Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aflac in March 2015.

Very informal, did not say in email that is was a commission based job. They asked you what you were looking for then split people up into twos and basically said it is a commission based salaey only. Should have said that in their email so it was not a waste of my time.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in March 2015.

Two interview process. The first interview was a group interview very vague., none of my questions was answered : like how much job pay or do we find clients or is it provided. Second interview i found out it was full commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

met at a job fair at school. from there i was told to come for a group interview which was basically just a informative slide show after that i was asked back for a second interview and this is where i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • very basic standard questions nothing to far out there   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in February 2015.

3 steps in the interview process :
    1st one was an interview with the owner of the franchise who was very straightforward about what he was looking for. People with a business owner's mentality who wouldn't be scared to talk and engage with other business owners
    2 nd step was an interview with business owner to explain what the contract is about (was very clear abut independent contract status), the role of sales associate and sales coordinator/trainer. I was also presented expectations and the effort (number of appointments) required to come up with a $25000 commission per quarter.
    3 rd step was conversation with a trainer to explain how you are trained.
    Then, it was up to me to decide. Basically, I understand that you bear the risk and costs as the independent contractor. Aflac provides marketing material and training. Now up to me to decide whether the risk is worth the opportunity...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What keeps you going ?
      What income do you need?
      What are your goals ?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in February 2015.

The interview was basically held with multiple candidates. Then from there it was a get to know you type of interview and then they told you about their company and what you would be responsible for doing. From there they decided on who they would call back for second interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Guess where another person next to you were from. Local or another place.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac in February 2015.

The interview process was a series of three interviews. The first one was an individual interview and went smoothly; the interviewer was friendly and asked good questions. The second interview was a group interview and included a presentation and a chance to ask questions. If you were invited to a third, it was because you got the job. The third interview was to get licensing sorted out.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in January 2015.

First an email, then a group presentation with about 10 applicants. Then a one on one interview with a mgr. who was great and explained everything to me. He showed me around the place where I saw a lot of awards for top salespeople as we as a wall that had contest info and where everyone was in the contest.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I was OK with not making a lot of money for a couple months until I build my book.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in December 2014.

After applying or being reached out by a recruiter, you get invited via email to come for an initial group interview and to hear more about the company and the position details. Before the presentation, you are asked to answer a questionnaire on why they should hire you, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what would your last employer say about you, why you want to work for them, what are 3 positive things about you, and what motivates you. Then everyone is asked to introduce themselves and the presentation follows with one question regarding what you already know about the company. At the end, you are allowed to ask questions and you are instructed to write down your level of interest in the position. If your interest is mutual with their interest in you, you are called back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The initial group interview is more so to give you an overview of the company, position, and realistic expectations of working in sales such as frequently hearing no. Also, the initial group interview is to assess you in comparison to the other candidates in the room.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was easy, it was a group interview. Then you get a call 48 hours later for second interview. Then I realized its commission based pay only. Great people who coordinated everything.

Commission only pay

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

They seemed to hire anyone with a pulse anybody who walked it pretty much was assumed to be taken on as an employee. The meeting was short, about an hour. There were a few consecutive meetings, and about 20 people in a single group interview. It was a positive interview, all telling the great things about Aflac.