Aflac

Getting the Interview

86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in January 2012.

Interview Details – They told me that there were "many position available." When I came to the interview, they told me they only have sales positions available, which I explicitly said I didn't want.

The "interview" was not an interview as all. I was asked maybe 3 short-answer question. It was really a more of a presentation, which consisted mostly of the regional sales coordinator talking about how Aflac is so great and how you can make $100,000 a year. It lasted for an hour and a half.

At the end, she asked me to email her if I was still interested in work at Aflac, and her assistant would schedule a second interview. I was not at all interested in the job so I didn't email her. But she still called me to set up an interview. Big waste of time.

Interview Question – Where do you call home?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Deceptive about their position availability. Very unprofessional.

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2011.

Interview Details – Expect a lot of sales-talk. Aflac doesn't really interview, they simply try and get you pumped about the job. They really try and find out if you have any good leads before you start employment. For example, if you have a friend who owns a pumbing company, or your dad is a General Manager of an auto dealership. They figure if you can get this first account, it will push you through the first few months of training until you get on your feet. If you ever get on your feet...

Interview Question – Are you better at time management or at speaking publicly?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, it was 100 percent commission.

Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very unorganized experience. They wrote me in for the wrong time, so when I came in they thought I was coming in an hour earlier. Needless to say, they weren't very prepared and probably hadn't reviewed my application much. Regardless, I felt like they had already decided to hire me before I came in the door. I think that is their strategy; they just hire a lot of people and see who sinks or swims.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aflac?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Since they probably hire in bulk, I figured I wouldn't be very valued as an employee. Also, they want you to pay $125 rent a month to use their office (on a commissions only paycheck).

Bel Air, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aflac in December 2010.

Interview Details – A simple group interview to start, then followed by a one-on-one interview with a manager. They speak of all these different "positions" but it's really just setting appointments with business owners and sales.

Interview Question – How do you feel you can be successful in this industry?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate because of commission based pay.

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in July 2011.

Interview Details – They wrote me an email inviting me to come to their office for an interview. When I came in they showed a video to a group. They seemed very desperate And I was not interested in that.

Interview Question – What was a defining moment in your life?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2011.

Interview Details – Not a great experience. I walked in the office and they weren't ready for me because they wrote down the wrong interview time. After waiting for a little while I was taken into the interview and I basically got the feeling that I already had the job. She just talked about the company and the job and barely talked about me, then she handed me the process for getting licensed and starting to work.

Interview Question – What makes you want to go into insurance sales?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Any company that hires this easily must not care too much about their employees. I think they just throw a lot of people against the wall and see who sticks since it is purely commission based. Also, since I would technically only be an agent, they wanted me to pay $125 a month to use their office.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a presentation of what Aflac has to offer it's customers and how much money you can potentially make. I have not decided if I will take the position yet.

Interview Questions

Hammonton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in August 2009.

Interview Details – Aflac is indiscriminate in their hiring. You'll meet with a Regional Sales Corordinator, watch a ten minute historical video, and take a lame personality test. At the end you will be asked if you want to earn money (duh!) and if you want the freedom to set your own schedule (duh! ... again). If you say yes .... your hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Strictly a commissioned job

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in January 2011.

Interview Details – Aflac hires anyone and everyone--because they have a fraudlent mass hiring program--by law you must-pay min wage--this mass hiring scam gets people to work for Aflac for free--advertise and refer for them --thus hoping you will sell your friends and relatives -and then get burned out---as thousands of people have done---BEWARE-THIS IS NOT CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT---does not meet the requirements by law--- shame on Aflac !!!!

Interview Question – If you can breath they will hire you---   View Answer

Reason for Declining – no pay---just a mass hiring scam----

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Applied for position through job searching site
2) Was contacted by hiring manager to schedule group interview
3) At group interview, attended information session which relayed information about the position, requirements, etc
4) Out of the people at group interview, some chose to accept a 2nd round, 1:1 interview
5) Attended 1:1 interview with manager and was asked a series of routine interview questions
6) Was offered a position, but declined the offer

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aflac?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This job seemed like more of a career-change position rather than a career-staring position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aflac