Aflac

1.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Found the internship through my university's database. We set up an appointment. Interview went by quickly, I soon discovered that the person interviewing me just wanted to make sure I looked professional and I could speak professionally. No challenging questions. The most important thing is to research the company so that you can give a thorough response when they ask you about what you know. Interview was not worth the stress beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a business owner why might you want Aflac insurance for your employees?   View Answer
    Pay is commission based.

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Came across the Aflac table my University's career fair. Gave them my resume and they called me the next day.
    The interview was easy, but not the best experience I've had. The first fifteen minutes were standard asking me about things on my resume and my plans for the future. After that my interviewer spent the next hour and a half doing a sales pitch of the position with a powerpoint presentation. Not the best first impression for an interview considering 90% of the stuff he talked about I already knew from doing prior research. Like most I'm not ignorant enough to go into an interview without researching at the very least the most basic facts about the company.
    Overall nice guy but the interview was a bit one sided.

Interview Questions
    • "If I had lunch with your two best friends what would they say your best and worst qualities are?"   Answer Question

Business-to-business Sales/Marketing Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

I was contacted via email and I had an informational interview with them. They promoted how much money the best people made and they described the insurance that we would be selling. The position was a completely commissioned based position with no base pay. I declined because the position was not for me.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Questions
    • I will attend the interview tomorrow. Not sure and looking at all you guys wrote before. Hope it will be fine.It seems that this company is really great. It's far away from my home so I have to take bus to go, which make me not want to go.   View Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

It was informative but I'm still not to confident in the opportunity. I was left with uncertainty of my salary. I do not want to join and not make any money

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate

Safety Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Initially contacted for a sales position. I told the recruiter I was in no way interested in sales. She said that I should come anyway because they have other positions available that she would like to discuss with me... I get down there, and it's a cattle call for sales positions. There were no other positions. This was a complete waste of time and gas. I do not like being mislead.

Aflac Agent Interview

Extremely simple two part interview process. They will hire anyone, no LITERALLY ANYONE. If you wee not recruited by a specific manager then the individual meeting is important to decide what sort of team you will be placed on

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

I had 7 interviews in one day, back to back with 10 people. I was out of state so I guess they wanted to make sure I was a good fit

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. the offer met my expecations and I accepted

Financial Advisor Interview

Very easy interview you walk in and they just try to sell you the job and company, no technical questions be aware that this is fully 100% commission and they want you to sell to friends and family which I was not interested in, If you want sales experience this would not be a bad option for you.

Need salary

Accounting Specialist II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in October 2014.

I search for Aflac recruiter on Linkedin and started to cold email them with my resume. One of the recruiters contacted me back, asking me to come in for an info session. She asked me a couple of questions about my experience, advised me about a job that would fit best for me. I followed her direction, got an interview with the head of the Finance department the next week.
    It was a very relaxed interview, nothing too difficult. All the questions were behavioral questions, so be prepare. They called me back the next day and offer me the job. But from my experience, it's easier if you know somebody who work there. I know a couple of high up managers and they all give me good reference.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you came up with a process or procedure to solve a problem
      Tell me about a time your technology ability help you achieve your goal
      Tell me about a time you set a goal but were surrounded with obstacles and how you overcome them
      Tell me how you would make sure that you get everything done while still attend every meeting

Answer Question