Agilent Technologies

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had entertained working for Agilent for a long time, being a larger company with a wider product portfolio than the one I was coming from. I had internal contacts that had tried to recruit me earlier, based on their direct experience seeing my work style and ethics. When the situation was finally mature for me to transition, I flagged my availability and jointly looked for a match in their currently open reqs. Several one-on-one lunch meetings followed to educate me about the company culture. Eventually the panel interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How would you handle a conflict with peer and/or Customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Trying to get me disclose current salary, which I refused to get on-target compensation

Application Engineer Interview

Application Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – It starts off with a phone screening with the manager. Next, is the technical interview, then lady one is the face to face.

Interview Question – How do you go about remotely controlling a VNA using a GPIB interface   View Answer

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – 5 steps

Interview Question – How long you will stay   Answer Question

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received two phone interviews and an onsite interview. First interview was a resume walkthrough and the second was a technical interview. Both went well, and I thought I established a good rapport with both interviewers. The onsite consisted of three panel interviews, one of them technical, and a one-on-one. I felt that I did well in all, and particularly nailed the first two. The only portion I was worried about was the technical, which didn't go as well I though. I sent my thank you's as soon as I got home.

The next day I received a call turning me down. The lead interviewer said that although I was the best candidate they had interviewed so far technically, the most prepared, and the only candidate to follow up, I lacked a certain "sparkle", which he went on to say was unquantifiable, and they were unsure of my CS skills, which they tried to relate a pizza delivery job from high school in my interview. He went on to say that I seemed nervous, despite already having said I was the most prepared, and gave better answers than the others.

This isn't the first bad interview experience I had, and honestly I didn't think my previous worst could be beat, but I found the whole reasoning they tried to give incredibly insulting. I've never been told every reason I should have been hired, then told that although they can't come up with a quantifiable reason to not hire me, they aren't going to anyway. After they played up their company culture, this seemed extremely hypocritical and contrary to it.

Interview Question – You have an angry customer on the line. They are being unreasonable. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2011.

Interview Details – I came into Agilent and met with my manager and my mentor. They asked me about my previous coursework/ lab work and I explained to them my projects listed on my resume. Then they gave me some technical questions, that were really basic.

Interview Question – Tell us about your previous projects. Which one did you like the most?   Answer Question

Englewood, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Met with one recruiter on campus. short interview (about 35 mins). some behavioral questions such as teamwork skills, management skills. He asked basic questions as well such as, if I'm willing to move, if I can work overtime, etc. Some technical questions, about four. The interview was a bit more difficult than others due to the fact that there were some technical questions.

Interview Questions

Richardson, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – An initial phone interview was conducted by a 3rd party organization under contract to Agilent. They asked some behavioral interview questions (about 4 or 5). Following that an in-person interview was set up consisting of 6 people, in 4 groups. 1-1-2-2. Since this was essentially a Field Applications Engineering position members of the sales force (called "Field Engineers") were involved in the interview process, as well as other Applications Engineers.

Interview Question – What is a "matching network" really trying to match?   View Answers (3)

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a very unique interview. I had 5 round interviews from different managers/groups, and had a presentation, even had dinner with the manager.

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in November 2011.

Interview Details – I first had an on-campus interview that consisted of 2 managers interviewing me for an hour. The interview consisted of your standard behavioral and historical interview questions as well as some technical questions. After this initial interview, I was contacted about having a phone interview. The phone interview was with a current Applications Engineer who asked me technical questions about different pieces of equipment.

Following the phone interview, I was invited to their campus for a half day interview (~4 hours). This consisted of 6 interviews of 30 minutes each, along with a tour of the office and lunch in the cafeteria with the rest of the candidates. One of the interviews was technical, the rest were pretty run-of-the-mill. It got a little annoying at times since I felt like I was repeating myself to several of the interviewers since they were asking very similar questions.

By the time I heard back from Agilent, I already had an offer from a company that I liked better.

Interview Questions

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!