Agilent Technologies Interview Questions in Denver, CO

3.4

Internal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Englewood, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

First and second round interviews are likely to over the phone or online meeting client. Questions are very quiz-like and will test your knowledge of basic concepts regarding your type of applications engineering position. The engineers interviewing me over the phone were friendly and accommodating. They asked a mix of quiz-like questions and behavioral ones, and gave me ample opportunity to ask them questions too. One of their higher level managers, at a college recruiting session was much more focused on stumping me than learning about me. That is fine, but his attitude felt much different from the other engineers I had talked to on the phone previously and afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Draw the block diagram of a *insert arbitrary piece of test equipment* that you say you've had experience using on your resume.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer for Colorado Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Englewood, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Met hiring manager at a campus event. Scheduled a campus "soft skills interview". Followed up with an over the phone/web technical interview with basic EE questions. Finally, had a half day interview in Englewood, 4 x 1 hour interviews with two managers, questions ranging from sales to technical to customer service.

Interview Questions

• "You have a 3 GHz Oscilloscope trying to measure a 2 GHz Square wave. What do you see on the scope and why?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

A phone call and very little negotiation.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Englewood, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received two phone interviews and an onsite interview. First interview was a resume walkthrough and the second was a technical interview. Both went well, and I thought I established a good rapport with both interviewers. The onsite consisted of three panel interviews, one of them technical, and a one-on-one. I felt that I did well in all, and particularly nailed the first two. The only portion I was worried about was the technical, which didn't go as well I though. I sent my thank you's as soon as I got home. The next day I received a call turning me down. The lead interviewer said that although I was the best candidate they had interviewed so far technically, the most prepared, and the only candidate to follow up, I lacked a certain "sparkle", which he went on to say was unquantifiable, and they were unsure of my CS skills, which they tried to relate a pizza delivery job from high school in my interview. He went on to say that I seemed nervous, despite already having said I was the most prepared, and gave better answers than the others. This isn't the first bad interview experience I had, and honestly I didn't think my previous worst could be beat, but I found the whole reasoning they tried to give incredibly insulting. I've never been told every reason I should have been hired, then told that although they can't come up with a quantifiable reason to not hire me, they aren't going to anyway. After they played up their company culture, this seemed extremely hypocritical and contrary to it.

Interview Questions

• You have an angry customer on the line. They are being unreasonable. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Englewood, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with one recruiter on campus. short interview (about 35 mins). some behavioral questions such as teamwork skills, management skills. He asked basic questions as well such as, if I'm willing to move, if I can work overtime, etc. Some technical questions, about four. The interview was a bit more difficult than others due to the fact that there were some technical questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Denver, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager and a potential peer analyst. It was informal, very conversational and with a few specific behavioral questions. I felt I had good responses based on their reactions and thought it was a pretty good fit. It was a challenging interview but not difficult because I was prepared. It seemed to me that I may have had too much energy for the people I interviewed with... maybe they were looking for someone quieter and meeker that wouldn't mind being in a cubicle all day without interacting with other people. Perhaps an outgoing personality is not helpful in this position. I asked the recruiter for some feedback but never heard anything one way or the other.