Aflac

Updated Feb 26, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

met at a job fair at school. from there i was told to come for a group interview which was basically just a informative slide show after that i was asked back for a second interview and this is where i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • very basic standard questions nothing to far out there   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Applied online, got a call within 24 hours, set up an in person interview
    Interview was 1-on-1, about 30 minutes
    They spend a lot of time trying to sell you on the job
    At the end they told me to think it over and call back if I'm interested, and then they'd let me know if they were extending an offer, which felt a bit backwards.

Interview Questions
    • What is a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

The interviewer simply talked about the company and how they did things.

Concerning the question, he just wanted to know about my interests and what I wanted to get out of the internship.

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

In person interview where they asked questions about my degree. Then I had to go to a class and pass a licensing test which I had to pay for. The whole process took about a month

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

Hiring process took 2 weeks and i applied through university. Company contacted me through my university email to set up a 1 on 1 in person interview. Interview process was very standard.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or hard questions. Standard behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

B2B Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac.

The whole experience seemed very professional and I have no complaints. There were a total of 2 interviews before you heard whether you'd be offered the position or not. The lady that interviewed me, I had met initially at a small career fair, from there they contacted me to come in for the first interview. From how she explained it, there seemed to be an extensive training process which was comforting knowing that I wasn't going to be thrown to the wolves to sink or swim. What turned me away was the instability of not having a base salary, it was strickly commission based. She did say however that you end up making a little under 40 a year but who knows. I don't regret turning it down but am curious as to how it would have played out, Aflac provides great products an has something like 96% brand recognition. If you have an entrepreneurial mentality and are able to absorb not making much until you build a customer base..then go for it.

Interview Questions
    • Off the top of your head what are 5 words that describe yourself.   View Answer

Was no base salary, wasn't able to absorb not getting paid until I formed a customer base, which told me if I didn't perform I was expendable..no matter how nice the interview lady is.. remember that

Aflac Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in February 2015.

A recruiter contacted me by phone and email after finding my resume on a job board. She invited me to an "orientation" that next Saturday morning. It was basically a 45 minutes talk about why we (a group of about 8 of us) should work for Aflac and how we could get started and set up the interview process. Aflac seems like a very good company to work for, if you are able to take on a straight commission job to start out. The person presenting the orientation was very professional and I didn't feel pressured or like I was getting sold. I stayed after to ask questions and I will be going back on Monday for a follow-up interview.

Business/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in February 2015.

Applied online through school job list. Received a call a day later requesting an interview. Interview was very casual though short (1-2 questions)--I asked more questions than the interviewer. Was more of a small talk session than formal interview. The interviewer seemed a bit unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever encountered an obstacle in the workplace? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Benefits Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in February 2015.

I haven't had the interview yet, seeing all the comments made me not even want to waste my time with the process. I applied online and received an email saying my resume was reviewed and I would fit a certain position. That is why I am here and researching the company. A new graduate of college looking for entry level experience.

Interview Questions
    • I will come back and explain what has to be done, i could not review anymore interviews without making this so sorry for the wasted time to read.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

I was referred by an old friend, came in for a board room meeting which was followed about a week later by a one on one meeting with the Regional Sales Coordinator. He was thorough but brief and to the point, and seemed genuinely excited to have me on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with not knowing what your pay will be each month?   Answer Question