Aflac

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

1.8

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

I was referred by an old friend, came in for a board room meeting which was followed about a week later by a one on one meeting with the Regional Sales Coordinator. He was thorough but brief and to the point, and seemed genuinely excited to have me on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with not knowing what your pay will be each month?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Initial interview was round robin. dress for success and turn off your cell phone. Make sure you bring a good attitude. first impression is important. If you impress on the first you will be called in for a second one on one interview

Independent Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Appointment for interview is set by a person outside of the geographical area. The Local area manager is a whiz at numbers and could sell you a dead diseased cow for its eating value!

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate; just commitment to stick with the program.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Submitted my resume on careerbuilder and got a call from Aflac for a Two step interview process. The Group information session is with a regional coordinator and then set ups a one one interview.

Payroll Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac in January 2015.

Questionnaire given upon arrival. Applicants are then gathered into a meeting room with the expectation of being interviewed for a "Payroll Manager" position. By end of the interview it is clear there is not a position vacancy for a Payroll Manager's position and that their motive is to recruit candidates for a Aflac Sales Position.

Interview Questions

Aflac's deceitful behavior would make it difficult to ever trust them.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Upcoming Interview - Received Call from Recruitment asking to confirm appointment and wanted me to meet with regional manager .. Anxious because I don't want to do sales position.

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Benefit consultant is just another form of "sales associate". The 1st interview was a group interview. No personal questions. The guy just explains the success stories of those who took up this 100% commission sales job and supposedly were making six figures. Second interview depends on your choice. I refused it since i wasnt interested in this position

Interview Questions
    • No specific personal question - a group interview. Most questions were rhetorical "do you want to make 6 figures?" "do you want to succeed in life"   Answer Question

I'm not interested in 100% commission sales job

Benefits Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

The first interview wasn't really an interview - there were 10 of us prospective agents in a conference room listening to a presentation by a manager. And there had been a similar group before us. We got to ask questions at the end, and I think everybody had the option to go in for a second, real one-on-one interview. It was a pleasant interview, but the lack of challenging questions and being accepted right then and there makes me think everyone who wanted to come on board probably could. Nothing wrong with that, except it makes me concerned about saturation. It takes a little over $200 to pay for the pre-licensing course, the background check and the exam. It may be a great opportunity for somebody with great sales skills, but it's 100% comission-based.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really challenging. Perhaps the question about how my previous non-sales background prepared me for this type of job.   Answer Question
    Agents are not employees of the company, they are independent agents. It's 100% commission. There really isn't any room for negotiation. You do get some bonuses if you hit certain performance targets.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in December 2014.

After applying or being reached out by a recruiter, you get invited via email to come for an initial group interview and to hear more about the company and the position details. Before the presentation, you are asked to answer a questionnaire on why they should hire you, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what would your last employer say about you, why you want to work for them, what are 3 positive things about you, and what motivates you. Then everyone is asked to introduce themselves and the presentation follows with one question regarding what you already know about the company. At the end, you are allowed to ask questions and you are instructed to write down your level of interest in the position. If your interest is mutual with their interest in you, you are called back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The initial group interview is more so to give you an overview of the company, position, and realistic expectations of working in sales such as frequently hearing no. Also, the initial group interview is to assess you in comparison to the other candidates in the room.   View Answer

Intern Interview

It was a group interview. They first gave us an overview about the company and the sales position. This was the first round. I got a call for the next one for case studies but declined the offer.