Aflac Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

1.8

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I got an e-mail from Aflac District Recruiter claiming they found my resume online and would like to schedule a meeting to learn more about the position. The sales manager kept me waiting for more than 20 mins. During the conversation, he gave a overview of the company and the position. Since the position is commission based, I said this does not quite fit my expectation.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Loveland, CO).

Interview

It's misleading. The title sounds nice. When I looked up the job description as a benefits coordinator, it states that the position works directly with HR. I looked at the comments for the interview process on Glassdoor, I saw that it was a group interview and that the position is in sales. All of it was true. You basically sit in a classroom-like setting, and watch a presentation and they tell you that you're your own agent/entrepreneur and you have your own schedule and you try to sell policies. Basically a bunch of Bologna! Don't get sucked in from the recruiter. This is a sales job. Someone needs to tell the company about their false job postings! Hint: I knew it wasn't legit when the manager said that they have problems with no-shows, and that an interviewee would arrive with a friend. The manager was supposed to have 10 people. 3 including myself showed up.

Interview Questions

• Are you here with the 5 o clock group?   1 Answer

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Not too difficult. Had a group interview at first, and met with the recruiter individually after. We planned a second interview for the next week, based on my interest of the position and company. The second interview was more about me, only 15 minutes. Not too difficult. What you would expect in an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, but this was no interview. This was essentially a sales pitch. There were 6 other applicants in the room and we were shown a PowerPoint presentation about Aflac. I filled out a form, but I was never asked any questions directly.

Interview Questions

• On the form I answered basic questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "Are you comfortable in a sales position?".   Answer Question

It wasn't what I expected it to be. From what I understood if I took the job I would be working on commission. It's not something I was interested in.

Sales& Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. The moderator was a Regional Director and ran through the sales pitch for Aflac. The job was explained thoroughly as well as compensation. the interview was designed to help both parties evaluate whether this position would be a good fit to move forward. You are contacted based on your interest in the position as well as the moderator's observations of your questions and behavior etc.

Interview Questions

• Whether you had an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a 1099 position and is not for everyone. Whether you had sales experience. This is not a deal breaker if the answer is no.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in July 2015.

Interview

Applied to a Craigslist ad for the internship. Got a response for an interview invite the next day. Met with Jason, the Regional Sales Coordinator, and he was very nice. Got invited for a second interview with Jenna and she was nice too! They just ask you about items on your resume, ask you to elaborate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little more about the positions you've held in your clubs? (Clubs on college campus)   Answer Question

Wanted the internship for experience (only paid $9/hour), but was offered a position at another company for more pay plus benefits and room for growth.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Cedar Falls, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was prompt. The interviewer asked pertinent questions. One question I have never understood is "What would you like to do?" It seems obvious that if I am there interviewing for a job that that is what I want to do. Nobody forces me to an interview. It is my choice.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac (Riverside, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Submit resume 2. Follow up with resume with Aflac 3. Set up interview 4. Go to interview They ask you to arrive on time approximately 10 -15 minutes before scheduled interview. The receptionist that scheduled the interview was very nice. The entire process was smooth and the interview was easy. I was offered the job that day. Unfortunately, I didn't except the offer due to it being just commission pay.

B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted after they found my resume. Was invited down to view a presentation on Aflac as a company and what makes it so great. They were very vague about the process. Got the second interview and they wanted to sign me up right there. This position is 100% comission. No salary. No Benefits.

Interview Questions

• Is money your main priority for taking this role.   1 Answer

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aflac (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

I got a call from a guy saying he saw my resume online and thought I'd be perfect for the role of benefits coordinator. I am a human resources major and I automatically assumed employee compensation and benefits position. He explained a little of what the job entailed and I didn't understand it at all and then he asked if I would be interested in setting up an interview. Stupidly I said yes and he told me it would be a great interview of four or more interviewees with a couple hiring managers. That should have been a red flag for me because group interviews almost always mean mass hirings and sales positions. I agreed to go in the next day but when I got home from work I looked into the position more and found out it was a sales job. I never showed up to the interview. He called me twice later that week to ask about how my interview went which goes to show the lack of communication in the company since I never even showed up. Haven't heard from them since.

Sales job not interested