Aflac

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

1.8

Sales and Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

I found out about this opportunity through a career fair. The representative was very friendly and personable. She answered my questions and scheduled me for an interview on the spot. The interview; however, was not conducted by the representative. The interviewer was the owner, he was friendly and explained the internship responsibilities well but was not interested in myself in particular for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • He put a lot of emphasis on the job, not many questions about me.   Answer Question

Not the right job for me.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

Alfac has a very lengthy interview process. You come in for a preliminary interview that is supposed to be with the hiring manager. However, they did not tell me until I arrived that it was just an informational session to learn about the company and what you as a sales agent is expected to do. It was a group of 8 attending the session. After the informational, I was invited back for a second in person interview. I liked what I heard until I found out before being offered the job I would have to pay for the class/session to be able to sell insurance in the state of NC. This is up front money that you have to pay and Alfac however, does not reimburse these funds. If you are a good agent then you'll make your money back.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the top reasons for wanting to join the Alfac? If hired, what would be your strengths to the company.   Answer Question

I did not like how much I would have to spend in order to get licensed to sell insurance and that I would not be reimbursed by Alfac.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

This process was pretty simple, you walk in and greet a manager, the manager ask a few questions, once you say your interested, your hired. This process is pretty none stressful, be yourself and your surely to get the job. They just want to get the feel for your personality, you will get the job even if you bomb at the interview. They are trying to build a team that going to go out and increase management revenue as well as your small fee.

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

Don't fool yourself, they will hire anyone who can pass the insurance exam and is willing to work for no base/commission . They interview about 30 people a week in our office and have hired over 150 since Jan (but most don't stay). It's a great sales pitch they give you. But you may want to look at the average salaries posted on here. If you can live on 1000-2000 a month, go for it. BTW the insurance exam is not easy. They tell you at the interview that you can study and pass in 2 weeks. Most people take 3-4 weeks. New agents feed the machine. You can't look at the CIT's salaries to represent what you will make because they are given business by the DSC for compensation for training new sales agents.
     If they contacted you, and you want to check them out, make sure to research to see if there is a office closer to your home because you will need to go to meetings or training 5 days a week.

Interview Questions
    Unless you know a lot of business owners this job is fruitless.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

I went to a job fair, when I First saw the aflac table I did not know what they did other than some kind of insurance. The lady was nice and there was a big white duck on the table, she didn't go into detail or give me any information on what i was signing up for so i gave her my resume and politely moved on and forgot about her and her big white duck. roughly a week later I get a call about for an interview, but realized shortly it was not the only applicant attending. Bobby spoke on the accident insurance and asked what we thought, and if it could be helpful or needed by people. I agreed wholeheartedly that it could indeed help a lot of people. He told us to think about it and pray to god if this is the route to go. I prayed and gave it to god. Roughly a week or so later i got another call for a second interview, this one on one interview went quickly asked a few questions then offered the position. I accepted

Interview Questions
    Ask about hours pay rate and benefits I forgot to ask and found out the hard way.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Group interview in conference room. Mentioned Manager in training position on the phone but it was post poned after the "presenters" tried to sell you on becoming a salesman.

Appeared to be a scam. Too dependent on commissions for an industry that already has too many negative view points from consumers nationwide.

Sales Associate Interview

Standard interview questions. If you know how to talk and write you're mostly hired..don't expect to get too complicated with the interview since it is really not that hard. Wear your black suit and all the other interview gears and you re all set

Executive Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

A representative of the company emailed me saying they had found my resume on Monster.com, that I possessed some of the skills that matched a position they were looking to fill, and asked if I was available to come in for an informational meeting this week. I accepted right away via email asking when specifically they were hoping to schedule and giving my availability for the rest of the week. Within a few hours, I received a call to schedule, but no details about the exact position available. I received a follow up email with address, parking instructions and a confirmation of date and time of my scheduled meeting. The following day, I received another email reminding me of the time and date and expected dress code, etc. Day of the meeting, after reading reviews of former employees on Glassdoor, I decided to call to ascertain the precise nature of the position to ensure it was not a sales job. My call was answered by a receptionist but she assured me that the assistant would call or email me back to give me more details. I did not hear back within 3 hours, so I followed up with an email. I still had not heard anything when I received yet another reminder email. I replied to this message asking if the assistant had received my previous email asking about the job specifics. She outlined the responsibilities thusly: "you will be corresponding with the businesses that we have existing relations to as I stated before. You will be managing and processing their accounts and helping them with any issues that they may come across." However, when I arrived, I was ushered into a room with several other candidates and we were essentially then pitched on why Aflac was a great company and how great our earnings potential was if we SOLD their insurance. Bait and switch! I left before they got to the one-on-one portion of the meeting.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

Group interview with 15 people, followed by short 1 to 1 interview with a member of the team. Didn't feel like an interview at all, in fact I still have no idea what the job actually intales. Was more like a math class/sales pitch, explaining how much they thought we could potentially make in our first year. ($50,000 to $80,000 according to them, but with an average of $22,000 on glass door at time of writing this.
    We were then told we'd have a face to face interview, but told not to ask many questions as then it would take too long. When I asked about the mentoring the manager had mentioned in the "math class" I was told in clever wording that there was no such thing, but that the person sitting next to you in the office would keep an eye on you for a while.
    They also require you to take a test and get a licence to legally sell insurance in California ($280 at time of writing this.) The only question asked of me in the face to face interview was "Can you afford to pay $280 for the licence."

Interview Questions

This position was not what they made it to be, and less than half the income they tell you.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Palma, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Palma, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

Applied online, process took a couple days before interview was scheduled. I showed up to the interview early and noticed several other interview candidates there as well. I was asked to fill out a short personality test and read info about the company. Upon waiting over an hour in the lobby with the other candidates, we were eventually ushered into a conference room where it appeared a presentation was going to take place. Another ten minutes went by and I left because I was going to be late for another appointment. I was extremely disappointed with how late the interviewer/presenter was as I basically wasted over 45 minutes to get to the interview (which wasn't even going to be an interview) and another hour and ten minutes once I got there. A company that does not value punctuality is not a company I want to work for.