Agilent Technologies

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

Applications Chemist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2012.

I applied online and received phone interview about three weeks later. I talked with HM about research experience and extracurricular activities. Received on-site interview notice after two weeks. During on-site I gave a 30 min presentation and met with team members (1-2 ppl each time) for behavioral and technical interview. The interview lasted 5-6 hrs including lunchtime.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember exactly. But the question was like have you ever said NO to your boss' or colleague's requests.   Answer Question

Other offers.

Field Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2012.

This was in response to an Agilent website career opening. I had a short 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager which covered my interests and background. This led to an interview appointment for the same week. Interview at company was split into 45 minute segments: a panel interview with 3 staff members which covered technical knowledge and interests. Although the hiring manager knew before hand that I had no experience maintaining the specific product, she continued this segment. Second half was a personality interview with 3 other staff members. Various situations were presented for me to comment on, along with personality questions. Both segments were done in a conversational format. I left the interview with the feeling that I didn't meet their immediate requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Diagram on a white board the processes of product X and explain the components.   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2012.

Company was very quick to get in touch with me, very receptive, in interview they asked personality questions and questions about my background. i would have liked to learn more about the company and dynamics of the group i would be working with. interview was conducted by 2 groups of 2 people

Interview Questions

salary was much lower than i expected. manager had a tendency of contacting me in the late hours of night and called multiple times which seemed very unprofessional. main reason i declined, however, was it was a work at home position. i was looking for something more engineering oriented and camaraderie of working with others in office/lab setting.

Staff Engineer for Colorado Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2012.

Met hiring manager at a campus event. Scheduled a campus "soft skills interview". Followed up with an over the phone/web technical interview with basic EE questions. Finally, had a half day interview in Englewood, 4 x 1 hour interviews with two managers, questions ranging from sales to technical to customer service.

Interview Questions
    • "You have a 3 GHz Oscilloscope trying to measure a 2 GHz Square wave. What do you see on the scope and why?"   View Answers (2)
    A phone call and very little negotiation.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2012.

Applied online and received two phone interviews and an onsite interview. First interview was a resume walkthrough and the second was a technical interview. Both went well, and I thought I established a good rapport with both interviewers. The onsite consisted of three panel interviews, one of them technical, and a one-on-one. I felt that I did well in all, and particularly nailed the first two. The only portion I was worried about was the technical, which didn't go as well I though. I sent my thank you's as soon as I got home.

The next day I received a call turning me down. The lead interviewer said that although I was the best candidate they had interviewed so far technically, the most prepared, and the only candidate to follow up, I lacked a certain "sparkle", which he went on to say was unquantifiable, and they were unsure of my CS skills, which they tried to relate a pizza delivery job from high school in my interview. He went on to say that I seemed nervous, despite already having said I was the most prepared, and gave better answers than the others.

This isn't the first bad interview experience I had, and honestly I didn't think my previous worst could be beat, but I found the whole reasoning they tried to give incredibly insulting. I've never been told every reason I should have been hired, then told that although they can't come up with a quantifiable reason to not hire me, they aren't going to anyway. After they played up their company culture, this seemed extremely hypocritical and contrary to it.

Interview Questions
    • You have an angry customer on the line. They are being unreasonable. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2012.

met with local manager, discussed current experience levels, dicussed salary requirements

Interview Questions
    • How can you bring multi-vendor support to us.   View Answer

Other offers

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in September 2011.

Formal interview is split into two sections. Technical and behavioral. Beware of the latter. Agilent want personalities to be the front of their business every much as being a good engineer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with your most difficult customer and how did it work out? Always be honest but use a positive experience as an example, the interviewers will give you time to think if an answer?   Answer Question
    Straight forward, they wanted to hire me as much as I wanted to join the team!

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2011.

I came into Agilent and met with my manager and my mentor. They asked me about my previous coursework/ lab work and I explained to them my projects listed on my resume. Then they gave me some technical questions, that were really basic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous projects. Which one did you like the most?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in July 2011.

Initial screening with general questions (what do you like/dislike about your current position, 3 important qualities you are looking for in a new employer etc) followed by on-site. Standard interview process with 20 minute presentation, full-day interview both 1:1 and group panel. The interview process was well organized and professional.

R&D Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2011.

I was contacted by Agilent via email shortly after applying via the company job page. I set up a phone interview that was mostly "get to know you" stuff (general technical background, why I was interested, etc). Shortly afterwards I received an email offering an on-site interview. Agilent set up my flights, hotel, and rental car. I met my contact at the hotel, had breakfast, and drove to the site. The interview was a multiple-wave, all-day affair with a break for lunch. Interviews came in different flavors of technical (testing, C# coding, algorithms, Linux) and behavioral. When the day ended I went back to the hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, to be honest. Most of it was bog-standard "design a program to run a vending machine" and "write quicksort in pseudocode" stuff.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was pretty good, and I was more inclined to focus on my coursework with a solid job offer than haggle and potentially alienate myself. I'm lazy like that.