Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

Manufacturing Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in July 2011.

Initial screening with general questions (what do you like/dislike about your current position, 3 important qualities you are looking for in a new employer etc) followed by on-site. Standard interview process with 20 minute presentation, full-day interview both 1:1 and group panel. The interview process was well organized and professional.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2011.

I came into Agilent and met with my manager and my mentor. They asked me about my previous coursework/ lab work and I explained to them my projects listed on my resume. Then they gave me some technical questions, that were really basic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous projects. Which one did you like the most?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in December 2009.

Typical interview , phone interview and then one on one

Interview Questions
    painful in all the aspects , management is really mean and rude

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2011.

I had a, what I though to be, a good interview with one gentleman. We chatted about infrastructure, implementations, and different analysis of varying products and services. This was round 2. Round 1 was a regular interview by HR. Weird thing was that it seemed like upper mgmt was not too keen on even opening up this position. Both the interviewer and HR made a one-sentence comment on it.

In the end I believe they removed the position or hired someone else.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2010.

no feelings

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2010.

Met with one recruiter on campus. short interview (about 35 mins). some behavioral questions such as teamwork skills, management skills. He asked basic questions as well such as, if I'm willing to move, if I can work overtime, etc. Some technical questions, about four. The interview was a bit more difficult than others due to the fact that there were some technical questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2010.

I interviewed with the hiring manager and a potential peer analyst. It was informal, very conversational and with a few specific behavioral questions. I felt I had good responses based on their reactions and thought it was a pretty good fit. It was a challenging interview but not difficult because I was prepared.

It seemed to me that I may have had too much energy for the people I interviewed with... maybe they were looking for someone quieter and meeker that wouldn't mind being in a cubicle all day without interacting with other people. Perhaps an outgoing personality is not helpful in this position. I asked the recruiter for some feedback but never heard anything one way or the other.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in September 2009.

There was no follow-up as promised in the phone interview - rather, it was simply dropped. So if you're still in the running you'll know when they call again. If you don't make the cut, you may just never hear anything again, even if they say they'll let you know. Too bad - on the balance, Agilent used to have a reputation as being a professional organization. Perhaps better results might be had by trying the Life Sciences part of the company instead (said to be growing).

Interview Questions
    • Asked for experience directly related to the job applied for.   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2010.

Hiring manager & I spoke on phone 1:1. Based on that, he decided he wanted to talk with me in person. Based on that, he decided to have me talk to a panel of three (himself, another manager, and two members of his staff). I was told I was one of five finalists who met with the panel. The manager decided none of us met job requirements. But based on a side-conversation during the phone and 1:1 interviews, he offered me a contract position doing something else in his group. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three of your strengths and three of your weaknesses.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado City, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado City, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2010.

I was called my recruiter. It was a resume walk through. But majorly he was asking C++ questions. Constructor , Destructor and virutal functions.

Interview Questions
    • Base class and derived class pointer array   View Answer