Aflac

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details – Decent process. Easy questions. They were kind and asked questions about my performance and knowledge of supplemental insurance. Not many questions about ethics of the job and they touched on what would be required to get licensed.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 10 years?   Answer Question

La Grange, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in July 2013.

Interview Details – Basically, it's a presentation and introduction to what they hire you to do. And there're 3 people in a conference room together. You'll fill a form which is for 2nd round interview using.

Interview Question – Not really much question. Everyone does a brief introduction and ask any question if you have doubts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted to join the 2nd round interview.

Newark, DE

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an Aflac representative and told to come in for an interview. Arrived and noticed it was just a presentation and interviews were to be held at a later date. The potential income described seemed unreasonable for a recent college grad with no sales experience. I was called back numerous times because I already had my license to sell life and health insurance, but this was not the type of job I was looking for.

Interview Question – What do you look for in a job   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not what I was looking for

Waltham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in June 2012.

Interview Details – Aflac pulled my resume off of Monster and then called me in for an interview. I was never told it was a group interview and that 15 other people showed up, I was then given a 40 minute sales pitch on Aflac and never asked one question. Was asked to approach the speaker if anyone wanted a live i on i interview the following week. What a waste of time to find out this is a commission only position.

Biloxi, MS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in June 2012.

Interview Details – He spoke of all the good and bad of the job. Reassured the positive and proved that it out weighed the negative. Verbally expressed the passionate side of helping people with insurance needs. If your heart is in the right place, you will find the right position in this job.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself in a career with AFLAC in the long run?   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in January 2012.

Interview Details – They give an information session every week and call in candidates by saying they are expanding and opening new offices. Then what they tell you basically is get an insurance licence by your own investment, no compensation/base pay for the job. The next day I went in for 1:1 interview, and they spoke to me like I was already selected- no questions asked.

Interview Question – They directly told me to take care of clients from my "culture" as I would be able to lure them. No questions were asked during the interview.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Did not want to invest money and then work on 100% commission basis. They may be a good company to work for, but I do not think that it was for me.

Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was very simple and easy I had to take a written exam and I was informed about the company. It seemed almost too easy basic questions nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in July 2011.

Interview Details – Communicate clearly about your goals and job knowledge and you will do great!

Interview Question – What are your career goals in 10 years?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was called about 2 weeks after attending a career fair and set up an interview for a couple days later. The first interview was one on one and it seemed as if the interviewer was teaching me about Aflac rather than interviewing. She did ask a few questions and wrote a few notes down on my resume. She explained the income options in detail and we got along really well. The interviewer was really nice and invited me to an event and a second interview. I met some higher up people at the event and was treated to food and conversation. The second interview was to explain the training process and address questions/worries I had.

Interview Question – What kind of job are you looking for?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – In the end, I was offered the job but had to decline because I was unsure whether I could afford the risks of year 1.

Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in August 2009.

Interview Details – Good people but felt like a multi-level sales pitch. Apparently there is a tiered hiring system that those above you benefit from your success? They have help wanted ads constantly suggesting to me that they have massive turnover.

Interview Question – Why wouldn't I want to hire you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Straight commission and no help while in their learning curve.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!