Agilent Technologies

113 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

R&D Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Agilent Technologies

Interview Details – This is probably the longest interview i have ever been on. First phone interview and then onsite. The phone interview was not that difficult. Basic logic questions such as "What is in a CPU" and some questions about or ,xor , and gates. Onsite interview was very long. It run from 8-4pm with an hour interview with 7 different people. There where some K-map , state diagram ,verlog , and basic OOP questions. Need to know about linked list, pointers.The people where very nice and welcoming but i can even remember my name after the 5th round.

Interview Question – How to find the middle of a linkList with out going through the list.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Loveland, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through Agilent careers site. Was contacted by recruiter to complete a pre-interview screening questionnaire. Submitted to recruiter within three days, heard nothing for approximately one week. Then I received the same email from the recruiter that I was initially sent. Submitted (again) questionnaire and received a phone interview offer within a day.

Interview was with three person panel over phone - interviewers seemed reasonably prepared, but questions were overly-vague compared to the level of detail the interviewers attempted to force from me. It created a situation where it seemed like they were trying to imply detailed responses from me that simply were not accurate. This situation was frustrating.

At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be contacted within 1 week with an updated status of my application. Never received any communication. Contacted recruiter for status update, recruiter did not respond. This part of the process seemed unprofessional.

Interview Question – High quantity of behavioral questions crammed into small time window for interview.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then panel interview. Mostly behavioral questions, with a couple technical or problem solving.

Interview Question – Give an example of a complex problem and how you resolved it.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

R&D Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview with a manager. Job was posted as firmware, but they were looking for an application developer. Wasn't a good fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you know you couldn't meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Hardware Intern Interview

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Apply online and someone from HR will call you.

Interview Question – What is an LFSR   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interview Details – Three interviews

Interview Question – Work/life balance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for what you want.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – I applied online at Agilent.com. I received an email from the recruiter and he passed my resume on to the hiring manager. The hiring manager aranged a phone interview with me that was very pleasant. My next interview was with one of the senior engineers of the group. It was challenging, but also very pleasant. My final interview was with 5 people, 4 engineers and another manager. Some of the questions and tasks were challenging, but most of it I did good on. I think I could have done better, but my enthusiasm for the position helped. Prepare for your interview by reviewing your coarse work and relax. Be enthusiastic and confident about your skills. Finally, be honest on your resume and don't say you know something if you don't. They will test you on your resume and if you can't do what you say, you won't be hired. All of the people that interviewed me were very friendly and fair.

Interview Question – I can't give away company questions, but some logic questions were asked and I was asked to design a couple of simple algorithyms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The offer was very generous.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician

Interview Details – two interveiws they were very quick

Interview Question – very difficult must know what you are doing to succed   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2014.

Interview Details – After submital and review of my resume I received a call indicating further interest and a request for a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for one hour and the questions covered a variety of subjects that tested my knowledge, creativity and problem solving. Approximately one week later I was called and asked to an 'on-site' interview.
A few days prior to the scheduled on-site interview I received a call asking me to prepare a 15 minute presentation on one of my previous projects. (The job was for an 'experienced' engineer so I believe that the presentation requirement would not be for a new graduate position.) The presentation request 'call' provided only a few details regarding the intent of the presentation but indicated that I would receive an email shortly with the official presentation request. No email was ever sent; the day before the on-site interview I had to email and call persons I thought could get me the official email or additional requirements. I did get through to the hiring manager. He was gracious and provided me some additional direction concerning the presentation. I was able to put together a presentation with little time for review or changes.
The on-site interview went well, I met with each of the hiring managers team. Each team member had a specific area of knowledge to cover ( approx. 1 hr each). Each member of the team was very professional and I felt comfortable with each of them.

Interview Question – Most difficult question concerned the relationship between statistical characteristics of sample size, mean and standard deviation and how a change in one might affect the others. I think lost in the example was whether the original small 'sample' size indicated, reflected the entire population or if the population was quite large. In addition the process used to select the sample affects the resulting characteristics of mean and standard deviation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assembler Interview

Rohnert Park, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – just simple questions.

Interview Question – don't get the job, because not enough the language, but I AM A HARDWORKER   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Agilent Technologies

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Agilent Technologies interview questions and advice. All 113 interview reviews posted anonymously by Agilent Technologies employees and interview candidates.