Aflac

380 candidate interviews

Aflac Sales Associate Interview

Aflac Sales Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Aflac in January 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter will contact you. You will then interview with a group at a Regional's office. Everyone can be hired. The group interview is more like a pep rally for aflac rather than in depth questions about the potential employee. You will be asked to talk about yourself, but everyone can be hired, therefore don't sweat it.

Interview Question – There isn't one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This job is 100% commission

Sales Interview

Sales
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Decent process. Easy questions. They were kind and asked questions about my performance and knowledge of supplemental insurance. Not many questions about ethics of the job and they touched on what would be required to get licensed.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 10 years?   Answer Question

Aflac Agent Interview

Aflac Agent

I applied online and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – They hire anyone who claims that they enjoy sales or have the desire to be in sales. You just sit and talk to them, they tell you when training is and they will act very enthusiastic about you working there. You are hired on with the understanding that you will not be paid for training and you are only paid commission.

Interview Question – They were all very basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really because you are only paid on commission

Mount Juliet, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed first with the person who would be my District Sales Coordinator and mentor in the company. The second interview was with the Regional Sales Coordinator. They asked what I consider basic questions. I was very honest and open in my responses and reservations about commission sales.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 5, what do you feel your fit is with Aflac?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Consider if you are willing to work for commissions and bonuses only. It may take a month or more to make your first sale and receive money.

Westminster, CO

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – The interview was easy and pleasant. But before you get hired, you have to pass a test which costs $100. The office and the managers were nice and promising. The location is very close to everything and there is enough parking.

Interview Question – That one has to get a licence before you can start working with Aflac.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Bel Air, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in February 2012.

Interview Details – All you have to do is go in there and listen. Everything that they say is common knowledge and they never ask any question. They over sold their product from day one.

Interview Question – they ask rhetorical questions about supply and demand, they seemed to be selling you their product and not really a job.   Answer Question

Coordinator In Training Interview

Coordinator In Training
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. Aflac will hire almost anyone for a sales position but only the best candidates for the job will make it past the first year. You are required to get licensed in Accident and Health. They will follow-up with you while you are studying for the test. There are about 2-3 months of daily trainings in the morning to get new agents up to speed.

Interview Question – There are none. If you can write your name you will get the job.   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Scheduled for the first interview at a university career fair. Never received a job description even after requesting one. The first interview was just a basic overview of resume. Second interview was more detailed questions about the company, career goals, why you want to work for them and why how this position fits into your career goals.

Interview Question – Not difficult just a little misleading   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant Interview

Benefits Consultant

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of the interview process. The first round is basically a presentation of their company. It's conducted in a group setting. The only thing that they asked us to do was to answer a few questions on paper. And then they will see if you are going to called in for a second interview. I did, and the interview was really easy. They were really just trying to persuade you to take the internship.

Interview Question – How much do you want to make   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seems like everyone got an offer

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call initiated contact. Group interview then personal interview. Lots of information on commission structure, market, success stories, etc. given in interview, along with requirements to get insurance license. Office space was nice. Second interview, met with two lead management members after my normal work hours. Very accommodating. Also informed there would be a training school I would have to attend in Santa Monica after getting my license. Training school was very informative and well done.

Interview Question – Do you currently have contacts you can use to further your success?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. This is a fixed commission schedule. It has many levels, splits and other confusing twists and turns, but makes sense, and seems fair after being with Aflac a while.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!