Aflac

331 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Murray, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring manager was very disinterested. Interview took maybe 8 minutes before it was over. Hiring manager felt like the interview was a waste of his time from his handshake to him letting you out the door.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Human Resources Internship Interview

Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived and was placed in a conference room with 2 other candidates. Although they asked me to come in for an interview, it felt more like an information session about their branch. The meeting was not as professional as I had anticipated and had a very laissez-faire atmosphere. Essentially, they were looking to hire sales associates and were not looking to develop their human resources department.

Interview Question – The only question asked was, "Tell me what you're currently studying and 3 interesting things about yourself."   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered another interview but I respectfully declined. I felt that their human resources internship program was similar to administrative work (e.g. picking up the phone and answering emails).

Supervisor Interview

Columbus, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in January 2008.

Interview Details – The initial communication was an email from Human Resources advising application was accepted and being reviewed. Approximately one week later, I received an email for a scheduled interview. After the interview, I received a job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Has your integrity ever been tested, if so, explain the steps taken to validate your integrity   View Answer
  • What have you done to increase performance of existing employees?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Do not take the first thing offered. If you feel you are worth more, do not accept anything less and take into consideration if your status changes from non-exempt to exempt, because dollar/hour can increase/decrease according to # of hours required to work.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2013.

Interview Details – They were quick to get back with a phone call about an interview within a few days of applying. The interview process straightforward and explained all the duties expected and responsibilities performed. The person interviewing me was very professional and explained how working with Aflac has proved to be successful and a great opportunity in his life.

Interview Question – "Can you motivate yourself to succeed?"   Answer Question

District Sales Coordinator Interview

District Sales Coordinator
Burbank, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in February 2009.

Interview Details – Attend an initial Group Information Session that outlines the company, top to bottom, the job and what it entails, the compensation and training that will be offered. If selected, will be called back for a second interview. If we feel you are a good fit and can be successful with Aflac, we will offer you a position and explain what steps need to be followed.

Interview Question – What one situation or hardship have you experienced in your life that you feel you were able to overcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Associate position is 100% commission based; so negotiating is out of the question.

Aflac Agent Interview

Aflac Agent
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview is a group interview. It's somewhat of an information session. I think it is more informative than selective because it is a commission based salary - people need to understand any value Aflac might have before proceeding. The second interview is more of an interview. This is where people need to show more charisma, but also some money in order to pay for training and licensing - none of the money goes to Aflac.

Interview Question – Why should you become an Aflac agent?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Applications Developer Digital Marketing Interview

Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aflac in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was as expected. They did a thorough job of assessing skills, experience and how well of a 'fit' you might be. Aflac HR personnel were very professional and quick to respond. A+.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with web application development in a matrix environment?   View Answer
  • How would you feel about living in Columbus, GA?   View Answer

Second Vice President Sales Interview

Columbus, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews in one day. Met with at least seven people involved in sales dept. Some of the interviews were simple conversations about general topics in an apparent attempt to see if I'd fit into the culture, others were more structured and in-depth that focused on past work experiences, strategy, goals, strengths, etc.

Interview Question – Don't recall the most difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – received offer letter with salary and relocation allowance; bonuses are reevaluated each year

Broker Services Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aflac in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very straighforward, conversational, situational type questions focusing on my experience and previous employment.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky, just asked how I would fit in the role as described in the job description.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – one round interview

Interview Question – What's is your role model in life ?
How do you handle conflict
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac interview questions and advice. All 331 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees and interview candidates.