and finally asked to rate our continued interest between 1 - 10. Second one-on-one interviews were based on your level of interest.

Interview Questions

• The second interview really had no tough questions. Generic questions like "Your proudest achievement?" were as hard as they got. I was asked, however, how I felt about having to spend $330 to get state certified, and would be working only for commission. This is why I declined, personally, too risky.   Answer Question

Potential for huge income, but a risky start.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

The interview was very well-organized and questions were based on how many insurance products you were able to sell in a certain period of time. The faculty was very respectful and asked very relevant questions regarding the position

Interview Questions

I was moving to another state

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There is an initial interview. At that interview they give you literature as to what the company is about and if it's a good fit for you. Then at the second interview you go over the position and education. It's all paid for by them but you don't start being paid until you start to make sales. This is a 100% commission job. If you have financial support it seems like a good company to work for until your sales pick up. I am responsible for my financial situation so I couldn't take the job and was told the door is always open if / when I'm ready.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online and after 3 in person presentations on the company I was hired. You have to get a temp insurance license then they have you do their sales school plus a few online coarses.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with door to door sales and 100% commission?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac in January 2014.

Interview

It seemed as if I was partaking more in an informational or class lecture, rather than an interview. The interviewer spoke to me and the other job candidates explaining what the company is about, its positions, benefits, and had us complete self-evaluations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Tarrytown, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted a general profile on Aflac's website to be contacted if any jobs in my related field became available. I was contacted by a recruiting manager, by email, to attend an information session. When I got there, I was placed in a conference room, given some company literature to go over, and had to fill out a brief application. Handed that in with my resume. There were a few other applicants and student interns. The session was given by a regional sales coordinator. Nice guy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself / background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Saginaw, MI) in December 2009.

Interview

It's a numbers game for them. Because everyone is paid purely on commission, they want to get as many agents in writing new business as possible - knowing that the majority will never make it. If you pass your Accident/Health and/or Life Insurance exam, you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cold-call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a pay structure, take it or leave it.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, but this was no interview. This was essentially a sales pitch. There were 6 other applicants in the room and we were shown a PowerPoint presentation about Aflac. I filled out a form, but I was never asked any questions directly.

Interview Questions

• On the form I answered basic questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "Are you comfortable in a sales position?".   Answer Question

It wasn't what I expected it to be. From what I understood if I took the job I would be working on commission. It's not something I was interested in.