Aflac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got call from a recruiter two weeks later after I summit my application, phone interview is easy. Questions focus on sales-oriented Qs. Still waiting for the next phase of interview.

Regional Administrative Assistant Interview

Regional Administrative Assistant
Bronx, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aflac in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired based on my internship experience. My recruiting tentative agent was very good.

Interview Question – There where no questions that were difficult. I even took the pre-licensing course to become a licensed agent still have to take the State Exam though   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Was contacted to set up an initial in person interview with insurance sales manager. Went in for the interview which took about 30 minutes. The initial meeting was a lot about understanding the business model they offer. Show that you have done your research and you have some knowledge about the healthcare industry.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in sales?   Answer Question

Executive Associate Interview

Executive Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is bull. If you look at the people who walk into the first interview, which is an hour long info session educating me about how wonderful Aflac is, then you will be able to see what type of standards they hold for this position. The email sent prior to this "first interview" clearly states to arrive twenty minutes early and to wear business attire (no jeans), yet when I was sitting in the office waiting for my second interview, two people walked in late and one guy walked in with baggy jeans. Also, some of these people were very old and not exactly ideal to be sales associates for insurance...Anyways, they hand out the second interview like candy but make it seem like some people won't get it with only 3 questions: can you afford to get an insurance license ($270), is there anything in your background (criminal) that could hinder you getting a license, do you have transportation? After only answering these 3 questions, I was handed a second interview. During my second interview, I was very unsatisfied with the professionalism or lack thereof, that there was in my interview. The district manager left my interview 3 times to "take care of something" and texted on his phone twice while I was answering his questions. Now what makes him think I would want to work for someone like this? He asked me questions about my resume for maybe 5-10 minutes and then moved on to talking about what I would do for the job as if he offered it to me already. It seemed like he was trying to sell the job again. Do not even go for this unless you really, truly want to sell insurance. It's all commission based and the same job description for this title is also under other titles for Aflac. So it's the same job, but different names.

Interview Question – Why did you study the subjects you majored in in college?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company was very unprofessional, standard was low, and seemed like a sketch job to take on.

Independent Agent Representing Aflac Interview

Independent Agent Representing Aflac
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aflac in June 2011.

Interview Details – The call to set the interview was professional and the lady was a great closer. The District Sales Coordinator was a great sales guy too. It was a group interview and I was really the only business person to arrive. Others were customer service reps who had no shot at being a successful agent. There was a brief presentation about the company and training following distribution of a personality/aptitude questionnaire. The DSC pretty much focused his discussions with me.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You pass the licensing exams, you get to accept the contract they use for everyone.

Sales/Marketing Intern Interview

Sales/Marketing Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round: info session & written questions
2nd round: group internview

Interview Question – Not difficult   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – The interview was conducted as a group. It really was not even an interview. It was more of a sales pitch.

Interview Question – How would you convince a hesitant client to buy your insurance?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to go the route of sales.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent
Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of seven people and not one on one, I was called by them to go into office for an interview. It turned out to be a presentation to us about the company and all the great benefits and money you can earn there, such as free trips here and there, stocks and commission. At the end we were told there were two positions available at a time when in fact it looked like they will hire just everybody there.

Reason for Declining – Not job for me.

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – They found my name through a list of candidates they received from monster or indeed. Cold caller reached out to me to schedule an interview. Once I went, I was informed it was a 100% commission based job selling insurance.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Business to Business Insurance Sales Associate Interview

Business to Business Insurance Sales Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two interviews, the first one is a group interview where they go over what they are as well as what they are looking for. If you want a second interview you can schedule now ,most people leave. The second interview is really easy.Really laid back ,they tell you if you got the job if you did you have to pay for there insurance test prep class that day 7-10 later take test get fingerprinted and pick up your license.

Interview Question – They ask what the word sales means to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. They get paged to hire new associates I don't think they really care who you are where you come from if you can hold a conversation and don't appear nervous then you are fine. Just be approachable