Aflac

1.7

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Recruiter contacted through Dice. Initial screening and one session about the company, then in person interview. I am totally from IT back ground, they don't have any IT jobs in Aflac.
All job requirements are related to sale.

Interview Questions

I am totally IT, position they offered is non IT.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

interviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

I thought it would be a formal interview, but it didn't. When I came to the office, there was just another guy waiting for interview. Then the HR manger took a lecture about Aflac. He believed that U.S will like Japan be a major market for supplementary insurance in the near future. The compensation is totally based on sales result.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe what do you think how much does an accident insurance cost for two weeks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

I was interviewed twice and never once advised that I would have to call random businesses, go door to door, and know alot of people to make money. I was also advised job training would be paid and it wasn't I paid for all my own training.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

Two rounds of in-person interviews with Regional Sales Coordinator and maybe a District Sales Coordinator. They mostly want to get to know your personality and your level of determination. It doesn't matter if you have an insurance background or not, because that can be taught. Just go in and be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in January 2013.

contacted by the phone to set up the interview

Interview Questions
    • it was all straight forward,regarding future goals,and reloaction issues.   Answer Question

i got another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

Was contacted by a gentleman, that is a regular guest at my current place of employment, about an opportunity that was " so good it brought me out of retirement." I was hesitant at first but decided to set up an interview and find out what exactly they were looking for. The interview consisted of the group manager telling me his story of success with the company and that i could do it too. Upon some asking about leads was able to discover that I had to generate all of my own leads with little training. I was asked to set up a second appointment and never followed up, I decided it wasn't what i was looking for at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in November 2012.

They will hire anyone

Wasn't one they don't pay you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

When they called to set up an interview, I thought it was going to be a typical 1 on 1 interview. However, when I got there, I was in a room of about 25 other potential employees. It wasn't even an interview. Someone just stood up and gave a presentation on why AFLAC is great to work for. They did not ask anyone any questions. However one thing to be aware of so you don't waste your time like I did is, they consider all their Sales Reps to be "Independent Contractors" which means they do not reimburse for mileage, and gas like most companies do. Calling their sales reps "Independent Contractors" is their legal loophole around this. Also because of of this, they only pay straight commission. I don't know too many people can afford to be "road warriors" and not get paid anything until a commission check finally clears. So basically the interview not a real interview. They seem to hire anyone and everyone who can afford to work for for fer (commission only and who can afford to pay $4+ a gallon for gas in just hopes of making a sale to get their commission)

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any question at all. Basically, if you could affordto put a ton of miles on your car, pay $4+/gallon for gas out of your own pocket, and are OK with not being reimbursed for mileage then they hired you.   Answer Question

When I was offered the interview specifically asked if the position was base + commission or straight commission and I was told that it base + commission only to.find out it is straight commission without reimbursement for mileage and gas. I felt with $4+ gas, even of I hit my sales goals, I would have been lucky to brake even. And just like everyone else, I work to make money, I do not work for free

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in August 2012.

Very friendly and outgoing. 1st your are in a group interview where the selling of Hope begins. Your next and final is the one on one interview & a guaranteed offer of a sales position(associate). You will be told that you should make 50-75K in your 1st year. This is 100% untrue. Most people in the office scrape by on 20-25K. Anyone who made/makes that amount is the rare exception and not the rule. Also, you are not told that you have to pay monthly for office space. You are not once let in on how you pay to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Ask how much it will cost YOU right away. They'll tell you that you just pay for licensing etc. Again, you have to pay to work in their office.   Answer Question
    No negotiate phase, they hire everyone and flood the market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

They schedule an interview for you, and email you stating who your interview is with, BUT NEVER tell you that it's a group interview. The "interviewer" tells you his life story, and how much better working for Aflac is than any other job he's ever had. Then, you watch a video about the company. They tell you that it's a 1099 position, meaning each employee is an independent contractor, and try to make that sound good. Really, what it means is that they have zero liability. Plus, it's commission only.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. After the group "interview," they take you into another room and have a small talk with you.   Answer Question

1099 position - no social security, no unemployment, no disability - for commission only.