Agilent Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Chemist Intern Interview

Applications Chemist Intern
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received phone interview about three weeks later. I talked with HM about research experience and extracurricular activities. Received on-site interview notice after two weeks. During on-site I gave a 30 min presentation and met with team members (1-2 ppl each time) for behavioral and technical interview. The interview lasted 5-6 hrs including lunchtime.

Interview Question – I cannot remember exactly. But the question was like have you ever said NO to your boss' or colleague's requests.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details – met with local manager, discussed current experience levels, dicussed salary requirements

Interview Question – How can you bring multi-vendor support to us.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offers

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Found out through a recruiter. Met the entire management team, including Controller. Had to return 3 additional times to meet the entire tax group and one final time to have coffee with the staff.

Interview Question – My life's motto   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiations. It was accept the offer or not.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in June 2008.

Interview Details – First, there's a phone interview. This was done using NetMetting with a shared workspace so the interviewer can watch you code. Next was an onsite interview.

The interview starts with a 30 minute presentation to be given in front of the entire interview team, including the hiring manager and each person who will interview you throughout the day. After that are 5 one-on-one, one hour interviews with an informal lunch in the middle.

Interview Question – I was asked the night before to give the 30 minute presentation. This is a normal part of the process, except for the short notice. Evidently, the hiring manager forgot to tell me until then, but I luckily had one nearly ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They gave me only 1 week instead of the standard 2 weeks.

Field Repair Technician Interview

Field Repair Technician
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – This was in response to an Agilent website career opening. I had a short 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager which covered my interests and background. This led to an interview appointment for the same week. Interview at company was split into 45 minute segments: a panel interview with 3 staff members which covered technical knowledge and interests. Although the hiring manager knew before hand that I had no experience maintaining the specific product, she continued this segment. Second half was a personality interview with 3 other staff members. Various situations were presented for me to comment on, along with personality questions. Both segments were done in a conversational format. I left the interview with the feeling that I didn't meet their immediate requirements.

Interview Question – Diagram on a white board the processes of product X and explain the components.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Santa Rosa, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started with a phone screening to talk about my past experience. It was a nice way to get familiar with who I would be meeting as well as the reverse. After that a few days later I was asked to come in for an interview with a couple folks from the marketing team and 1 R&D manager. The next day was a panel interview with order fulfillment during lunch. It would have been a one dat event but there are scheduling conflicts. It was very comfortable and everyone made me feel at ease. No pressure interview.

Interview Question – In your last job what was yor biggest frustration and how did I deal with it.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received two phone interviews and an onsite interview. First interview was a resume walkthrough and the second was a technical interview. Both went well, and I thought I established a good rapport with both interviewers. The onsite consisted of three panel interviews, one of them technical, and a one-on-one. I felt that I did well in all, and particularly nailed the first two. The only portion I was worried about was the technical, which didn't go as well I though. I sent my thank you's as soon as I got home.

The next day I received a call turning me down. The lead interviewer said that although I was the best candidate they had interviewed so far technically, the most prepared, and the only candidate to follow up, I lacked a certain "sparkle", which he went on to say was unquantifiable, and they were unsure of my CS skills, which they tried to relate a pizza delivery job from high school in my interview. He went on to say that I seemed nervous, despite already having said I was the most prepared, and gave better answers than the others.

This isn't the first bad interview experience I had, and honestly I didn't think my previous worst could be beat, but I found the whole reasoning they tried to give incredibly insulting. I've never been told every reason I should have been hired, then told that although they can't come up with a quantifiable reason to not hire me, they aren't going to anyway. After they played up their company culture, this seemed extremely hypocritical and contrary to it.

Interview Question – You have an angry customer on the line. They are being unreasonable. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Test Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Test Engineer
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial screening with general questions (what do you like/dislike about your current position, 3 important qualities you are looking for in a new employer etc) followed by on-site. Standard interview process with 20 minute presentation, full-day interview both 1:1 and group panel. The interview process was well organized and professional.

Interview Questions

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2011.

Interview Details – I came into Agilent and met with my manager and my mentor. They asked me about my previous coursework/ lab work and I explained to them my projects listed on my resume. Then they gave me some technical questions, that were really basic.

Interview Question – Tell us about your previous projects. Which one did you like the most?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Senior Technical Consultant
Chantilly, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in December 2009.

Interview Details – Typical interview , phone interview and then one on one

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – painful in all the aspects , management is really mean and rude