Agilent Technologies Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Engineer Interview

Interview

Three interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for what you want.

Other Interview Reviews for Agilent Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I had a, what I though to be, a good interview with one gentleman. We chatted about infrastructure, implementations, and different analysis of varying products and services. This was round 2. Round 1 was a regular interview by HR. Weird thing was that it seemed like upper mgmt was not too keen on even opening up this position. Both the interviewer and HR made a one-sentence comment on it.

In the end I believe they removed the position or hired someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Loveland, CO) in September 2009.

Interview

There was no follow-up as promised in the phone interview - rather, it was simply dropped. So if you're still in the running you'll know when they call again. If you don't make the cut, you may just never hear anything again, even if they say they'll let you know. Too bad - on the balance, Agilent used to have a reputation as being a professional organization. Perhaps better results might be had by trying the Life Sciences part of the company instead (said to be growing).

Interview Questions

• Asked for experience directly related to the job applied for.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2009.

Interview

Elaborate, well planned interviews with many key stakeholders. Some phone interviews, some onsite interviews.

Well thought out questions for the team to see what I know and how I could help them in various real life scenarios that they are running into.

Questions around, "how would you go about doing .....".

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was asked was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2007.

Interview

Straight to he point. Experience, qualifications, goals, salary

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of asking multiple questions about first year EE material to basic Op-amp questions. I recommend making sure to prepare what ever it is that you are specializing in. Make sure to know everything on your resume. You don't want to not know about something that is on your resume.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was around 5 hours. It consisted of 7 individual interviews. Each interview had a different focus. Few were technical asking my knowledge of MATLAB and circuits. Few asked logic questions. Few asked how I dealt with people.

Interview Questions

• Shown a broken part. Asked to logic how it broke and what could be done to prevent it in the future.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in March 2011.

Interview

Initial screening 1:1 on campus with an on-site follow-up. Standard interview except for the presentation.
    30 minute presentation, full-day interview with several groups. The interview was well organized and efficient.

Questions covered essential programming concepts. Typical OO and C/C++ questions. Focus areas were in optimization, multi-threaded, OO, bit level manipulations, low-level architecture and peripheral access, various system buses, I/O throughput estimates, and instrument calibration algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: Assuming a system response is monotonic, describe how one could implement a binary search algorithm to optimize convergence at a particular point.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate high with Agilent as raises are a pain. Agilent is not keeping up with industry.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2011.

Interview

Smooth interview process. Everyone I talked to was very friendly. Group/Panel Style. Took all day.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for an engineering position, consisted of phone screening interview, then in-person group interview. Felt the people were very professional and friendly; felt like it was a good working environment. Didn't get the job most likely because I didn't know a software tool well enough.

I also have to add that their recruiters were very respectable and courteous through the process. They followed up when they said they would, and also really did "keep my resume on file" and considered me for another position at Agilent a few months later. In today's job market, it's rare that recruiters are very professional, straightforward and keep in touch with you. So overall, I was very happy with the process/experience despite not getting the job.