Aflac Sales Agent Interview Questions

1.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Palma, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Palma, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

Applied online, process took a couple days before interview was scheduled. I showed up to the interview early and noticed several other interview candidates there as well. I was asked to fill out a short personality test and read info about the company. Upon waiting over an hour in the lobby with the other candidates, we were eventually ushered into a conference room where it appeared a presentation was going to take place. Another ten minutes went by and I left because I was going to be late for another appointment. I was extremely disappointed with how late the interviewer/presenter was as I basically wasted over 45 minutes to get to the interview (which wasn't even going to be an interview) and another hour and ten minutes once I got there. A company that does not value punctuality is not a company I want to work for.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in March 2009.

I manager called me to schedule an interview and for me to fax my resume.....when i arrived for the interview they showed me a presentation on the company and explained that i would have to pretty much pay to work there and that didnt rest to well with me cause i felt like they wasnt interested in investing in there employess

Interview Questions
    • asked me if i was willing to work and not be compensated for my efforts...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in September 2008.

One easy interview. They accept anyone motivated to sell. There are many agents, so only the most motivated and skilled will succeed. About 90% do not make it. Great Personality and determination are the best skills for the job. Need to be able to take rejection.

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in November 2011.

First I went in for a presentation. It was OK; got a fair amount of info on the company. The next day I went in for a one on one interview with the regional manager. He didn't ask me any questions about myself or my qualifications so apparently he didn't care to get to know me or see if I was a good fit before offering me a job. He just answered questions I had by rambling on about his experiences with the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked of me. The was the problem.   View Answer

The interviewer didn't try to find out anything about me. That set off warning signals. Also, the compensation for the job is 100% commission or bonus based with no guaranteed money or benefits. I would have had to pay for my insurance license out of pocket. And it would have been all cold calling or knocking on doors. Not very appealing.

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in August 2011.

Received an initial email asking me to interview with AFLAC. Looked on-line at AFLAC and saw the numerous awards for a great place to work and being an ethical company. So I went to the interview. It was pleasant, cordial and professional. I thought I was interviewing for a sales position working for AFLAC.

Interview Questions

In reality I was interviewing to be a sales agent (not an employee of AFLAC). 100% commission based, no reimbursement for expenses including licensing fees. I did feel mislead since the interview centered on working for AFLAC and the potential business in the area. Only after reading the Glassdoor and asking some questions of Aflac did I realize what was occurring. I believe many people have it right when they say it's a giant pyramid scheme. According to the AFLAC rep i spoke with, all sales and sales management are 1099'ed. All sales management get a commission from the sales of the people they hire and so on. It also appears that their sales strategy is just to pile on people. Not for everyone.

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in January 2010.

Overall experience was nice, the lead sales agent interviewed me upon first contact over the phone. He had noticed my resume on a job search website, and he thought I would make a great fit for their company. I had never thought about going in to any sales role since I am a management person, however, being laid off at the time, I thought I would at least hear what they had to offer. The phone interview was the basic questions, such as would you be interested? and do you have any experience? and so on, experience is not what they look for since they will train you, the only answer he is looking for here is Yes you are interested.

Next was the face to face- this is a two step (meaning 2 seperate interviews on different days) process.
    The first interview he ask what do you know about Aflac? my answer was the duck and that is all I know, he said of course, that is what most people know. then he went on to explain more about the company, and gave me all kinds of info on it. Almost as if he was trying to sell me Aflac insurance.
    Then he just asked some basic questions again, such as what drives me? what do I look for in a career? what would motivate me? how do I see myself in 5 years? what income am I looking for?
    The main object is really be truthful, there is no real true answer to what he is asking, it is just a matter of trying to get to know your personaility and if you are trainable or not.

The 2nd interview comes if you pass the first, this part is more of training talk and again basic questions like how your family would support you in this job, how you would motivate your self to work each day (since you are unsupervised). Then once you disguss these things, the training comes up, and licensing. You have to pay for your state test and fees, which came to about 400 or so. If this is no problem for you, then he will tell you he will call you in a day or so and let you know one way or another.

I of course got a call saying I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are good for this company?   View Answer
    • What would you consider to be your ideal career?   View Answer

I declined, simply because I just do not think sales is where I am at this point in life. I just did not or do not want to go that route. It is not for everyone and it for sure is not for me.