Aflac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Other Positions Interview

Sales and Other Positions
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in May 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from a gentleman stating that he saw my resume on Maryland Workforce Exchange. I had put the resume on the site less than five hours earlier and it did not format correctly. No employer should have contacted me with the incomplete resume. I was invited to a interview in Bel Air, Maryland the next day.

I showed up to what I thought would be a one on one interview and I realized there were at least 20 people in the room. The regional sales coordinator presented an overview of the company. I had to admit it sounded good. I have had presentations before and this one was top notch. The coordinator was funny and seemed to be very knowledgeable. He invited the interested people to go to a training that would be held in another location.

I was then contacted by the original recruiter the next day. He let it slip that after my day of training I would be in the office the next day making a list of people to call.

I knew I was getting recruited for a sales position. I also knew that it would be difficult to talk to people and rejection would high before I would get sales. The presentation did not say anything about harassing my friends and family to get a policy. The presentation was solely focused on contacting businesses to ask then for permission to provide the service to their employees. The regional sales coordinator said that it would not be worth my time to talk to individuals because they would not get the "coveted" group rate that would save the consumer tax dollars.

I am still going through with the training that will be coming up soon and hopefully the recruiter made a mistake and made it seem like I would be my money from my friends and family.

Interview Question – Do you have an insurance license?   Answer Question

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!