Agilent Technologies

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions in Loveland, CO

2.7

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2014.

Applied online through Agilent careers site. Was contacted by recruiter to complete a pre-interview screening questionnaire. Submitted to recruiter within three days, heard nothing for approximately one week. Then I received the same email from the recruiter that I was initially sent. Submitted (again) questionnaire and received a phone interview offer within a day.

Interview was with three person panel over phone - interviewers seemed reasonably prepared, but questions were overly-vague compared to the level of detail the interviewers attempted to force from me. It created a situation where it seemed like they were trying to imply detailed responses from me that simply were not accurate. This situation was frustrating.

At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be contacted within 1 week with an updated status of my application. Never received any communication. Contacted recruiter for status update, recruiter did not respond. This part of the process seemed unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • High quantity of behavioral questions crammed into small time window for interview.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in September 2009.

There was no follow-up as promised in the phone interview - rather, it was simply dropped. So if you're still in the running you'll know when they call again. If you don't make the cut, you may just never hear anything again, even if they say they'll let you know. Too bad - on the balance, Agilent used to have a reputation as being a professional organization. Perhaps better results might be had by trying the Life Sciences part of the company instead (said to be growing).

Interview Questions
    • Asked for experience directly related to the job applied for.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2009.

There was first a technical interview. None of the questions were unusually difficult. They asked basic programming and testing concepts. Afterwards there were a number of more specific questions detailing example scenarios. They covered perl, python, and bash since the position was looking for a scripting position. After the technical interview there was a manager interview. The interview went well, we talked about my past experiences and how I overcame challenges and obstacles.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or peer. How did you overcome the conflict?   Answer Question
    No negotiation