Agilent Technologies

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

R&D Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an interview with basic/typical questions. Then, the interview was followed by a technical phone interview. The recruiter failed to confirm a time for the technical interview and, therefore, I was surprised when a hiring manager called without notice. The technical interview consisted of about 30 qualitative electrical engineering questions, some of which are very specific.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember specific interview questions, but there seemed to be an excessive use of abbreviations and acronyms that are not common in the industry-at least in my experience. They were definitely wanting someone with more experience for what was advertised as an entry-level position.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

You apply on the web and then a recruiter contacts you if there is a fit. The next step is a phone screen with the hiring manager. If that is positive, then you are invited in for at least a half day of interviews. You are requested to prepare a presentation. The interview team consists of technical and people questions. The technical questions are generally designed to see how much you know about the design process as well as the specifics of the field. They aren't out to trick you. They use a rating matrix where each interviewer is scoring you against certain characteristics. After all of the interviews are complete, they compare scores for each candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest challenge is preparing your presentation. You can expect some very tough questions about what you did and why, so be sure to know your topic.   Answer Question
    Pretty standard. They offered something in line with the Radford survey for the position, and I countered. There is room to negotiate salary and some benefits like having 2 monitors instead of one.

Research and Development Engineer, Advanced, Software Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

The entire hiring process took standard three to four weeks for big firm. Questions were based on relevant prior experience and the hiring process was smooth. Prepare yourself by reviewing fundamentals based on the job description. Be confident about your background in your resume and even if you miss one or two things in the interview it will be fine. Be sure to know what you said you knew.

Finance Program Specialist Interview

There was written test on accounting , english and mathematics which a non negative marking test basic emphasis was on accounts paper followed by personal interviews .Personal interviews was based entirely on accounting questions and then there were few questions related to current affairs. Also questions were on my internship.

Interview Questions
    It was already fixed as I was selected through campus placment

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Session on behavioral-style interview and separate sessions for technical, problem-solving, cross-disciplinary engineering topics. Interview team and engineering professionals at this employer are very accomplished, and have quite a culture of self-sufficiency for career-level engineering positions, and of voluntary mentorship for entry-level. You may wish to highlight past experiences in these areas.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to propose how a specific manufacturing area needed to be re-vamped   Answer Question
    Negotiated starting salary with partial success.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Process starte with a paper questionnaire, followed by screening from HR, then hiring manager, then face to face interview. To be honest, their interviewing skills were pretty insufficient and they don't vet candidates very well. Focus is on speed of hiring rather than quality of hire. All this said, it was a breeze for someone with understanding of how to sell yourself in the situation.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, they didn't ask me anything. They did all the talking about the role, and their jobs. I don't think they knew they were supposed to ask me questions to verify what I claimed on my resume.   Answer Question
    Agilent didn't negotiate at all. it was a take it or leave it offer. The person calling to give the offer was not empowered, prepared or even aware negotiations should happen at that point.

Asset Management Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in June 2014.

Contacted by a Authorized Talent Acquisition Specialist for Agilent Technologies and talked to the specialist for 15 minutes. The specialist sent me a questionnaire which was sent to the hiring manager. I was contacted by Agilent to arrange a date and time to talk to the hiring manager for one hour. After a positive conversation with hiring manager, I was scheduled for four one-hour telephone interviews with others on the team. I was told by all the interviewers, I would be contacted to either schedule face-to-face interviews or would not have additional interviews. Two months later, I have not been contacted by Agilent Technologies. After several email and telephone follow ups, I still have not heard regarding the results of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I see you have managed laboratories at your last two positions, how does you experience with the management of the laboratory correlate to managing projects and teams where you do not have managerial authority?   View Answer

R&D Software Engineer Interview

This is probably the longest interview i have ever been on. First phone interview and then onsite. The phone interview was not that difficult. Basic logic questions such as "What is in a CPU" and some questions about or ,xor , and gates. Onsite interview was very long. It run from 8-4pm with an hour interview with 7 different people. There where some K-map , state diagram ,verlog , and basic OOP questions. Need to know about linked list, pointers.The people where very nice and welcoming but i can even remember my name after the 5th round.

Interview Questions
    • How to find the middle of a linkList with out going through the list.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Phone screening, then panel interview. Mostly behavioral questions, with a couple technical or problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a complex problem and how you resolved it.   View Answer

R&D Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Started out with a phone interview with a manager. Job was posted as firmware, but they were looking for an application developer. Wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you know you couldn't meet a deadline.   Answer Question