Aflac

Updated Dec 15, 2014

1.7

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in September 2010.

This was a group interview. A regional coordinator presented the business plan and explained the compensation for entry level sales. Very straightforward and short.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in March 2010.

I posted my resume on Career Builder and was contacted by Aflac rep. Had 1:1 interview and was joined by other managers for the last hour. I was told about the product and earning potential was discussed. I was offered the job at the end of the interview and advised them I'd need to think about it. After a few days, I decided to give it a shot.

Interview Questions
    • How many potential clients do I feel I could get in the beginning (based on my existing contacts)?   Answer Question
    Make sure you are passionate about the sales process and specifically, about what you're selling. Also, create a list of people/companies you feel would let you come in to do a presentation...if you have enough connections, and those connections can give you referrals as well, you will be off to a good start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in July 2010.

It was a classroom setting with 7 people in attendance. The presenter was very engaging, energetic and halirious. He really sold the company and it was exciting news to hear. Being that he has worked there for 11 years, he seemed to really emgrace his career. He pointed out the challenges and was very upfront with the type of people would be and not be successful at this. He gave plenty of examples with story telling that gave insight as to can be expected.

Interview Questions
    • What sales experience have you had that have prepared you for this type of position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in April 2010.

Was contacted by a DSC from my resume being on my college's website. Interview was basic. He asked me a little about myself, what i looked for in a career, etc. then he told me a little about the company, what they do, and how they get paid. He did not lead me on as far as pay goes. Told me that it was 100% commission (which i already knew). Seems like a good opportunity if you would like to make a lot of $, although it will take some time.

Interview Questions
    • How much money do you need to make in order to [stay afloat]?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac in October 2009.

Interviewed for sales position with AFLAC at my university, but left very disappointed. The manager who interviewed me asked no behavioral type questions or really any questions for that matter. The entire interview consisted of him talking about the company and the position. I'd estimate that he talked for about 80% of the interview. While this made for an easy interview, the position just didn't seem right. No benefits, 100% commission, he wanted me to begin by selling insurance to my family, etc. Typical insurance sales position. At the end of the interview he offered me the job. Surprised by the quick offer, I told him that I would need some time to think about the decision. He said he would contact me in a few days with more details, but for whatever reason, a few days turned into 2 months. For obvious reasons, I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Sadly, there were no difficult questions during this interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in April 2010.

I went in for my interview with high expectations. However, once I arrived I was asked to fill a form out with information I already had on my resume. Once filling that out, I waited for 10-15 minutes before someone came out to interview me. I was not interviewed by the person I originally was told I'd be interviewed by. During the interview, I felt as though they were selling me the insurance, not to mention, I got a brief few questions, then was asked if I had any questions at least 3 times. It almost felt as though I was interviewing them.

Interview Questions

Overall, I just feel like Aflac isn't the best company to work for. I am looking for a job where I can get a base salary, not just a salary based off of commission made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in May 2007.

The interviewer was nice and very honest. He was a Sales Manager, and told it like it was. Recruiters will often sway you with your potential income, but there is no starting salary. Everything you make is off of commission. At the same time, they tell you the truth about all the cold calling you're going to have to do. Cold calling is not for everyone, but if you feel like you can stick through it, this is the job for you. They hire people who are outgoing, have good verbal communication skills, and are fast learners. That is all they really look for.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. All sales rep make zero starting salary, but your commission carries through the next year as a "salary", if your clients stick with their premiums.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in April 2009.

I had to sit in a room with 8 other candidates. I assume we were all evaluated based on how outgoing we were. They also wanted you to email them a thank you letter for the interview opportunity afterwards. (but they don't tell you that in the interview.)

Interview Questions
    • What if any situation were you in which consisted of you talking infront of a croud.   Answer Question
    • Name one thing besides the duck that you know about Aflac.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in October 2009.

The round one interview was the regional sales coordinator giving a presentation on the products and on the job itself to a group of 10 or so prospective agents. He then answered questions, and based on our resumes and how we interacted with each other and spoke during that process, he either did or did not give us a call for a second interview. Second interview is one on one, with specific questions - not the behavioral "Tell me about a time when..." type.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, since pay is commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in November 2009.

I was recruited on line after posting my resume on Career Builders. I then called and was given a time for my first interview, which turned our to be a group affair. I then scheduled a one on one. I made it through that well and then waas sent up in the computer. Also given licensing and testing information.