Aflac

1.8

Benefit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac in November 2014.

I applied for a benefit coordinator that was not clearly a sales position ( I have 20 years of analyst background, a security clearance and speak three languages fluently). I was very excited when I was contacted by a recruiter and an interview was set. One day before the interview, I did some checking on line for the position and I saw that so many people complained about being mislead into going to the interview just to find out that they are interviewing for a sales position, so I called the recruiter to make sure that this was not a sales position as I have been getting calls and emails from a list of insurance companies to sell. She was hesitant first, she asked me " well, what position did you applied for?"
    I answered "Benefit Coordinator" she said " yes that's a sales position", I said "no the job duties clearly indicated that this is not a sales position". she said" well, that job has been filled already". I couldn't believe it. Then she said, "well we like people with no sales experience so we can train them our way".
    Well, that may be OK, but misleading desperate applicant's its NOT. I believe the position I applied for never even existed, its just a way of luring applicant's in. All they had to do was be honest. I'm very disappointed in AFLAC.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in November 2014.

The huring process began by inviting me for various positions. This included a position of a benefits consultant and also as a supervisor position. After talking with them on the telephone that I was only interested in permanent job offers than independent ones, they invited me nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • I was curteously denied an interview when arriving at the Offices of Aflac. They insisted that my clothes were not up to the style they preferred. I have never in my career encountered a denial of an interview despite the fact that I wore a very decent outfit.   Answer Question

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

The initial interview: There should have been disclosures about real dollar costs like office and supplies cost sharing as well as footing the cost of your travel to training, including lodging if you don't want to partner up with someone you don't know.

The follow up: I was asked to prepare questions for a follow up call, but in retrospect it seemed an in-genuine gesture to be able to say one was allowed to ask questions. Well, if one is unaware of the breadth and depth of the onboarding, then how relevant would are those questions? Answer, they aren't.

The reality: If you can't tolerate months without an income or with a very minimal income, since there is no financial support from AFLAC during months of training, all while paying out the cost of business, this is not the opportunity for you. I couldn't so I left before starting school.

The outcome: Bitter acceptance from the recruiter. I'm happy with my decision to leave. I did pass my state exam and get my license.

Since you are a 1099 independent contractor responsible for footing all of your own business expenses including travel and supplies for training, negotiations don't really exist.

Independent Agent Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac in November 2014.

Most of the interview feels more like a sales pitch than an interview. It is only on the second interview that they really started asking questions about me, even then, the interview was more focused on the position itself.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing they asked was difficult, all very standard questions   Answer Question

I did not feel like I would have adequate support to start up. They had promised me they were going to look into some information regarding my situation and never got back to me. Did not think they were invested in me as a person as much as they are invested in getting bodies out into the field.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in November 2014.

I submitted an application online and was scheduled for an interview within a few days. Interviewed onsite with the Client Relations Supervisor. The majority of the questions were structured behavioral type. The interviewer was very welcoming and did a good job of putting me at ease. I didn't receive an offer but overall I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a particular job or task that if you never have to do it again, you would be okay.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in November 2014.

I applied by giving my resume to the reps at the Aflac booth at my school's career fair and received a call to schedule an interview about five weeks later, with the interview being a week after that. I was told I was being interviewed by the Regional Director, but ended up meeting with a current intern instead. The interview was easy enough, basic questions, nothing that caught me off guard. Examples: "Tell me about yourself", "What do you know about Aflac?", "Why do you want to intern here?". I didn't receive an offer but the internship wasn't really what I was looking for anyway. I was looking for an actuarial internship and this was more of a "general business internship" (the interviewer's words), and was unpaid.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Found the internship through my university's database. We set up an appointment. Interview went by quickly, I soon discovered that the person interviewing me just wanted to make sure I looked professional and I could speak professionally. No challenging questions. The most important thing is to research the company so that you can give a thorough response when they ask you about what you know. Interview was not worth the stress beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a business owner why might you want Aflac insurance for your employees?   View Answer
    Pay is commission based.

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Came across the Aflac table my University's career fair. Gave them my resume and they called me the next day.
    The interview was easy, but not the best experience I've had. The first fifteen minutes were standard asking me about things on my resume and my plans for the future. After that my interviewer spent the next hour and a half doing a sales pitch of the position with a powerpoint presentation. Not the best first impression for an interview considering 90% of the stuff he talked about I already knew from doing prior research. Like most I'm not ignorant enough to go into an interview without researching at the very least the most basic facts about the company.
    Overall nice guy but the interview was a bit one sided.

Interview Questions
    • "If I had lunch with your two best friends what would they say your best and worst qualities are?"   Answer Question

Business-to-business Sales/Marketing Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

I was contacted via email and I had an informational interview with them. They promoted how much money the best people made and they described the insurance that we would be selling. The position was a completely commissioned based position with no base pay. I declined because the position was not for me.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Questions
    • I will attend the interview tomorrow. Not sure and looking at all you guys wrote before. Hope it will be fine.It seems that this company is really great. It's far away from my home so I have to take bus to go, which make me not want to go.   View Answer