Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Found them through campus recruiting. I handed them my resume and got an interview. The first "interview" was a group interview where basically the manager told us his life story and if we wanted to, we could check Yes to a second interview. The second interview was one-on-one, but again the manager did most of the talking and only asked me basic questioned.

Interview Questions

I don't think this is the type of position I'm looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Sales Associate Interview

Several phone interview, two in-person interviews that went well. As long as you are professional and willing they will hire you. You need to have your life and health sales license and you will need to pay for it yourself. Sales experience is a plus, but not required. You need to ask as many questions as possible to show interest.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for a business plan straight away. It doesn't need to be detailed or long, you just need to be prepared.   View Answer
    No chance to negotiate. It is 100% commission.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

It is more of a recuitment process than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac in November 2013.

Initial interview filled with personal anecdotes and little factual data regarding earnings, work schedule, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to earn less the first year with higher earning subsequently if you make it?   View Answer

Commission only income. No prospecting assistance and too many independent agents.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

They called me out of the blue, said they found my resume online and invited me in to discuss the position with their district coordinator. I went in a week later and the DC discussed compensation, the day to day duties of the position, and the opportunity for growth. They then collected resumes and I heard from them not too long after that they wanted to bring me in, so I took the position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

The 1st interview involved a group of candidates who were given a presentation about what exactly Aflac does. We were all given information about the process in becoming a sales associate. They only had a follow up interview if you were interested. The follow up was 1 on 1 and you can ask as many questions about pay as you like.

Interview Questions

I was not willing to leave my high paying job to start from nothing. It takes a while to build sales

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

An assistant calls and tells you to come to a group meeting. They make you go to a cattle call where a bunch of people show up and watch videos on how great the company is. Thing is, you're not working for the company, you're working as a self employed individual so you need to realize the figures they tell you do not include taxes. Then if you have a pulse you get called back for another interview in which They didn't really ask me anything as it was clear I was hired just by showing up.

Interview Questions
    • seriously, I don't any questions other than the very average 'why are you interested in this job' I am pretty sure they did not even read my resume.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in May 2013.

Interviewer was very plesant and made me feel very comfortable. The position was not what I was interested in.

Not looking for a sales position

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac in February 2013.

I was interviewed twice and never once advised that I would have to call random businesses, go door to door, and know alot of people to make money. I was also advised job training would be paid and it wasn't I paid for all my own training.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac in June 2013.

First had a open house which was called the "first interview". Was then contacted for a second interview and was asked possibly three questions. It really did not feel like an interview but more so them selling the job to me. I did not feel it was a promising career due to the fact leads were not provided and pay is all based on commission.