Agilent Technologies

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Process starte with a paper questionnaire, followed by screening from HR, then hiring manager, then face to face interview. To be honest, their interviewing skills were pretty insufficient and they don't vet candidates very well. Focus is on speed of hiring rather than quality of hire. All this said, it was a breeze for someone with understanding of how to sell yourself in the situation.

Interview Question – To be honest, they didn't ask me anything. They did all the talking about the role, and their jobs. I don't think they knew they were supposed to ask me questions to verify what I claimed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Agilent didn't negotiate at all. it was a take it or leave it offer. The person calling to give the offer was not empowered, prepared or even aware negotiations should happen at that point.

Internal Applications Engineer Interview

Internal Applications Engineer
Englewood, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2013.

Interview Details – First and second round interviews are likely to over the phone or online meeting client. Questions are very quiz-like and will test your knowledge of basic concepts regarding your type of applications engineering position. The engineers interviewing me over the phone were friendly and accommodating. They asked a mix of quiz-like questions and behavioral ones, and gave me ample opportunity to ask them questions too. One of their higher level managers, at a college recruiting session was much more focused on stumping me than learning about me. That is fine, but his attitude felt much different from the other engineers I had talked to on the phone previously and afterwards.

Interview Question – Draw the block diagram of a *insert arbitrary piece of test equipment* that you say you've had experience using on your resume.   View Answer

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Agilent via email shortly after applying via the company job page. I set up a phone interview that was mostly "get to know you" stuff (general technical background, why I was interested, etc). Shortly afterwards I received an email offering an on-site interview. Agilent set up my flights, hotel, and rental car. I met my contact at the hotel, had breakfast, and drove to the site. The interview was a multiple-wave, all-day affair with a break for lunch. Interviews came in different flavors of technical (testing, C# coding, algorithms, Linux) and behavioral. When the day ended I went back to the hotel.

Interview Question – Nothing, to be honest. Most of it was bog-standard "design a program to run a vending machine" and "write quicksort in pseudocode" stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The offer was pretty good, and I was more inclined to focus on my coursework with a solid job offer than haggle and potentially alienate myself. I'm lazy like that.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Agilent Technologies

Interview Details – This is probably the longest interview i have ever been on. First phone interview and then onsite. The phone interview was not that difficult. Basic logic questions such as "What is in a CPU" and some questions about or ,xor , and gates. Onsite interview was very long. It run from 8-4pm with an hour interview with 7 different people. There where some K-map , state diagram ,verlog , and basic OOP questions. Need to know about linked list, pointers.The people where very nice and welcoming but i can even remember my name after the 5th round.

Interview Question – How to find the middle of a linkList with out going through the list.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then panel interview. Mostly behavioral questions, with a couple technical or problem solving.

Interview Question – Give an example of a complex problem and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Product Marketing Engineer
Loveland, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through Agilent careers site. Was contacted by recruiter to complete a pre-interview screening questionnaire. Submitted to recruiter within three days, heard nothing for approximately one week. Then I received the same email from the recruiter that I was initially sent. Submitted (again) questionnaire and received a phone interview offer within a day.

Interview was with three person panel over phone - interviewers seemed reasonably prepared, but questions were overly-vague compared to the level of detail the interviewers attempted to force from me. It created a situation where it seemed like they were trying to imply detailed responses from me that simply were not accurate. This situation was frustrating.

At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be contacted within 1 week with an updated status of my application. Never received any communication. Contacted recruiter for status update, recruiter did not respond. This part of the process seemed unprofessional.

Interview Question – High quantity of behavioral questions crammed into small time window for interview.   Answer Question

R&D Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview with a manager. Job was posted as firmware, but they were looking for an application developer. Wasn't a good fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you know you couldn't meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Hardware Intern Interview

Hardware Intern
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Apply online and someone from HR will call you.

Interview Question – What is an LFSR   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Agilent Technologies

Interview Details – Three interviews

Interview Question – Work/life balance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for what you want.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – I applied online at Agilent.com. I received an email from the recruiter and he passed my resume on to the hiring manager. The hiring manager aranged a phone interview with me that was very pleasant. My next interview was with one of the senior engineers of the group. It was challenging, but also very pleasant. My final interview was with 5 people, 4 engineers and another manager. Some of the questions and tasks were challenging, but most of it I did good on. I think I could have done better, but my enthusiasm for the position helped. Prepare for your interview by reviewing your coarse work and relax. Be enthusiastic and confident about your skills. Finally, be honest on your resume and don't say you know something if you don't. They will test you on your resume and if you can't do what you say, you won't be hired. All of the people that interviewed me were very friendly and fair.

Interview Question – I can't give away company questions, but some logic questions were asked and I was asked to design a couple of simple algorithyms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The offer was very generous.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Agilent Technologies

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Agilent Technologies interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews posted anonymously by Agilent Technologies employees and interview candidates.