Aflac

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Bronx, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in July 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews...you're going to be a Contractor, so nothing too strenuous. Just trying to find out how "hungry" you are and if you can communicate clearly.

Interview Question – How much turnover is there in Sales Associates in their first year?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Not a full-time job with salary, benefits. Just a high-turnover place to work during recession.

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Interview Details – Found them through campus recruiting. I handed them my resume and got an interview. The first "interview" was a group interview where basically the manager told us his life story and if we wanted to, we could check Yes to a second interview. The second interview was one-on-one, but again the manager did most of the talking and only asked me basic questioned.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I don't think this is the type of position I'm looking for.

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details – Several phone interview, two in-person interviews that went well. As long as you are professional and willing they will hire you. You need to have your life and health sales license and you will need to pay for it yourself. Sales experience is a plus, but not required. You need to ask as many questions as possible to show interest.

Interview Question – They asked for a business plan straight away. It doesn't need to be detailed or long, you just need to be prepared.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No chance to negotiate. It is 100% commission.

Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – It is more of a recuitment process than an interview.

Interview Question – The just talked about what they sell.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview filled with personal anecdotes and little factual data regarding earnings, work schedule, benefits, etc.

Interview Question – Are you willing to earn less the first year with higher earning subsequently if you make it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Commission only income. No prospecting assistance and too many independent agents.

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – They called me out of the blue, said they found my resume online and invited me in to discuss the position with their district coordinator. I went in a week later and the DC discussed compensation, the day to day duties of the position, and the opportunity for growth. They then collected resumes and I heard from them not too long after that they wanted to bring me in, so I took the position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – The 1st interview involved a group of candidates who were given a presentation about what exactly Aflac does. We were all given information about the process in becoming a sales associate. They only had a follow up interview if you were interested. The follow up was 1 on 1 and you can ask as many questions about pay as you like.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was not willing to leave my high paying job to start from nothing. It takes a while to build sales

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Interview Details – An assistant calls and tells you to come to a group meeting. They make you go to a cattle call where a bunch of people show up and watch videos on how great the company is. Thing is, you're not working for the company, you're working as a self employed individual so you need to realize the figures they tell you do not include taxes. Then if you have a pulse you get called back for another interview in which They didn't really ask me anything as it was clear I was hired just by showing up.

Interview Question – seriously, I don't any questions other than the very average 'why are you interested in this job' I am pretty sure they did not even read my resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very plesant and made me feel very comfortable. The position was not what I was interested in.

Reason for Declining – Not looking for a sales position

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice and never once advised that I would have to call random businesses, go door to door, and know alot of people to make money. I was also advised job training would be paid and it wasn't I paid for all my own training.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions   Answer Question