Aflac Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Murray, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager was very disinterested. Interview took maybe 8 minutes before it was over. Hiring manager felt like the interview was a waste of his time from his handshake to him letting you out the door.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac (Torrance, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I arrived and was placed in a conference room with 2 other candidates. Although they asked me to come in for an interview, it felt more like an information session about their branch. The meeting was not as professional as I had anticipated and had a very laissez-faire atmosphere. Essentially, they were looking to hire sales associates and were not looking to develop their human resources department.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked was, "Tell me what you're currently studying and 3 interesting things about yourself."   1 Answer

I was offered another interview but I respectfully declined. I felt that their human resources internship program was similar to administrative work (e.g. picking up the phone and answering emails).

Sales Associatees Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac (Waltham, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

This company call me for an interview, I drove two hours to get there, than the person who is responsible got in a room with all other candidates and talks about how good is the company for 40 minutes and send everyone home without mention hours, compensation etc. No questions asked!!
    The recruiter followed up on the next day by email offering you to register to a class of:
     "15 hours of home studying) and exam.”
    How can you say yes to this if you don’t even know what exactly they are offering?
    No wonder why most people don’t know the type of product they offer. They are not specif about anything.

Interview Questions

• Bad Presentation of the company with not enough information to make a decision   Answer Question

Not enough information to make a decision.

Strategy Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

The first round was with the HR manager who asked straight forward questions such as Why Aflac, Why this role? What in my previous work experience prepared me for the role? The next round was with a strategy manager who asked questions based on strategy and the kinds of strategies that companies follow. Then I was given a market sizing question

Interview Questions

• There was a video case interview which had more numbers but was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Market Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called by a Regional Sales Coordinator to come in and interview. The interview was very informational, and nothing like I expected from my personal internet research before.

The interview included a handful of situational type questions and got pretty personal which I enjoyed. A 2nd Interview took place where I really was able to interview them, and get all of my questions answer which was what I needed.

I took a leap of faith and felt confident doing it after I was able to educate myself on the company and its goals, how the office day-to-day looked, and met the people who would act as my team.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you pushed harder for results?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time where you faced defeat?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

Interview

They were quick to get back with a phone call about an interview within a few days of applying. The interview process straightforward and explained all the duties expected and responsibilities performed. The person interviewing me was very professional and explained how working with Aflac has proved to be successful and a great opportunity in his life.

Second Vice President Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Multiple interviews in one day. Met with at least seven people involved in sales dept. Some of the interviews were simple conversations about general topics in an apparent attempt to see if I'd fit into the culture, others were more structured and in-depth that focused on past work experiences, strategy, goals, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

received offer letter with salary and relocation allowance; bonuses are reevaluated each year

District Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac (Burbank, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Attend an initial Group Information Session that outlines the company, top to bottom, the job and what it entails, the compensation and training that will be offered. If selected, will be called back for a second interview. If we feel you are a good fit and can be successful with Aflac, we will offer you a position and explain what steps need to be followed.

Interview Questions

• What one situation or hardship have you experienced in your life that you feel you were able to overcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Associate position is 100% commission based; so negotiating is out of the question.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in January 2008.

Interview

The initial communication was an email from Human Resources advising application was accepted and being reviewed. Approximately one week later, I received an email for a scheduled interview. After the interview, I received a job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Has your integrity ever been tested, if so, explain the steps taken to validate your integrity   1 Answer
    • What have you done to increase performance of existing employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Do not take the first thing offered. If you feel you are worth more, do not accept anything less and take into consideration if your status changes from non-exempt to exempt, because dollar/hour can increase/decrease according to # of hours required to work.

Aflac Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview. It's somewhat of an information session. I think it is more informative than selective because it is a commission based salary - people need to understand any value Aflac might have before proceeding. The second interview is more of an interview. This is where people need to show more charisma, but also some money in order to pay for training and licensing - none of the money goes to Aflac.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation