Aflac

1.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

The local office found my resume online and said they were interested in an initial first step interview. The interview was really a group presentation about the company, market, and possible next steps. We were then asked to fill out an short form and finally asked to rate our continued interest between 1 - 10. Second one-on-one interviews were based on your level of interest.

Interview Questions
  • The second interview really had no tough questions. Generic questions like "Your proudest achievement?" were as hard as they got.

I was asked, however, how I felt about having to spend $330 to get state certified, and would be working only for commission. This is why I declined, personally, too risky.

Answer Question

Potential for huge income, but a risky start.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac in November 2012.

Round 1 was a group "interview" where the group was a set of candidates and the interviewer was a District Training Manager. The Aflac manager talked about his career and what motivated him into joining Aflac, interjecting questions along the way. His demeanor was like a stereotype of a greed-based, no-people-skills sales guy. At the end, people left their resumes and noted "Y" or "N" whether they wanted to continue, then left. People were invited back or not for round two. I declined to accept my invite for round two even though I had checked "Y."

Interview Questions
    • The Aflac Manager would try to engage the table randomly with the partial sentence wanting someone at the table to complete his thought with the correct words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

Resume was found after posting it online. Received a group email asking me to specify a time. I was invited out to a group interview in Lawrenceville. We were all sitting in a classroom and we all had chances to talk about ourselves. There weren't many opportunities available to outshine anyone. The job didn't seem that competitive. Average Americans that know a lot of people are more appealing

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions included: Why do you need this job, how can you be productive at this job, what do you have to offer, how many people do you know...   Answer Question

Because it is not a company I see myself being a part of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Applied online and after 3 in person presentations on the company I was hired. You have to get a temp insurance license then they have you do their sales school plus a few online coarses.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with door to door sales and 100% commission?   View Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in January 2014.

It seemed as if I was partaking more in an informational or class lecture, rather than an interview. The interviewer spoke to me and the other job candidates explaining what the company is about, its positions, benefits, and had us complete self-evaluations.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

Went in to the interview prepared to be asked questions, but generally wasn't asked much of anything. Two representatives sat in on my interview and repeatedly told anecdotes of the the greatness of residual income. They did paint a nice picture of how they work with people and how what they do benefits others. I was a little disappointed by the fact that it wasn't really an interview, more like a sales pitch.

It wasn't for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in December 2009.

It's a numbers game for them. Because everyone is paid purely on commission, they want to get as many agents in writing new business as possible - knowing that the majority will never make it. If you pass your Accident/Health and/or Life Insurance exam, you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They have a pay structure, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in March 2013.

I met a recruiter at a career fair who expressed interest in me and told me I would make a great fit for the job. I came in the following week for an interview to find out that it was a group interview with about 10 other people. A sales agent came in and gave us a two hour presentation on the job. He didn't do any actual "interviewing" of us. Afterwards we got in line to schedule a subsequent interview. I was given the impression that they hire just about anyone. I decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was no actual "interviewing" done in the first session that I attended. He did ask us if we had large networks of family and friends who would be in need of insurance.   Answer Question

Salary was commission based only. Got the impression that they don't invest in training their employees and have a high turnover rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Ist Interview Group Interview. Second Interview one on one. Given different information in one on one than in 1st interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work for Aflac? I had to remind them that they called me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

The interview consisted of seven people and not one on one, I was called by them to go into office for an interview. It turned out to be a presentation to us about the company and all the great benefits and money you can earn there, such as free trips here and there, stocks and commission. At the end we were told there were two positions available at a time when in fact it looked like they will hire just everybody there.

Not job for me.