Aflac

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2010.

Interview Details – First, there was an informal interview process over the phone. Not scripted, mostly an information gathering process where you are normally asked about your background and why you want to go into sales.

Secondly, you are interviewed by either a manager or in a group with a regional and office manager. This is where they really get into the money making idea behind Aflac. ... if you are productive you will make money and similar pitches like that.

Interview Question – Explain why you want to make money and how much.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After the office interview, I looked at reviews online and spoke with a few sales people I had met at a recruiting fair about what their daily activities were.
I was not impressed with the support structure of the company. Being straight out of college going into the field I was expecting more.
Also there is No Base Pay... 100% Commissions. I'd be all for it accept I have College Loans.

It is a good company, but If you are going to get involved you must be able to do a lot of cold calling. and have some cash in the bank because it could take a while for you to start generating sales and business.

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a college event and was invited into an informational meeting, later called a group interview. Went to first round interview which consisted of a group presentation where they pitched the company. Later brought in for an individual interview where they asked basic questions about background and future goals.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get into sales?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

Interview Details – First they bring u in with other interviewees and have a presentation of the company. Then they schedule individual interviews in the coming days. In the individual interview they try to sale you the company ( benefits, potential salary, etc). It isn't a bad company but I think the fact that they try to sell you the company, as oppose to you selling yourself to the company, made me feel that they would higher anybody who would accept. If you don't have any financial obligations and don't care if one week you make $1000 and the next you make nothing then I would say give it a shot, but if you are looking for a more reliable, fixed income then this job isn't for you.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – 100% commission based

Malvern, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met them at my schools career fair and received a call back about a week after. I set up an interview and went to their office for the panel interview. They gave their pitch and gave a brief background about the company and asked the panel several questions.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be effective as a sales agent?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Straight commission and a high concentration of agents in the market

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in September 2011.

Interview Details – Originally made contact at a career fair on campus. Interviewed 1 on 1 the next day with the regional manager. Received a call back later that week asking to meet again in person. Received a job offer over the phone a few days later and met again with regional and direct supervisor to be. Accepted today and start in December.

Interview Question – What is your favorite part of selling?   Answer Question

Lisle, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in August 2008.

Interview Details – Very Vague. Got called in to meet with the regional manager and was more of an information meeting than an interview. After about 10 minutes of chatting I got offerred the job

Interview Question – Sell me something in this rrom?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in September 2010.

Interview Details – This was a group interview. A regional coordinator presented the business plan and explained the compensation for entry level sales. Very straightforward and short.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in March 2010.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on Career Builder and was contacted by Aflac rep. Had 1:1 interview and was joined by other managers for the last hour. I was told about the product and earning potential was discussed. I was offered the job at the end of the interview and advised them I'd need to think about it. After a few days, I decided to give it a shot.

Interview Question – How many potential clients do I feel I could get in the beginning (based on my existing contacts)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you are passionate about the sales process and specifically, about what you're selling. Also, create a list of people/companies you feel would let you come in to do a presentation...if you have enough connections, and those connections can give you referrals as well, you will be off to a good start.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was a classroom setting with 7 people in attendance. The presenter was very engaging, energetic and halirious. He really sold the company and it was exciting news to hear. Being that he has worked there for 11 years, he seemed to really emgrace his career. He pointed out the challenges and was very upfront with the type of people would be and not be successful at this. He gave plenty of examples with story telling that gave insight as to can be expected.

Interview Question – What sales experience have you had that have prepared you for this type of position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in April 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a DSC from my resume being on my college's website. Interview was basic. He asked me a little about myself, what i looked for in a career, etc. then he told me a little about the company, what they do, and how they get paid. He did not lead me on as far as pay goes. Told me that it was 100% commission (which i already knew). Seems like a good opportunity if you would like to make a lot of $, although it will take some time.

Interview Question – How much money do you need to make in order to [stay afloat]?   Answer Question