Aflac

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited on line after posting my resume on Career Builders. I then called and was given a time for my first interview, which turned our to be a group affair. I then scheduled a one on one. I made it through that well and then waas sent up in the computer. Also given licensing and testing information.

Interview Question – Why are you considering AFLAC?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2007.

Interview Details – The interviewer was nice and very honest. He was a Sales Manager, and told it like it was. Recruiters will often sway you with your potential income, but there is no starting salary. Everything you make is off of commission. At the same time, they tell you the truth about all the cold calling you're going to have to do. Cold calling is not for everyone, but if you feel like you can stick through it, this is the job for you. They hire people who are outgoing, have good verbal communication skills, and are fast learners. That is all they really look for.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. All sales rep make zero starting salary, but your commission carries through the next year as a "salary", if your clients stick with their premiums.

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a college event and was invited into an informational meeting, later called a group interview. Went to first round interview which consisted of a group presentation where they pitched the company. Later brought in for an individual interview where they asked basic questions about background and future goals.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get into sales?   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was at a job fair and approached their booth. We spoke briefly and I left my resume. I got a call a few days later for an in-person interview. My interest was lost at the point when I discovered it would be 100% commission. Seemed like nice people though. I just didn't want to get into a new field under such payment arrangements.

Interview Question – What in your background leads you to be confident that you can be successful in this industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The uncontrolled nature of pitting sales against other people under a commision-based structure was not for me.

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed for sales position with AFLAC at my university, but left very disappointed. The manager who interviewed me asked no behavioral type questions or really any questions for that matter. The entire interview consisted of him talking about the company and the position. I'd estimate that he talked for about 80% of the interview. While this made for an easy interview, the position just didn't seem right. No benefits, 100% commission, he wanted me to begin by selling insurance to my family, etc. Typical insurance sales position. At the end of the interview he offered me the job. Surprised by the quick offer, I told him that I would need some time to think about the decision. He said he would contact me in a few days with more details, but for whatever reason, a few days turned into 2 months. For obvious reasons, I declined.

Interview Question – Sadly, there were no difficult questions during this interview   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2010.

Interview Details – First, there was an informal interview process over the phone. Not scripted, mostly an information gathering process where you are normally asked about your background and why you want to go into sales.

Secondly, you are interviewed by either a manager or in a group with a regional and office manager. This is where they really get into the money making idea behind Aflac. ... if you are productive you will make money and similar pitches like that.

Interview Question – Explain why you want to make money and how much.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After the office interview, I looked at reviews online and spoke with a few sales people I had met at a recruiting fair about what their daily activities were.
I was not impressed with the support structure of the company. Being straight out of college going into the field I was expecting more.
Also there is No Base Pay... 100% Commissions. I'd be all for it accept I have College Loans.

It is a good company, but If you are going to get involved you must be able to do a lot of cold calling. and have some cash in the bank because it could take a while for you to start generating sales and business.

Malvern, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met them at my schools career fair and received a call back about a week after. I set up an interview and went to their office for the panel interview. They gave their pitch and gave a brief background about the company and asked the panel several questions.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be effective as a sales agent?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Straight commission and a high concentration of agents in the market

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

Interview Details – First they bring u in with other interviewees and have a presentation of the company. Then they schedule individual interviews in the coming days. In the individual interview they try to sale you the company ( benefits, potential salary, etc). It isn't a bad company but I think the fact that they try to sell you the company, as oppose to you selling yourself to the company, made me feel that they would higher anybody who would accept. If you don't have any financial obligations and don't care if one week you make $1000 and the next you make nothing then I would say give it a shot, but if you are looking for a more reliable, fixed income then this job isn't for you.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – 100% commission based

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in April 2010.

Interview Details – I went in for my interview with high expectations. However, once I arrived I was asked to fill a form out with information I already had on my resume. Once filling that out, I waited for 10-15 minutes before someone came out to interview me. I was not interviewed by the person I originally was told I'd be interviewed by. During the interview, I felt as though they were selling me the insurance, not to mention, I got a brief few questions, then was asked if I had any questions at least 3 times. It almost felt as though I was interviewing them.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Aflac?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Overall, I just feel like Aflac isn't the best company to work for. I am looking for a job where I can get a base salary, not just a salary based off of commission made.

Mount Juliet, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed first with the person who would be my District Sales Coordinator and mentor in the company. The second interview was with the Regional Sales Coordinator. They asked what I consider basic questions. I was very honest and open in my responses and reservations about commission sales.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 5, what do you feel your fit is with Aflac?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Consider if you are willing to work for commissions and bonuses only. It may take a month or more to make your first sale and receive money.