Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Macon, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Two interviews took place. The first with the District Sales Coordinator covering the details of the offer and basic information. During the second interview we went over the details of compensation and the ins and outs of the job and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about sales in general? How do you feel about cold calling? Comission?   Answer Question
  • General tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

contacted by the phone to set up the interview

Interview Questions

• it was all straight forward,regarding future goals,and reloaction issues.   Answer Question

i got another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewer was very plesant and made me feel very comfortable. The position was not what I was interested in.

Not looking for a sales position

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Durham, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

The mass recruitment process through employment sites like careerbuilder feed many into the system but the success rate among the hired is less than 1%. That being said, the interview process was thorough and the contracting process was well organized and efficient. The intent is to allow new associates to exploit existing social contacts to get started then learn good business approach and cold calling practices to maintain a low but steady income. Mass recruitment feeds a percentage of sales to middle management encouraging them to keep the hiring going despite a high failure rate among employees and an investment of time and licensing fees.

Interview Questions

• Explain how an independent work opportunity lead to a past business success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard contract with no negotiation available. All commissions are standardized but they do offer an up front commission inducement for new agents just getting started.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was not difficult, why do you want to work here, what type of person are you, blah blah blah. The group interview was a little strange as all of the people were very different. I think one guy was asleep for most of the time. But the 1:1 interview was much more formal and professional. Very comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Tallahassee, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was basically held with multiple candidates. Then from there it was a get to know you type of interview and then they told you about their company and what you would be responsible for doing. From there they decided on who they would call back for second interviews.

Interview Questions

• Guess where another person next to you were from. Local or another place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First Interview was a group setting about the company. I found this to be interesting to see if this was something that I wanted to pursue further. Second Interview was a one on one. The manager told me also how he got his start with the company and with hard work has his own agency.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working hard to make a lot of money.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Beaverton, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a series of three interviews. The first one was an individual interview and went smoothly; the interviewer was friendly and asked good questions. The second interview was a group interview and included a presentation and a chance to ask questions. If you were invited to a third, it was because you got the job. The third interview was to get licensing sorted out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked if I had any experience in sales. There were very nice I was a bit skeptical. In order to get the job you have to pass the test.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

This was a two-part interview process. The first step I was invited to an interview and met with the Regional Sales Coordinator. I wasn't aware ahead of time, but it was a group interview that was a basic introduction to Aflac. We weren't directly asked any questions by the RSC, but we did fill out a paper with a few basic questions. Then I was invited the next day to schedule a one-on-one interview. This went over a lot of the same information as before, but then I was asked questions on my experience, and was given a chance to ask more questions. I was invited to join Aflac as a sales associate on the spot. After that was the process of getting my Accident & Health license, which took a little over a week and involved a background check, online class, proctored exam, and a state exam before it was all finished.

Interview Questions

• How my previous experience (which wasn't in sales) prepared me for a sales position.   Answer Question