Aflac

Updated Aug 12, 2014

Average Difficulty
98 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Sales Associate

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in April 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a DSC from my resume being on my college's website. Interview was basic. He asked me a little about myself, what i looked for in a career, etc. then he told me a little about the company, what they do, and how they get paid. He did not lead me on as far as pay goes. Told me that it was 100% commission (which i already knew). Seems like a good opportunity if you would like to make a lot of $, although it will take some time.

Interview Question – How much money do you need to make in order to [stay afloat]?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed for sales position with AFLAC at my university, but left very disappointed. The manager who interviewed me asked no behavioral type questions or really any questions for that matter. The entire interview consisted of him talking about the company and the position. I'd estimate that he talked for about 80% of the interview. While this made for an easy interview, the position just didn't seem right. No benefits, 100% commission, he wanted me to begin by selling insurance to my family, etc. Typical insurance sales position. At the end of the interview he offered me the job. Surprised by the quick offer, I told him that I would need some time to think about the decision. He said he would contact me in a few days with more details, but for whatever reason, a few days turned into 2 months. For obvious reasons, I declined.

Interview Question – Sadly, there were no difficult questions during this interview   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in April 2010.

Interview Details – I went in for my interview with high expectations. However, once I arrived I was asked to fill a form out with information I already had on my resume. Once filling that out, I waited for 10-15 minutes before someone came out to interview me. I was not interviewed by the person I originally was told I'd be interviewed by. During the interview, I felt as though they were selling me the insurance, not to mention, I got a brief few questions, then was asked if I had any questions at least 3 times. It almost felt as though I was interviewing them.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Aflac?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Overall, I just feel like Aflac isn't the best company to work for. I am looking for a job where I can get a base salary, not just a salary based off of commission made.

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2007.

Interview Details – The interviewer was nice and very honest. He was a Sales Manager, and told it like it was. Recruiters will often sway you with your potential income, but there is no starting salary. Everything you make is off of commission. At the same time, they tell you the truth about all the cold calling you're going to have to do. Cold calling is not for everyone, but if you feel like you can stick through it, this is the job for you. They hire people who are outgoing, have good verbal communication skills, and are fast learners. That is all they really look for.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. All sales rep make zero starting salary, but your commission carries through the next year as a "salary", if your clients stick with their premiums.

Novi, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had to sit in a room with 8 other candidates. I assume we were all evaluated based on how outgoing we were. They also wanted you to email them a thank you letter for the interview opportunity afterwards. (but they don't tell you that in the interview.)

Interview Questions

• What if any situation were you in which consisted of you talking infront of a croud.   Answer Question
  • Name one thing besides the duck that you know about Aflac.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in October 2009.

Interview Details – The round one interview was the regional sales coordinator giving a presentation on the products and on the job itself to a group of 10 or so prospective agents. He then answered questions, and based on our resumes and how we interacted with each other and spoke during that process, he either did or did not give us a call for a second interview. Second interview is one on one, with specific questions - not the behavioral "Tell me about a time when..." type.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, since pay is commission only.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited on line after posting my resume on Career Builders. I then called and was given a time for my first interview, which turned our to be a group affair. I then scheduled a one on one. I made it through that well and then waas sent up in the computer. Also given licensing and testing information.

Interview Question – Why are you considering AFLAC?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in October 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call after my resume was posted on CareerBuilder.com. We set up a time to meet with the area manager. He and I spoke for thirty minutes for an initial interview to see if either of us would like to continue to a more detailed discussion on another day. We both agreed to pursue further. The next interview was for two hours where he described the training, pay structure, bonuses, residual, etc.
The companies products, employees and atmosphere was very positive and encouraging. If there was a base pay, I would have accepted the position.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that you would succeed in this industry?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the opportunity because I was not in a position to afford a commission only career.

Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was at a job fair and approached their booth. We spoke briefly and I left my resume. I got a call a few days later for an in-person interview. My interest was lost at the point when I discovered it would be 100% commission. Seemed like nice people though. I just didn't want to get into a new field under such payment arrangements.

Interview Question – What in your background leads you to be confident that you can be successful in this industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The uncontrolled nature of pitting sales against other people under a commision-based structure was not for me.

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

Interview Details – Became aware of the company through a career fair. Went on the first interview which was a group information interview. They called back a couple days later and set up the second interview. The second interview went well and they offered me a job. The thing was that I didn't do or say anything spectacular in the interview to earn the position. They didn't ask about any experience I had. I told them what I knew about the company, I asked some questions and they said they wanted me to work for them. I was surprised when they told me there was no base salary. I started reading reviews and things sounded the same as what I heard in the interview. It's extremely tough, but if you're driven you can succeed. It's a numbers game, long hours to be successful, and the first three months you won't make money. Discouraging to hear for a recent graduate. I haven't given them an answer yet and I'm not sure what to do. I think I might continue my job search.

Interview Question – There wasn't any hard questions. I was only asked two questions.   Answer Question