Aflac

1.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in November 2012.

Hiring manager was very disinterested. Interview took maybe 8 minutes before it was over. Hiring manager felt like the interview was a waste of his time from his handshake to him letting you out the door.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

I arrived and was placed in a conference room with 2 other candidates. Although they asked me to come in for an interview, it felt more like an information session about their branch. The meeting was not as professional as I had anticipated and had a very laissez-faire atmosphere. Essentially, they were looking to hire sales associates and were not looking to develop their human resources department.

Interview Questions
    • The only question asked was, "Tell me what you're currently studying and 3 interesting things about yourself."   View Answer

I was offered another interview but I respectfully declined. I felt that their human resources internship program was similar to administrative work (e.g. picking up the phone and answering emails).

Sales Associatees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

This company call me for an interview, I drove two hours to get there, than the person who is responsible got in a room with all other candidates and talks about how good is the company for 40 minutes and send everyone home without mention hours, compensation etc. No questions asked!!
    The recruiter followed up on the next day by email offering you to register to a class of:
     "15 hours of home studying) and exam.”
    How can you say yes to this if you don’t even know what exactly they are offering?
    No wonder why most people don’t know the type of product they offer. They are not specif about anything.

Interview Questions
    • Bad Presentation of the company with not enough information to make a decision   Answer Question

Not enough information to make a decision.

Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

The first round was with the HR manager who asked straight forward questions such as Why Aflac, Why this role? What in my previous work experience prepared me for the role? The next round was with a strategy manager who asked questions based on strategy and the kinds of strategies that companies follow. Then I was given a market sizing question

Interview Questions
    • There was a video case interview which had more numbers but was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Second Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

Multiple interviews in one day. Met with at least seven people involved in sales dept. Some of the interviews were simple conversations about general topics in an apparent attempt to see if I'd fit into the culture, others were more structured and in-depth that focused on past work experiences, strategy, goals, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions
    received offer letter with salary and relocation allowance; bonuses are reevaluated each year

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

They were quick to get back with a phone call about an interview within a few days of applying. The interview process straightforward and explained all the duties expected and responsibilities performed. The person interviewing me was very professional and explained how working with Aflac has proved to be successful and a great opportunity in his life.

District Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in February 2009.

Attend an initial Group Information Session that outlines the company, top to bottom, the job and what it entails, the compensation and training that will be offered. If selected, will be called back for a second interview. If we feel you are a good fit and can be successful with Aflac, we will offer you a position and explain what steps need to be followed.

Interview Questions
    • What one situation or hardship have you experienced in your life that you feel you were able to overcome.   Answer Question
    Associate position is 100% commission based; so negotiating is out of the question.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in January 2008.

The initial communication was an email from Human Resources advising application was accepted and being reviewed. Approximately one week later, I received an email for a scheduled interview. After the interview, I received a job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Has your integrity ever been tested, if so, explain the steps taken to validate your integrity   View Answer
    • What have you done to increase performance of existing employees?   View Answer
    No. Do not take the first thing offered. If you feel you are worth more, do not accept anything less and take into consideration if your status changes from non-exempt to exempt, because dollar/hour can increase/decrease according to # of hours required to work.

Aflac Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

The first interview is a group interview. It's somewhat of an information session. I think it is more informative than selective because it is a commission based salary - people need to understand any value Aflac might have before proceeding. The second interview is more of an interview. This is where people need to show more charisma, but also some money in order to pay for training and licensing - none of the money goes to Aflac.

There was no negotiation

Applications Developer Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac in March 2011.

The hiring and interview process was as expected. They did a thorough job of assessing skills, experience and how well of a 'fit' you might be. Aflac HR personnel were very professional and quick to respond. A+.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with web application development in a matrix environment?   View Answer
    • How would you feel about living in Columbus, GA?   View Answer