Agilent Technologies

Updated Oct 23, 2014

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2011.

I had a, what I though to be, a good interview with one gentleman. We chatted about infrastructure, implementations, and different analysis of varying products and services. This was round 2. Round 1 was a regular interview by HR. Weird thing was that it seemed like upper mgmt was not too keen on even opening up this position. Both the interviewer and HR made a one-sentence comment on it.

In the end I believe they removed the position or hired someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2010.

Met with one recruiter on campus. short interview (about 35 mins). some behavioral questions such as teamwork skills, management skills. He asked basic questions as well such as, if I'm willing to move, if I can work overtime, etc. Some technical questions, about four. The interview was a bit more difficult than others due to the fact that there were some technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in July 2010.

I had entertained working for Agilent for a long time, being a larger company with a wider product portfolio than the one I was coming from. I had internal contacts that had tried to recruit me earlier, based on their direct experience seeing my work style and ethics. When the situation was finally mature for me to transition, I flagged my availability and jointly looked for a match in their currently open reqs. Several one-on-one lunch meetings followed to educate me about the company culture. Eventually the panel interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a conflict with peer and/or Customer?   Answer Question
    Trying to get me disclose current salary, which I refused to get on-target compensation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in June 2010.

The entire process was very easy and well communicated. I applied online and after a short period of time (1-2 days) was contacted by the recruiter who did a brief screen simply to confirm the qualifications on my resume.

The hiring manager scheduled a phone interview the following day and we had a good conversation. There was another individual on the call as well who asked some complementary questions (this turned out to be a peer on the team). The questions were focused on ensuring I met the job qualifications and then turned to basic personality questions (how would you handle X scenario, etc).

I finalized the process with an in-person interview the next week which turned out to just be a friendly lunch where some additional questions were asked, and I was extended an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the process you would go through to lead a project in the organization that had previously been attempted and failed.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2010.

no feelings

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2010.

I interviewed with the hiring manager and a potential peer analyst. It was informal, very conversational and with a few specific behavioral questions. I felt I had good responses based on their reactions and thought it was a pretty good fit. It was a challenging interview but not difficult because I was prepared.

It seemed to me that I may have had too much energy for the people I interviewed with... maybe they were looking for someone quieter and meeker that wouldn't mind being in a cubicle all day without interacting with other people. Perhaps an outgoing personality is not helpful in this position. I asked the recruiter for some feedback but never heard anything one way or the other.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2010.

Hiring manager & I spoke on phone 1:1. Based on that, he decided he wanted to talk with me in person. Based on that, he decided to have me talk to a panel of three (himself, another manager, and two members of his staff). I was told I was one of five finalists who met with the panel. The manager decided none of us met job requirements. But based on a side-conversation during the phone and 1:1 interviews, he offered me a contract position doing something else in his group. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three of your strengths and three of your weaknesses.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2010.

The interview started with a phone screening to talk about my past experience. It was a nice way to get familiar with who I would be meeting as well as the reverse. After that a few days later I was asked to come in for an interview with a couple folks from the marketing team and 1 R&D manager. The next day was a panel interview with order fulfillment during lunch. It would have been a one dat event but there are scheduling conflicts. It was very comfortable and everyone made me feel at ease. No pressure interview.

Interview Questions
    • In your last job what was yor biggest frustration and how did I deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2010.

An initial phone interview was conducted by a 3rd party organization under contract to Agilent. They asked some behavioral interview questions (about 4 or 5). Following that an in-person interview was set up consisting of 6 people, in 4 groups. 1-1-2-2. Since this was essentially a Field Applications Engineering position members of the sales force (called "Field Engineers") were involved in the interview process, as well as other Applications Engineers.

RF Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2010.

It was a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a experience where you had to tell some one about a product.   View Answer
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question