Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in December 2014.

Interview

After applying or being reached out by a recruiter, you get invited via email to come for an initial group interview and to hear more about the company and the position details. Before the presentation, you are asked to answer a questionnaire on why they should hire you, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what would your last employer say about you, why you want to work for them, what are 3 positive things about you, and what motivates you. Then everyone is asked to introduce themselves and the presentation follows with one question regarding what you already know about the company. At the end, you are allowed to ask questions and you are instructed to write down your level of interest in the position. If your interest is mutual with their interest in you, you are called back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. The initial group interview is more so to give you an overview of the company, position, and realistic expectations of working in sales such as frequently hearing no. Also, the initial group interview is to assess you in comparison to the other candidates in the room.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Juliet, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Mount Juliet, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed first with the person who would be my District Sales Coordinator and mentor in the company. The second interview was with the Regional Sales Coordinator. They asked what I consider basic questions. I was very honest and open in my responses and reservations about commission sales.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5, what do you feel your fit is with Aflac?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider if you are willing to work for commissions and bonuses only. It may take a month or more to make your first sale and receive money.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 steps in the interview process : 1st one was an interview with the owner of the franchise who was very straightforward about what he was looking for. People with a business owner's mentality who wouldn't be scared to talk and engage with other business owners 2 nd step was an interview with business owner to explain what the contract is about (was very clear abut independent contract status), the role of sales associate and sales coordinator/trainer. I was also presented expectations and the effort (number of appointments) required to come up with a $25000 commission per quarter. 3 rd step was conversation with a trainer to explain how you are trained. Then, it was up to me to decide. Basically, I understand that you bear the risk and costs as the independent contractor. Aflac provides marketing material and training. Now up to me to decide whether the risk is worth the opportunity...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What keeps you going ? What income do you need? What are your goals ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in January 2015.

Interview

First an email, then a group presentation with about 10 applicants. Then a one on one interview with a mgr. who was great and explained everything to me. He showed me around the place where I saw a lot of awards for top salespeople as we as a wall that had contest info and where everyone was in the contest.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was OK with not making a lot of money for a couple months until I build my book.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Group interview in conference room. Mentioned Manager in training position on the phone but it was post poned after the "presenters" tried to sell you on becoming a salesman.

Appeared to be a scam. Too dependent on commissions for an industry that already has too many negative view points from consumers nationwide.

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Appleton, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially, I was approached via Email for an interview after they saw my resume posted on an internet job board. The interview itself took about an hour and a half and it was a "group" interview. There was a questionnaire asking for some information about you and why you would be a good fit for Aflac. The interviewer asked us to complete part of the questionnaire at the beginning of the interview and part of it at the end. Overall, it was an informative, pleasant experience and being interviewed with another candidate simultaneously was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for Aflac?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

Interview

1st "Interview" is pitch about Aflac, 2nd interview is with a real person and professional, ask lots of relevant questions so you don't get any unpleasant surprizes down the road....

Not for me.

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac (Foster City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got call from a recruiter two weeks later after I summit my application, phone interview is easy. Questions focus on sales-oriented Qs. Still waiting for the next phase of interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Interview

was done in a group setting

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

They called me out of the blue, said they found my resume online and invited me in to discuss the position with their district coordinator. I went in a week later and the DC discussed compensation, the day to day duties of the position, and the opportunity for growth. They then collected resumes and I heard from them not too long after that they wanted to bring me in, so I took the position.