Agilent Technologies Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
124 interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2012.

Applied online and received two phone interviews and an onsite interview. First interview was a resume walkthrough and the second was a technical interview. Both went well, and I thought I established a good rapport with both interviewers. The onsite consisted of three panel interviews, one of them technical, and a one-on-one. I felt that I did well in all, and particularly nailed the first two. The only portion I was worried about was the technical, which didn't go as well I though. I sent my thank you's as soon as I got home.

The next day I received a call turning me down. The lead interviewer said that although I was the best candidate they had interviewed so far technically, the most prepared, and the only candidate to follow up, I lacked a certain "sparkle", which he went on to say was unquantifiable, and they were unsure of my CS skills, which they tried to relate a pizza delivery job from high school in my interview. He went on to say that I seemed nervous, despite already having said I was the most prepared, and gave better answers than the others.

This isn't the first bad interview experience I had, and honestly I didn't think my previous worst could be beat, but I found the whole reasoning they tried to give incredibly insulting. I've never been told every reason I should have been hired, then told that although they can't come up with a quantifiable reason to not hire me, they aren't going to anyway. After they played up their company culture, this seemed extremely hypocritical and contrary to it.

Interview Questions
    • You have an angry customer on the line. They are being unreasonable. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in July 2011.

Initial screening with general questions (what do you like/dislike about your current position, 3 important qualities you are looking for in a new employer etc) followed by on-site. Standard interview process with 20 minute presentation, full-day interview both 1:1 and group panel. The interview process was well organized and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2011.

I came into Agilent and met with my manager and my mentor. They asked me about my previous coursework/ lab work and I explained to them my projects listed on my resume. Then they gave me some technical questions, that were really basic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous projects. Which one did you like the most?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in December 2009.

Typical interview , phone interview and then one on one

Interview Questions
    painful in all the aspects , management is really mean and rude

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2011.

I had a, what I though to be, a good interview with one gentleman. We chatted about infrastructure, implementations, and different analysis of varying products and services. This was round 2. Round 1 was a regular interview by HR. Weird thing was that it seemed like upper mgmt was not too keen on even opening up this position. Both the interviewer and HR made a one-sentence comment on it.

In the end I believe they removed the position or hired someone else.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2010.

no feelings

Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2010.

Met with one recruiter on campus. short interview (about 35 mins). some behavioral questions such as teamwork skills, management skills. He asked basic questions as well such as, if I'm willing to move, if I can work overtime, etc. Some technical questions, about four. The interview was a bit more difficult than others due to the fact that there were some technical questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2010.

I interviewed with the hiring manager and a potential peer analyst. It was informal, very conversational and with a few specific behavioral questions. I felt I had good responses based on their reactions and thought it was a pretty good fit. It was a challenging interview but not difficult because I was prepared.

It seemed to me that I may have had too much energy for the people I interviewed with... maybe they were looking for someone quieter and meeker that wouldn't mind being in a cubicle all day without interacting with other people. Perhaps an outgoing personality is not helpful in this position. I asked the recruiter for some feedback but never heard anything one way or the other.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in September 2009.

There was no follow-up as promised in the phone interview - rather, it was simply dropped. So if you're still in the running you'll know when they call again. If you don't make the cut, you may just never hear anything again, even if they say they'll let you know. Too bad - on the balance, Agilent used to have a reputation as being a professional organization. Perhaps better results might be had by trying the Life Sciences part of the company instead (said to be growing).

Interview Questions
    • Asked for experience directly related to the job applied for.   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2010.

Hiring manager & I spoke on phone 1:1. Based on that, he decided he wanted to talk with me in person. Based on that, he decided to have me talk to a panel of three (himself, another manager, and two members of his staff). I was told I was one of five finalists who met with the panel. The manager decided none of us met job requirements. But based on a side-conversation during the phone and 1:1 interviews, he offered me a contract position doing something else in his group. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three of your strengths and three of your weaknesses.   View Answer