Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

Finance Program Specialist Interview

There was written test on accounting , english and mathematics which a non negative marking test basic emphasis was on accounts paper followed by personal interviews .Personal interviews was based entirely on accounting questions and then there were few questions related to current affairs. Also questions were on my internship.

Interview Questions
    It was already fixed as I was selected through campus placment

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Session on behavioral-style interview and separate sessions for technical, problem-solving, cross-disciplinary engineering topics. Interview team and engineering professionals at this employer are very accomplished, and have quite a culture of self-sufficiency for career-level engineering positions, and of voluntary mentorship for entry-level. You may wish to highlight past experiences in these areas.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to propose how a specific manufacturing area needed to be re-vamped   Answer Question
    Negotiated starting salary with partial success.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Process starte with a paper questionnaire, followed by screening from HR, then hiring manager, then face to face interview. To be honest, their interviewing skills were pretty insufficient and they don't vet candidates very well. Focus is on speed of hiring rather than quality of hire. All this said, it was a breeze for someone with understanding of how to sell yourself in the situation.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, they didn't ask me anything. They did all the talking about the role, and their jobs. I don't think they knew they were supposed to ask me questions to verify what I claimed on my resume.   Answer Question
    Agilent didn't negotiate at all. it was a take it or leave it offer. The person calling to give the offer was not empowered, prepared or even aware negotiations should happen at that point.

Asset Management Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in June 2014.

Contacted by a Authorized Talent Acquisition Specialist for Agilent Technologies and talked to the specialist for 15 minutes. The specialist sent me a questionnaire which was sent to the hiring manager. I was contacted by Agilent to arrange a date and time to talk to the hiring manager for one hour. After a positive conversation with hiring manager, I was scheduled for four one-hour telephone interviews with others on the team. I was told by all the interviewers, I would be contacted to either schedule face-to-face interviews or would not have additional interviews. Two months later, I have not been contacted by Agilent Technologies. After several email and telephone follow ups, I still have not heard regarding the results of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I see you have managed laboratories at your last two positions, how does you experience with the management of the laboratory correlate to managing projects and teams where you do not have managerial authority?   View Answer

R&D Software Engineer Interview

This is probably the longest interview i have ever been on. First phone interview and then onsite. The phone interview was not that difficult. Basic logic questions such as "What is in a CPU" and some questions about or ,xor , and gates. Onsite interview was very long. It run from 8-4pm with an hour interview with 7 different people. There where some K-map , state diagram ,verlog , and basic OOP questions. Need to know about linked list, pointers.The people where very nice and welcoming but i can even remember my name after the 5th round.

Interview Questions
    • How to find the middle of a linkList with out going through the list.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Phone screening, then panel interview. Mostly behavioral questions, with a couple technical or problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a complex problem and how you resolved it.   View Answer

R&D Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Started out with a phone interview with a manager. Job was posted as firmware, but they were looking for an application developer. Wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you know you couldn't meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Hardware Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Apply online and someone from HR will call you.

Engineer Interview

Three interviews

Ask for what you want.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies.

I applied online at Agilent.com. I received an email from the recruiter and he passed my resume on to the hiring manager. The hiring manager aranged a phone interview with me that was very pleasant. My next interview was with one of the senior engineers of the group. It was challenging, but also very pleasant. My final interview was with 5 people, 4 engineers and another manager. Some of the questions and tasks were challenging, but most of it I did good on. I think I could have done better, but my enthusiasm for the position helped. Prepare for your interview by reviewing your coarse work and relax. Be enthusiastic and confident about your skills. Finally, be honest on your resume and don't say you know something if you don't. They will test you on your resume and if you can't do what you say, you won't be hired. All of the people that interviewed me were very friendly and fair.

Interview Questions
    • I can't give away company questions, but some logic questions were asked and I was asked to design a couple of simple algorithyms.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was very generous.