Aflac

Updated Dec 27, 2014

1.7

109 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

1st "Interview" is pitch about Aflac, 2nd interview is with a real person and professional, ask lots of relevant questions so you don't get any unpleasant surprizes down the road....

Not for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

was done in a group setting

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

3 rounds of interviews. Easy to get the 2nd round since the first is more of a info session. Although it may seem like the regional sales coordinator really cares about you, all they care about it hiring quantity since there is a high turnover rate. Don't read too much into them seeming to like you. The 3rd round is just meeting to accept the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Found them through campus recruiting. I handed them my resume and got an interview. The first "interview" was a group interview where basically the manager told us his life story and if we wanted to, we could check Yes to a second interview. The second interview was one-on-one, but again the manager did most of the talking and only asked me basic questioned.

Interview Questions

I don't think this is the type of position I'm looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in July 2013.

Two interviews...you're going to be a Contractor, so nothing too strenuous. Just trying to find out how "hungry" you are and if you can communicate clearly.

Interview Questions
    • How much turnover is there in Sales Associates in their first year?   View Answers (2)

Not a full-time job with salary, benefits. Just a high-turnover place to work during recession.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

Two rounds of in-person interviews with Regional Sales Coordinator and maybe a District Sales Coordinator. They mostly want to get to know your personality and your level of determination. It doesn't matter if you have an insurance background or not, because that can be taught. Just go in and be yourself.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

I was interviewed twice and never once advised that I would have to call random businesses, go door to door, and know alot of people to make money. I was also advised job training would be paid and it wasn't I paid for all my own training.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

They called me out of the blue, said they found my resume online and invited me in to discuss the position with their district coordinator. I went in a week later and the DC discussed compensation, the day to day duties of the position, and the opportunity for growth. They then collected resumes and I heard from them not too long after that they wanted to bring me in, so I took the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Initial interview filled with personal anecdotes and little factual data regarding earnings, work schedule, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to earn less the first year with higher earning subsequently if you make it?   View Answer

Commission only income. No prospecting assistance and too many independent agents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

Was contacted by a gentleman, that is a regular guest at my current place of employment, about an opportunity that was " so good it brought me out of retirement." I was hesitant at first but decided to set up an interview and find out what exactly they were looking for. The interview consisted of the group manager telling me his story of success with the company and that i could do it too. Upon some asking about leads was able to discover that I had to generate all of my own leads with little training. I was asked to set up a second appointment and never followed up, I decided it wasn't what i was looking for at the time.