Aflac

Average Difficulty
388 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – Standard interview questions. If you know how to talk and write you're mostly hired..don't expect to get too complicated with the interview since it is really not that hard. Wear your black suit and all the other interview gears and you re all set

Interview Question – There's none?   Answer Question

Appleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initially, I was approached via Email for an interview after they saw my resume posted on an internet job board. The interview itself took about an hour and a half and it was a "group" interview. There was a questionnaire asking for some information about you and why you would be a good fit for Aflac. The interviewer asked us to complete part of the questionnaire at the beginning of the interview and part of it at the end. Overall, it was an informative, pleasant experience and being interviewed with another candidate simultaneously was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit for Aflac?   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Group interview in conference room. Mentioned Manager in training position on the phone but it was post poned after the "presenters" tried to sell you on becoming a salesman.

Reason for Declining – Appeared to be a scam. Too dependent on commissions for an industry that already has too many negative view points from consumers nationwide.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview with 15 people, followed by short 1 to 1 interview with a member of the team. Didn't feel like an interview at all, in fact I still have no idea what the job actually intales. Was more like a math class/sales pitch, explaining how much they thought we could potentially make in our first year. ($50,000 to $80,000 according to them, but with an average of $22,000 on glass door at time of writing this.
We were then told we'd have a face to face interview, but told not to ask many questions as then it would take too long. When I asked about the mentoring the manager had mentioned in the "math class" I was told in clever wording that there was no such thing, but that the person sitting next to you in the office would keep an eye on you for a while.
They also require you to take a test and get a licence to legally sell insurance in California ($280 at time of writing this.) The only question asked of me in the face to face interview was "Can you afford to pay $280 for the licence."

Interview Question – Can you afford $280 for a licence to sell insurance.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This position was not what they made it to be, and less than half the income they tell you.

Independent Agent Interview

Independent Agent
Lacey, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair where I met with two recruiters, they gave me some information and flyers about the company, after I left the job fair I did my own research through glass door and other sources and decided to call for an interview, the recruiter was not available for another week. When I finally met with the recruiter I was given a presentation that would be given to a business owner, I didn't really understand the concepts too well since I had never been a business owner or had that mind set, I was given the opportunity to get the online training ( for licensing) when I asked was told I would be working with a trainer to get me up to speed quickly.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions were just those that a business owner could answer such as, would I help my employees with a payroll deduction at no cost to my business, of course I would.. But I didn't see how that fit into my job. Insurance was brand new and Greek to me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate, straight up one hundred percent commission, I just wanted to be sure I was up and running quickly

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Florence, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

Interview Details – the interview process consisted of two interviews both of mine were with the same person and asked standard questions she really stressed the importance of asking her questions during the interview. the first she explained the business and asked a few questions and the second she asked the questions. she really seemed to be upselling the business which is her job but i didnt buy into she showed me her bosses w2s as a sales trick which was well into 6 figures and told me all these stories about her success stories which did more harm than good to me i dont like feeling like im being sold on a job.

Interview Question – pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – they seemed to be trying to hard to get me to work for them also i didnt want to pay the fee for the insurance license.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Well rounded training and courses had to be took in order to set sail as an insurance sales agent. Started off with phone interview, and then was processed into a 1-on-1 interview with assistance to the CEO of the company.

Interview Question – The courses and exam had to be the most challenging part of becoming an agent.   Answer Question

Aflac Sales Associate Interview

Aflac Sales Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Aflac in January 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter will contact you. You will then interview with a group at a Regional's office. Everyone can be hired. The group interview is more like a pep rally for aflac rather than in depth questions about the potential employee. You will be asked to talk about yourself, but everyone can be hired, therefore don't sweat it.

Interview Question – There isn't one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This job is 100% commission

Sales Interview

Sales
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Decent process. Easy questions. They were kind and asked questions about my performance and knowledge of supplemental insurance. Not many questions about ethics of the job and they touched on what would be required to get licensed.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 10 years?   Answer Question

Aflac Agent Interview

Aflac Agent

I applied online and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – They hire anyone who claims that they enjoy sales or have the desire to be in sales. You just sit and talk to them, they tell you when training is and they will act very enthusiastic about you working there. You are hired on with the understanding that you will not be paid for training and you are only paid commission.

Interview Question – They were all very basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really because you are only paid on commission

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!