Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

Was contacted by a gentleman, that is a regular guest at my current place of employment, about an opportunity that was " so good it brought me out of retirement." I was hesitant at first but decided to set up an interview and find out what exactly they were looking for. The interview consisted of the group manager telling me his story of success with the company and that i could do it too. Upon some asking about leads was able to discover that I had to generate all of my own leads with little training. I was asked to set up a second appointment and never followed up, I decided it wasn't what i was looking for at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

interviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

I thought it would be a formal interview, but it didn't. When I came to the office, there was just another guy waiting for interview. Then the HR manger took a lecture about Aflac. He believed that U.S will like Japan be a major market for supplementary insurance in the near future. The compensation is totally based on sales result.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe what do you think how much does an accident insurance cost for two weeks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

I was interviewed twice and never once advised that I would have to call random businesses, go door to door, and know alot of people to make money. I was also advised job training would be paid and it wasn't I paid for all my own training.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in May 2010.

First, there was an informal interview process over the phone. Not scripted, mostly an information gathering process where you are normally asked about your background and why you want to go into sales.

Secondly, you are interviewed by either a manager or in a group with a regional and office manager. This is where they really get into the money making idea behind Aflac. ... if you are productive you will make money and similar pitches like that.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you want to make money and how much.   View Answer

After the office interview, I looked at reviews online and spoke with a few sales people I had met at a recruiting fair about what their daily activities were.
    I was not impressed with the support structure of the company. Being straight out of college going into the field I was expecting more.
    Also there is No Base Pay... 100% Commissions. I'd be all for it accept I have College Loans.

It is a good company, but If you are going to get involved you must be able to do a lot of cold calling. and have some cash in the bank because it could take a while for you to start generating sales and business.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in November 2011.

Met them at my schools career fair and received a call back about a week after. I set up an interview and went to their office for the panel interview. They gave their pitch and gave a brief background about the company and asked the panel several questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be effective as a sales agent?   Answer Question

Straight commission and a high concentration of agents in the market

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

First they bring u in with other interviewees and have a presentation of the company. Then they schedule individual interviews in the coming days. In the individual interview they try to sale you the company ( benefits, potential salary, etc). It isn't a bad company but I think the fact that they try to sell you the company, as oppose to you selling yourself to the company, made me feel that they would higher anybody who would accept. If you don't have any financial obligations and don't care if one week you make $1000 and the next you make nothing then I would say give it a shot, but if you are looking for a more reliable, fixed income then this job isn't for you.

100% commission based

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aflac in December 2010.

A simple group interview to start, then followed by a one-on-one interview with a manager. They speak of all these different "positions" but it's really just setting appointments with business owners and sales.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you can be successful in this industry?   View Answer
    Nothing to negotiate because of commission based pay.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in March 2012.

The interview was actually really easy. I had just submitted my resume online and was given a call about a week later and had an interview set up. I was asked some basic questions that tested my knowledge of the company (what the company sold and things like that) and my career goals. Other questions were also standard. Overall a relatively easy interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aflac in September 2011.

Originally made contact at a career fair on campus. Interviewed 1 on 1 the next day with the regional manager. Received a call back later that week asking to meet again in person. Received a job offer over the phone a few days later and met again with regional and direct supervisor to be. Accepted today and start in December.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Met a recruiter at a college event and was invited into an informational meeting, later called a group interview. Went to first round interview which consisted of a group presentation where they pitched the company. Later brought in for an individual interview where they asked basic questions about background and future goals.