Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Initial Phone Interview, then onsite 3 round interview. Phone interview mostly on resume, past projects. Called after 15 days for the onsite. Onsite interview consists of behavioral ques, design and coding question.
    Behavioral ques - Most challenging project, how did you meet deadline for multiple projects
    Coding ques - Given a source code, find what is the expected output. Code had try, catch, finally block.
    Design ques - Design an imaginary television, what other features you would like to include?
    Overall nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a distributed museum where you need to ensure that information is available at each branch. How can you design the web pages so that each page content is different for each country and language?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted offer as it was a good one.

Software Engineer-Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through website and heard back about two weeks later for a phone interview. The interview was basically just going into more depth about the projects that I had listed on my resume. They asked about specific classes and some of my extracurricular activities. Originally, there was supposed to be three short interviews, but was then narrowed down to one interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a container that I had used on a project from 2 years ago   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Very nice interview process. Interviewers are glad to share and build up rapport quickly with interviewee.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budd Lake, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Budd Lake, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview set up via campus website. Met one-to-one with one of their employees, asked me questions ranging from hardware to software, pretty much based on everything on my resume.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Panel interviews consisting of behavioral interviewing

Internal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Englewood, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

First and second round interviews are likely to over the phone or online meeting client. Questions are very quiz-like and will test your knowledge of basic concepts regarding your type of applications engineering position. The engineers interviewing me over the phone were friendly and accommodating. They asked a mix of quiz-like questions and behavioral ones, and gave me ample opportunity to ask them questions too. One of their higher level managers, at a college recruiting session was much more focused on stumping me than learning about me. That is fine, but his attitude felt much different from the other engineers I had talked to on the phone previously and afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Draw the block diagram of a *insert arbitrary piece of test equipment* that you say you've had experience using on your resume.   1 Answer

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Found out through a recruiter. Met the entire management team, including Controller. Had to return 3 additional times to meet the entire tax group and one final time to have coffee with the staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiations. It was accept the offer or not.

Applications Chemist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received phone interview about three weeks later. I talked with HM about research experience and extracurricular activities. Received on-site interview notice after two weeks. During on-site I gave a 30 min presentation and met with team members (1-2 ppl each time) for behavioral and technical interview. The interview lasted 5-6 hrs including lunchtime.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember exactly. But the question was like have you ever said NO to your boss' or colleague's requests.   Answer Question

Other offers.

Field Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in May 2012.

Interview

This was in response to an Agilent website career opening. I had a short 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager which covered my interests and background. This led to an interview appointment for the same week. Interview at company was split into 45 minute segments: a panel interview with 3 staff members which covered technical knowledge and interests. Although the hiring manager knew before hand that I had no experience maintaining the specific product, she continued this segment. Second half was a personality interview with 3 other staff members. Various situations were presented for me to comment on, along with personality questions. Both segments were done in a conversational format. I left the interview with the feeling that I didn't meet their immediate requirements.

Interview Questions

• Diagram on a white board the processes of product X and explain the components.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in May 2012.

Interview

Company was very quick to get in touch with me, very receptive, in interview they asked personality questions and questions about my background. i would have liked to learn more about the company and dynamics of the group i would be working with. interview was conducted by 2 groups of 2 people

Interview Questions

salary was much lower than i expected. manager had a tendency of contacting me in the late hours of night and called multiple times which seemed very unprofessional. main reason i declined, however, was it was a work at home position. i was looking for something more engineering oriented and camaraderie of working with others in office/lab setting.