Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, contacted for phone interview within 2 weeks. Phone interview with technical lead for Product Engineering Group consisted of discussion of position/company, review of my resume content, and very basic electrical engineering questions such as frequency response of capacitors. Received invitation for on-site interview 1.5 weeks after phone interview. On-site interview (Santa Rosa) was a day-long process, meeting with a number of different people. Most 1:1's were soft/non-technical, a few involved more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a circuit schematic of one of their switches, talk through troubleshooting approach after report of switch failure.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

There are two interviews - one on campus and one at the office - pretty standard. They were nearly all behavioral and fit type questions. They really wanted to know why you wanted to work there and how you'd fit in with the people. My summer experience was great! Pay is good, people are really nice, and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was first notified by the hiring manager that I had received the job offer. The negotiation phase included me asking for relocation. They offered $2,750 cash bonus to be paid on the second paycheck.

Applications Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was exceptional. They had all of there bases covered and had everything planned out. They were very welcoming and willing to sit down, take time out of their day and talk with the interview candidate. The interview lasted the full day, but the candidate needs that time to talk to each group member.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Initial Phone Interview, then onsite 3 round interview. Phone interview mostly on resume, past projects. Called after 15 days for the onsite. Onsite interview consists of behavioral ques, design and coding question. Behavioral ques - Most challenging project, how did you meet deadline for multiple projects Coding ques - Given a source code, find what is the expected output. Code had try, catch, finally block. Design ques - Design an imaginary television, what other features you would like to include? Overall nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a distributed museum where you need to ensure that information is available at each branch. How can you design the web pages so that each page content is different for each country and language?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted offer as it was a good one.

Software Engineer-Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through website and heard back about two weeks later for a phone interview. The interview was basically just going into more depth about the projects that I had listed on my resume. They asked about specific classes and some of my extracurricular activities. Originally, there was supposed to be three short interviews, but was then narrowed down to one interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a container that I had used on a project from 2 years ago   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Very nice interview process. Interviewers are glad to share and build up rapport quickly with interviewee.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budd Lake, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Budd Lake, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview set up via campus website. Met one-to-one with one of their employees, asked me questions ranging from hardware to software, pretty much based on everything on my resume.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Panel interviews consisting of behavioral interviewing

Internal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Englewood, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

First and second round interviews are likely to over the phone or online meeting client. Questions are very quiz-like and will test your knowledge of basic concepts regarding your type of applications engineering position. The engineers interviewing me over the phone were friendly and accommodating. They asked a mix of quiz-like questions and behavioral ones, and gave me ample opportunity to ask them questions too. One of their higher level managers, at a college recruiting session was much more focused on stumping me than learning about me. That is fine, but his attitude felt much different from the other engineers I had talked to on the phone previously and afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Draw the block diagram of a *insert arbitrary piece of test equipment* that you say you've had experience using on your resume.   1 Answer

Drupal Site Project Manager and Site Builder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed through a staffing agency. Did a phone interview, then second in-person interview with team. They showed me where they were at, why they were stalled, and asked what I would do to get the project back on track and launched in the next four months. No one on the team had any technical understanding of the project. One engineer joined the process, but despite his pointed questions, the project was out of his scope, and, in the end, when I was working there, avoided working with me at all costs.

Interview Questions

• How would you get the project back on track and launched.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation with the agency that hired me. They offered paid time off that accumulated as time passed and up to $300 reimbursement for medical.