Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN
Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Aflac.

Was contacted by a gentleman, that is a regular guest at my current place of employment, about an opportunity that was " so good it brought me out of retirement." I was hesitant at first but decided to set up an interview and find out what exactly they were looking for. The interview consisted of the group manager telling me his story of success with the company and that i could do it too. Upon some asking about leads was able to discover that I had to generate all of my own leads with little training. I was asked to set up a second appointment and never followed up, I decided it wasn't what i was looking for at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac.

When they called to set up an interview, I thought it was going to be a typical 1 on 1 interview. However, when I got there, I was in a room of about 25 other potential employees. It wasn't even an interview. Someone just stood up and gave a presentation on why AFLAC is great to work for. They did not ask anyone any questions. However one thing to be aware of so you don't waste your time like I did is, they consider all their Sales Reps to be "Independent Contractors" which means they do not reimburse for mileage, and gas like most companies do. Calling their sales reps "Independent Contractors" is their legal loophole around this. Also because of of this, they only pay straight commission. I don't know too many people can afford to be "road warriors" and not get paid anything until a commission check finally clears. So basically the interview not a real interview. They seem to hire anyone and everyone who can afford to work for for fer (commission only and who can afford to pay $4+ a gallon for gas in just hopes of making a sale to get their commission)

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any question at all. Basically, if you could affordto put a ton of miles on your car, pay $4+/gallon for gas out of your own pocket, and are OK with not being reimbursed for mileage then they hired you.   Answer Question

When I was offered the interview specifically asked if the position was base + commission or straight commission and I was told that it base + commission only to.find out it is straight commission without reimbursement for mileage and gas. I felt with $4+ gas, even of I hit my sales goals, I would have been lucky to brake even. And just like everyone else, I work to make money, I do not work for free

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

The mass recruitment process through employment sites like careerbuilder feed many into the system but the success rate among the hired is less than 1%. That being said, the interview process was thorough and the contracting process was well organized and efficient. The intent is to allow new associates to exploit existing social contacts to get started then learn good business approach and cold calling practices to maintain a low but steady income. Mass recruitment feeds a percentage of sales to middle management encouraging them to keep the hiring going despite a high failure rate among employees and an investment of time and licensing fees.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how an independent work opportunity lead to a past business success.   Answer Question
    Standard contract with no negotiation available. All commissions are standardized but they do offer an up front commission inducement for new agents just getting started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in May 2011.

Received an interview offer on monster.com to my email so that I would have a chance to attend the information session given by a recruiter in a particular location located in waltham. This had an average time of 1.5 hours at which point they asked us if we were interested.

It's all commission.

Anonymous Employee  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

They schedule an interview for you, and email you stating who your interview is with, BUT NEVER tell you that it's a group interview. The "interviewer" tells you his life story, and how much better working for Aflac is than any other job he's ever had. Then, you watch a video about the company. They tell you that it's a 1099 position, meaning each employee is an independent contractor, and try to make that sound good. Really, what it means is that they have zero liability. Plus, it's commission only.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. After the group "interview," they take you into another room and have a small talk with you.   Answer Question

1099 position - no social security, no unemployment, no disability - for commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2011.

THe hiring process varies a lot by territory, but they are all very lax. Very few of the managers really care whether you will suceed or not. They really want to know that you will at least make it to their sales school so that you count towards their quota.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of situation would be overwhelming for you? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2010.

First, there was an informal interview process over the phone. Not scripted, mostly an information gathering process where you are normally asked about your background and why you want to go into sales.

Secondly, you are interviewed by either a manager or in a group with a regional and office manager. This is where they really get into the money making idea behind Aflac. ... if you are productive you will make money and similar pitches like that.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you want to make money and how much.   View Answer

After the office interview, I looked at reviews online and spoke with a few sales people I had met at a recruiting fair about what their daily activities were.
    I was not impressed with the support structure of the company. Being straight out of college going into the field I was expecting more.
    Also there is No Base Pay... 100% Commissions. I'd be all for it accept I have College Loans.

It is a good company, but If you are going to get involved you must be able to do a lot of cold calling. and have some cash in the bank because it could take a while for you to start generating sales and business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marriottsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marriottsville, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in March 2012.

First day is a group setting you get to know more about what Aflac does. Second day is a 1:1 setting with regional manager, if you like what the business does you sign up.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to get into insurance?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in March 2012.

Two interviews took place. The first with the District Sales Coordinator covering the details of the offer and basic information. During the second interview we went over the details of compensation and the ins and outs of the job and an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about sales in general? How do you feel about cold calling? Comission?   Answer Question
    • General tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aflac in June 2010.

The toughest part of getting hired by AFLAC is that you must pass the insurance licensing tests. That whole process took several weeks.

There wasn't any.