Aflac Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Hazlet, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Hazlet, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

The first "interview" was actually a group info session. The second interview was with a fantastic hiring manager who did a great job of selling the position, but after taking the time to think over the position and realizing it was not a good fit for me, I politely let her know. She understandingly accepted it but my name was already in their candidate pool and I've been called and emailed for 3 years.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There is an initial interview. At that interview they give you literature as to what the company is about and if it's a good fit for you. Then at the second interview you go over the position and education. It's all paid for by them but you don't start being paid until you start to make sales. This is a 100% commission job. If you have financial support it seems like a good company to work for until your sales pick up. I am responsible for my financial situation so I couldn't take the job and was told the door is always open if / when I'm ready.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

The interview was very well-organized and questions were based on how many insurance products you were able to sell in a certain period of time. The faculty was very respectful and asked very relevant questions regarding the position

Interview Questions

I was moving to another state

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Tucson, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

This was NOT an interview. This was an hour-long presentation from the manager of the branch telling us his life story, and what Aflac does. If that sounds good to you, they will contact you the next day. I feel that I was Bait-and-switched, thinking that this would be a one-on-one interview where I would get to answer/ask questions related to the position. Instead, it was a presentation by an Aflac agent bragging about his accomplishments. No thanks!

Interview Questions

• Again, no questions where asked. This was a waste of my time. Do you want to sell insurance to small businesses?   Answer Question

strictly commission based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Bridgeport, WV) in September 2014.

Interview

It was real quick and easy. The first interview was completely educational. He told me all about the company, how they work, what they do, how they pay, and gave me some literature. Then he took my resume and application and sent me on my way.
    The second interview I was there for a total of 7 minutes. He answered all my questions and then made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really even asked any questions, but I will say this. You have to pass your state licensing exam in order to work there. It's a tough exam and you'll have to put down about $210 to pay for the study materials, test fees, and license, but then you are licensed in the state and can pretty much work for any insurance company so it's worth it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was a breeze, if you're willing to work, it pays very well.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Well rounded training and courses had to be took in order to set sail as an insurance sales agent. Started off with phone interview, and then was processed into a 1-on-1 interview with assistance to the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions

• The courses and exam had to be the most challenging part of becoming an agent.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online and after 3 in person presentations on the company I was hired. You have to get a temp insurance license then they have you do their sales school plus a few online coarses.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with door to door sales and 100% commission?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted as a group. It really was not even an interview. It was more of a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a hesitant client to buy your insurance?   Answer Question

I did not want to go the route of sales.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Columbia, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven people and not one on one, I was called by them to go into office for an interview. It turned out to be a presentation to us about the company and all the great benefits and money you can earn there, such as free trips here and there, stocks and commission. At the end we were told there were two positions available at a time when in fact it looked like they will hire just everybody there.

Not job for me.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Went in to the interview prepared to be asked questions, but generally wasn't asked much of anything. Two representatives sat in on my interview and repeatedly told anecdotes of the the greatness of residual income. They did paint a nice picture of how they work with people and how what they do benefits others. I was a little disappointed by the fact that it wasn't really an interview, more like a sales pitch.

It wasn't for me.